[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz's Bunch moves to VT  (Read 2233 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Buzz's Bunch moves to VT
« on: August 05, 2014, 06:42:03 AM »
http://www.hokiesports.com/mbasketball/recaps/20140803aaa.html

August 3, 2014
Virginia Tech welcomes the newest members of Buzz's Bunch
Head coach Buzz Williams brings his Buzz's Bunch foundation to Virginia Tech

Saturday morning brought a new energy to the Hahn Hurst Basketball Practice Facility, one that will only grow in the months and years to come. The first Virginia Tech event of Buzz’s Bunch involved members of the community into not just the organization, but into the entire basketball program.

The event involved about 45 special needs campers, along with their families and supporters. Two members from the Milwaukee Bunch were even able to join Saturday’s event, as Coach Buzz remains in contact with many of the members still in Wisconsin.

The Virginia Tech basketball staff set about a fun day of skills development; work in the weight room and a tour of the locker room and basketball facilities. After a provided lunch, the Bunch was treated to an autograph session with the Hokie players and the chance to get a photo with Coach Williams.

“As I have done in the past, I want to make sure Buzz’s Bunch knows that I am their friend every day, not just the day of the event,” Williams said. “We will continue to support the members back in Milwaukee, while completely involving all of our new friends here in Virginia.”
This is the seventh year of Buzz’s Bunch, with the previous six years taking place in Milwaukee, where Buzz Williams was the head coach at Marquette. With Williams’ move to Blacksburg in March, the foundation set up shop in Blacksburg, to benefit the local community.

This event is planned to become an annual event and is the first of many that will take place in the New River Valley. The group will become more entwined into the fabric of the Hokies’ basketball program and lay a foundation to help all of Hokie Nation become aware of the values that will drive this program, both on and off the court.

For more information on Buzz's Bunch, email info@BuzzsBunch.com

Stronghold

• All American
Re: Buzz's Bunch moves to VT
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
Like Buzz or not I think he is passionate about this program and it has done a lot of good.  Props to him for that.

feedback