'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:02:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If MU ever decides to pick up FB again, do you think they'd join these guys?  (Read 41090 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Unless I am mistaken I don't think this is correct. Title IX isn't just about scholarships it's about money spent.

Title IX is about three prongs or tests, a school is in compliance if it meets any one of the three. 

Provide athletic participation opportunities that are substantially proportionate to the undergraduate enrollment.

Demonstrate a continual expansion of athletic opportunities for the underrepresented sex.

Fully accommodate the interests and abilities of the underrepresented sex.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
I worked in the media in the QCs in the 1970s and early 1980s. At the time I started, the region was the Industrial Miracle, with Deere, IH, Caterpillar, JI Case and Alcoa all employing thousands and thousands of blue collar, unionized workers.

Within five years beginning in 1981, Case shut its entire QC operation (Bettendorf and Rock Island), IH shut down the huge Farmall Plant in Rock Island (from which the city has never recovered), Caterpillar shut down North Davenport (after retooling it five years before) and the Rock Island Lines railroad went bankrupt and abandoned Silvis (see that large empty tract of land as you come in on Interstate 88/Illinois 5 from Sterling and Chicago). I'm betting that 25,000 to 35,000 people lost their jobs, minimum.

Other than Deere and Company and the Arsenal, nothing is there except for a few tractor suppliers (I'm assuming McLaughlin Body still is around). I'm sure I am overstating somewhat, but the economy there is a real world-class disaster and if Deere's headquarters weren't in Moline, one wonders whether there would be 50,000 people left!

My Great Uncle lives in DT Chicago and has for quite some time.  He got his start selling mining and farming equipment for IH and then later for Komatsu/Dresser.  He lived all over the world in the 60's & 70's before some of these places went to hell: Afghanistan, Pakistan, China (pre-opening for business) and finally the 80's & 90's until retirement in Russia (where he would spent half his time in Chicago & the other half in Moscow).  When he worked for IH, apparently by being in Sales, he need not live in the QC.

feedback