[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What the heck is going on in Wisconsin?  (Read 9349 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: What the heck is going on in Wisconsin?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
Tougher gun laws would have helped

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 10:44:48 AM »
Buzz's substitution patterns
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 11:16:40 AM »
Mbakwe is Slender Man

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 11:19:56 AM »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:05 PM »
Tougher gun laws would have helped

Them kinda thoughts'll getcha kilt, baw!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »

1.  Fat people don't use chop sticks.
2.  When was the last bicyclist under the influence charged with vehicular manslaughter?

I support the 2nd Amendment, but I've always hated that argument.  (I think it runs counter to responsible gun ownership.)  People kill people, sure -- but I know a much easier way to do it than tickling them to death.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »
Counting down to the lock.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
2.  When was the last bicyclist under the influence charged with vehicular manslaughter?

I support the 2nd Amendment, but I've always hated that argument.  (I think it runs counter to responsible gun ownership.)  People kill people, sure -- but I know a much easier way to do it than tickling them to death.

http://seattleduiarrest.blogspot.com/2013/07/vehicular-manslaughter-by-bicyclecan-it.html

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
wisconsin is unfortunately just a microcosm of the rest of our surroundings.  whenever i read drudge or smoking gun and some of these same types of stories, it depresses me, but not quite enough to stab my neighbor or anything
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 10:18:05 AM »

It was sarcasm.  End of the day, people kill people.  They want to kill you, they will find a way. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »

Obviously, keyboards "miss spell" words.
SS Marquette

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 02:19:41 PM »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 06:22:36 PM »

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
It was sarcasm.  End of the day, people kill people.  They want to kill you, they will find a way.  

Or we could, ya know, make it just a little bit harder for maniacs to kill people. I don't understand how an intelligent person can disagree with that
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:42:14 PM by MUsoxfan »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Or we could, ya know, make it just a little bit harder for maniacs to kill each people. I don't understand how an intelligent person can disagree with that

I have no problem with that....the difference is how you go about it.   That's always the deal.  Come up with a way that doesn't penalize law abiding citizens and keeps things (not just guns) out of the hands of those that shouldn't have them...I'm all ears.  So are most reasonable people.  Problem is, most of the "reasonable" solutions that have been suggested would not have stopped anything to date, which then leads to unreasonable solutions.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »
A moment of silence for Joseph Wilcox.   A license to carry, armed in the Wal-Mart, made a move toward the shooters to attempt to stop them.   May he rest in peace.     He made the attempt. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 10:42:03 PM »
Or we could, ya know, make it just a little bit harder for maniacs to kill people. I don't understand how an intelligent person can disagree with that

Don't bother in this. Some people are just going to be disagreeable. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 11:42:04 PM »
Don't bother in this. Some people are just going to be disagreeable. 

Thank you. I was about to respond, but you stopped me. It makes very little sense to respond to the meatheaded. When one is dead from the neck - up, things become difficult and nonsensical

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »
Thank you. I was about to respond, but you stopped me. It makes very little sense to respond to the meatheaded. When one is dead from the neck - up, things become difficult and nonsensical

You can read the entire argument you were about to get into.  Go Sox... assuming they're white not red

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=44023.0
Maigh Eo for Sam

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2014, 08:38:44 AM »

Yep, we could do a better job recognizing and treating mental illness. treatment can reduce the risk of violent behavior and potentially end these tragedies

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
Or we could enforce the laws on the books.  NYC and Chicago have some of the toughest gun laws in the country, yet time after time, judges and prosecutors plead down the gun charges.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »
Or we could enforce the laws on the books.  NYC and Chicago have some of the toughest gun laws in the country, yet time after time, judges and prosecutors plead down the gun charges.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2014, 08:58:54 AM »
Or we can at least make it harder than getting a drivers license. Which is better than the "nothing" that's being done now

reinko

• All American
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »

OK,  we then need more prisons, more correctional officers, more DAs,  more case workers for eventual parolees.

And to Ari,  more doctors,  more hospitals,  more outpatient treatment programs,  more outreach programs,  more counselors in schools.

These are billion dollar ideas you are talking here.

So,  how can we pay for these things?   And who will?   State budgets that are in the red right now,  school budgets,  good luck.   Federal,  please.   Private money?  Get real.

So easy to opine that we need to identify mental illness better,  or use the laws that are on the books,  but it comes down to money and the will power (or we need to ban assault rifles,  or limit magazine clips) .   Unfortunately our country is paralyzed,  and we have neither.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Or we can at least make it harder than getting a drivers license. Which is better than the "nothing" that's being done now

Nothing's being done now because liberal judges and prosecutors have been making excuses for perps for decades. Look no further than the prosecutor who excused the shooter on Marquette's campus a few weeks ago. Time to buck up and put people in jail if they commit crimes.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 09:10:53 AM »

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »
Or everyone can have all the 1776 era guns they can fit in their house

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »

Yes, that's usually a good way to have a discussion.  Anyone that disagrees with you is a meathead and nonsensical.  You wonder why there is gridlock in this nation....

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 09:26:41 AM »

I'm glad you put that word in " " since we all know that isn't true.

Instead of calling you names like you have done, the proposed changes you and others have suggested as "common sense", would ANY of them have prevented these shootings?  According to the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN....the answer is NO.

None of these people were institutionalized in their lives.  Professional mental health experts decided they weren't a threat, thus allowed to be in society.  Check.  None of them had a criminal record.  Check.  All of them passed a background check.  Check.  All of them legally bought a gun. Check. In the case of CT shootings, the killer got the guns from the house where his mom was the one that purchased them.  None of them were purchased at a gun show. Check.

So, since we know none of those common sense approaches would have changed things, the next logical question is how much farther do you want to go?  Anyone that has ever seen a psychiatrist?  Anyone that is medicated in some manner? 

What are your solutions, specifically, rather than calling people meatheads or throwing out wonderful lines like "we should make it harder than getting a driver's license"....that one is kind of funny out here in California where you don't even have to be here legally in the state to get a LEGAL gov't issued document.  Good Lord. 

Enjoyed watching the Halos sweep the Sox last weekend.   ;D

feedback