[Today at 12:30:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So which UW basketball player did the raping?  (Read 21086 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: So which UW basketball player did the raping?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »
Let me tell you something Benny.  The problem of sexual assault on campus goes way beyond athletics, and the issues that victims face are more than facing a system that protects athletes.

Immoral and evil people rape.  Student athletes don't become more immoral and evil because they are getting paid.  Complete strawman argument.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:35 PM »

Right.  So let's engage in the same behavior.

As Jesus once said "It's pretty much OK to do anything to someone as long as they have done it to you first."

Well aren't you being a wet blanket.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 04:15:21 PM »
Well aren't you being a wet blanket.

"Blessed are the wet blankets for they shall inherit the Kingdom of Scoop."
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

Right.  So let's engage in the same behavior.

As Jesus once said "It's pretty much OK to do anything to someone as long as they have done it to you first."

All I remember hearing Jesus say was, "Recruit more Jews!"

(Hey, it worked so well on some of the other threads.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
let's see here, D-1 player on a large campus but small college town...madison really isn't that large with a population of approximately 560,000.  it is a large campus.  i think it's madison.  they're trying to throw the dogs off the trail.  boy, i'd hate to be a 6'6" D-1 basketball player in this state right now-they're screwed
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »
let's see here, D-1 player on a large campus but small college town...madison really isn't that large with a population of approximately 560,000.  it is a large campus.  i think it's madison.  they're trying to throw the dogs off the trail.  boy, i'd hate to be a 6'6" D-1 basketball player in this state right now-they're screwed

I think you mean "They've screwed."
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2014, 04:51:50 PM »
Chicos is the goddam worst.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:29 PM »
Let me tell you something Benny.  The problem of sexual assault on campus goes way beyond athletics, and the issues that victims face are more than facing a system that protects athletes.

Immoral and evil people rape.  Student athletes don't become more immoral and evil because they are getting paid.  Complete strawman argument.

I agree with part one.  However, stud athlete who can lead team down the field in a two minute drill or averages 6 assists a game seems to have a different investigative system than the Bus Ad major from Chicago who is also part of Sigma Chi.  Or moreover, the victim is less likely to turn in stud athlete knowing the hell that will brought on to her (we saw it on this very board, we see it on the UW-madison boards when they had one of their football recruits accused...found guilty yesterday by the way).  If she turns in Bus Ad major from Chicago that no one knows or cares about, her life is exponentially less complicated than turning in an athlete, let alone one that is very good on a very good team that has a rabid following.

IMO

I agree with your last line, by the way.  Though I think there is nuance there having spent many years in this business.  There are people that are predisposed to doing wrong things because of any number of reasons (environment, how they were brought up, lack of daddy, entitlement, women throwing themselves at them all the time, etc).  You grease the skids a bit more, and you can compound the incidents further.  Some of the stories I can tell will make your head spin on the pro side.  Think the wildest crap you can think of from a Penthouse Forum article and double it.  Some of these guys have to literally beat these women off with a stick and have had to do it since high school.  They become entitled and no doesn't mean no when they meet someone that has a few more morals.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 06:15:37 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 04:56:37 PM »

Thanks and thanks for quoting him.  I never know what he says anymore due to ignore....always entertaining. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »

booooooooooooooooooooooo

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 05:09:03 PM »
I think you mean "They've screwed."

that too

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:06 PM »
Makes you wonder why if I am the worst, why he bothers to read someone's thoughts he doesn't care for. Strange, similar to his former avatar of an off the charts weird guy. Birds of a feather...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »

kind of what i was bringing to light on the superbar site which no one seems to want to touch
http://www.universityherald.com/articles/10014/20140619/james-madison-university-under-federal-investigation-for-handling-of-students-sexual-assault-complaint.htm

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
Thanks and thanks for quoting him.  I never know what he says anymore due to ignore....always entertaining. 

This thread title and the innuendos asserted by you within could be one of the most embarrassing to ever appear on the site, giving several others you've started and/or derailed a run for their money. You're the worst.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
I have no idea who is the offending party is. However, I would think if you go to UW you know who the basketball players are. I would not say the same thing about UWGB.

brandx

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 06:00:05 PM »
There you go again, saying athletes don't have the opportunity to work part time.  Yes they do.  That has been legislated in the NCAA a long time ago.

