[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Yates n Robertin  (Read 3002 times)

River rat

• Team Captain
Yates n Robertin
« on: July 15, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
Anyone know what came of these guys.  Are we still interested?  Did they sign elsewhere?

GGGG

• All American
Re: Yates n Robertin
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:22:31 PM »
Robertin is at a JUCO somewhere.  No idea about Yates but I would assume the same.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 03:40:29 PM »
Anyone know what came of these guys.  Are we still interested?  Did they sign elsewhere?

Yates was an offer by the last regime. I don't think Wojo has even so much as talked to him. He is still uncommitted. His only offers are Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Illinois State, and UL Monroe. Out of those schools, only Minnesota currently has an open schollie (Wally's old spot). I don't know if Pitino Jr. is seriously recruiting him or not. Would not be surprised to see him land at a JUCO.

Robertin was another offer by the previous regime. He is currently enrolled at Chipola College in Florida, a JUCO basketball powerhouse. Robertin is a talent but he is also afflicted with the "not good enough grades to go to college" disease (TAMU was also recruiting him). My guess is that Wojo will not be seeking out Mr. Robertin's services in the future.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »

Robertin was another offer by the previous regime. He is currently enrolled at Chipola College in Florida, a JUCO basketball powerhouse. Robertin is a talent but he is also afflicted with the "not good enough grades to go to college" disease (TAMU was also recruiting him). My guess is that Wojo will not be seeking out Mr. Robertin's services in the future.

Yeah, we're too good for those Jucos and non qualifiers now. What did guys like Jerome Whitehead, Dwyane Wade and Jae Crowder ever do for Marquette basketball anyway?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 04:28:07 PM »
I don't Marquette is too good for jucos. I think some of our best basketball alumni have taken the juco/non-qualifier route. Don't confuse my concern with one specific situation with a bias against jucos.

However, given that Wojo seems to be focused on athletic wings and Ellenson/Falzon/Sharma for the 2015 class, my guess is that Robertin is not a priority.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:36:57 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »
Yeah, we're too good for those Jucos and non qualifiers now. What did guys like Jerome Whitehead, Dwyane Wade and Jae Crowder ever do for Marquette basketball anyway?

No future Whitehead
Wojo recruiting difference
Heldt will have to do
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 07:23:05 PM »
Out of those schools, only Minnesota currently has an open schollie (Wally's old spot). I don't know if Pitino Jr. is seriously recruiting him or not. Would not be surprised to see him land at a JUCO.

Not true. You have bad info.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
Not true. You have bad info.

What's the bad info? Unless one of their walk ons was given a scholarship, they currently have one scholarship available. I have multiple sources saying Yates has a scholarship offer from the gophers. Care to enlighten me?

Or should I be surprised if he lands at a JUCO?
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 08:47:17 PM »
What's the bad info? Unless one of their walk ons was given a scholarship, they currently have one scholarship available. I have multiple sources saying Yates has a scholarship offer from the gophers. Care to enlighten me?

Or should I be surprised if he lands at a JUCO?

No walk ons given a scholarship; no scholarships available. U b rong
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »
No walk ons given a scholarship; no scholarships available. U b rong

Looked into it, you are right. Joey King is listed as a walk on VC but actually earned a scholarship. My apologies.

So Yates currently holds 5 offers from 5 schools that have 0 scholarships between them.
TAMU