Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Which meme is better?

Hoopaloop
88 (66.7%)
Wade wearing Indiana shorts
44 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Voting closed: April 30, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Region - 6 vs 11  (Read 2207 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Coaching Carousel Region - 6 vs 11
« on: April 28, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
Hoopaloop
This is one of the more controversial memes in Scoop history and is relatively difficult to explain.  Hoopaloop was a poster that popped up during some of Chico's occasional absences from Scoop for bad behavior.  This poster came to stir the pot as much as Chicos did leading to speculation that Hoop WAS Chicos.  Oh hilarity ensued.  Eventually it was "revealed" that the poster known as Hoop and Chicos "knew" each other and Hoop let Chicos borrow his log-in to post, because he just can't quit you Scoop.  Hoop disappeared shortly after Chico's re-instatement, but not before they mutually supported each others arguments for a while.  This event also spawned the beer summit meme.  This is why the internets are the best.

Wade wearing Indiana shorts
Another MU summer special as well as a meme I couldn't find the origination of.  Apparently Wade was caught on two different occasions wearing Indiana basketball shorts in public, now we know how Gabrielle Union feels….HEY OH.  Anyway, this public flirtation with Tanned Tommy's program from the most recognizable MU basketball product in the last 20 years sparked some strong reaction and an on-going meme from Scoop.  This is an interesting meme because it seems such a trivial thing to get worked up over, but you do kind of get why its poor form.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Coaching Carousel Region - 6 vs 11
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
Not sure how Wade wearing IU shorts has more than 1 vote here...

Hoopaloop has to be the 2nd most underseeded team in this tournament, with the Warriors nickname being a distant first.  Those 2 should meet at some point in the Tourney.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:05:10 AM »
Not sure how Wade wearing IU shorts has more than 1 vote here...

Hoopaloop has to be the 2nd most underseeded team in this tournament, with the Warriors nickname being a distant first.  Those 2 should meet at some point in the Tourney.

I think you'll be surprised.  I think there was a relatively small band of posters involved in the Hoopaloop fiasco, some of whom are no longer actively posting.  It very well could be underseeded but does it have enough name recognition?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:42:07 AM »
I think you'll be surprised.  I think there was a relatively small band of posters involved in the Hoopaloop fiasco, some of whom are no longer actively posting.  It very well could be underseeded but does it have enough name recognition?

Lots of people saw the Hoopaloop "fiasco," I was always surprised that many of you guys cared that much about who was posting.

Wade wearing IU shorts, though, stung a bit for most MU fans.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »

I think you're right.  I just think it was absolutely hilarious.  Just everything about it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
Lots of people saw the Hoopaloop "fiasco," I was always surprised that many of you guys cared that much about who was posting.

Wade wearing IU shorts, though, stung a bit for most MU fans.

I don't know, the blatant lying even after being busted was pretty hilarious.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.