I guess if you repeat your lie enough eventually someone will believe you.

I didn't say it was an NCAA rule. But an athlete taking a full class load + putting 20-40 hours of work into their sport does not have time for a part-time job.

How many times could Todd Mayo skip practice and workouts before he would be 'fired' from his scholarship?

jjfanec

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 06:02:51 PM »
I have no idea who is the offending party is. However, I would think if you go to UW you know who the basketball players are. I would not say the same thing about UWGB.

I dont think that is true at all.  UWGB is a small enough campus with only 1 division 1 sport so I think the basketball players are very well known.  They are well known on both campuses in my mind.  As a Badger fan if this happened at UW it makes me sick. Actually if it happened at any school it makes me sick.  There is no doubt this type of stuff happens and it is incredibly hard situation for the woman who has been raped.  It is a terrible trauma to be raped but then to know the scorn you will receive from a small group of deluded fans if you report the player is even worse.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »
I didn't say it was an NCAA rule. But an athlete taking a full class load + putting 20-40 hours of work into their sport does not have time for a part-time job.

How many times could Todd Mayo skip practice and workouts before he would be 'fired' from his scholarship?

You are assuming all athletes are basketball and football players, when in fact those two sports combined make up less than 10% of all student athletes.  Let's also not forget many college football and basketball players do have part time jobs.  I have a UCLA baseball player that will be interning here starting in two weeks.  We have had football players over the years.  Yes, schedules are difficult and the employer has to be flexible, but it can be done and we actually require them to do work.

That's the danger with the prism you guys keep viewing this stuff through.  Then you want to make special exceptions for these guys, just wait how well that is received by the Title IX folks.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 06:13:55 PM »
I dont think that is true at all.  UWGB is a small enough campus with only 1 division 1 sport so I think the basketball players are very well known.  They are well known on both campuses in my mind.  As a Badger fan if this happened at UW it makes me sick. Actually if it happened at any school it makes me sick.  There is no doubt this type of stuff happens and it is incredibly hard situation for the woman who has been raped.  It is a terrible trauma to be raped but then to know the scorn you will receive from a small group of deluded fans if you report the player is even worse.  

Well said

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 06:39:31 PM »
Lots of "coulds" here. Could be true, could be fiction. but by all means, let's hang somebody.

Exactly.

Plus there's this gem: "I have no doubt that if she said a DI Michigan school, the Badger faithful would react accordingly."

Great. An in-kind reaction to a hypothetical assumed reaction. That's how 4 year-olds behave. Guttural, brainless discourse. Embarrassing.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 06:45:44 PM »

Not what I said. Go back and re-read.  Take out the whole thing about the students getting paid if you'd like. Bottom line is more money for the schools/networks, the more the incentive to sweep these things under the rug.  Riddle me a counter argument to that.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 07:43:59 PM »
Not what I said. Go back and re-read.  Take out the whole thing about the students getting paid if you'd like. Bottom line is more money for the schools/networks, the more the incentive to sweep these things under the rug.  Riddle me a counter argument to that.

OK then I misunderstood.  Sorry.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
kind of what i was bringing to light on the superbar site which no one seems to want to touch
http://www.universityherald.com/articles/10014/20140619/james-madison-university-under-federal-investigation-for-handling-of-students-sexual-assault-complaint.htm

Title IX is such a sticky issue for campuses.  I mean, here is a student that was allegedly sexually assaulted in a different state.  And of course alcohol is involved...

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »
The sexual assault of a woman, by anyone, should not be fodder for college message board bickering.

This thread, the title in particular, is vile and repugnant. I find this very embarrassing.

Chicos, I'm sorry to call you out, but you're better than this. Or at least I hope you are.
We Are Marquette

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:41 PM »

This thread, the title in particular, is vile and repugnant. I find this very embarrassing.

+100000000

We can at least change the unnatural carnal knowledgeing title.