[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Doc and the Clips  (Read 47833 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Doc and the Clips
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2014, 05:34:31 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2014, 09:17:22 AM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »
Still think the cat was set up with the phone conversation bein' taped and such.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2014, 09:44:58 AM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2014, 09:46:48 AM »
I see what you did there. Every inference you made is that he is a Dem. The truth is the opposite. LA County records show him registered Republican since 1998. There are no records ever showing him registered as Democrat.

And the only 2 Dems he ever contributed small amounts ($3,000 total) to were Gray Davis & Bill Bradley many, many years ago.

Follow the money, you're also omitting Donald Sterling Foundation donations and other entities.  This was discussed in the other thread.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
Come on fellas.  It doesn't matter if it's painted red or painted blue -- at the end of the day, it's still just a painted piece of sh!t.

Paul Begala seems to disagree..."check your donor list"...lol, indeed Mr. Begala, check YOUR donor list. 

http://tucsone.tucsonthomasproducts.com/check-your-donor-lists-paul-begala-advises-conservatives-not-to-defend-donald-sterling-instapundit-leads-schooling/

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2014, 09:54:00 AM »
Kareem .. some good points here.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kareem-blame-sterling-girlfriend

Kareem is an extremely intelligent man. Well versed on many subjects.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2014, 10:00:15 AM »
Comments from Cuban:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10854381/mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks-rails-donald-sterling-not-favor-kicking-owner

"In no uncertain terms am I supporting what Donald Sterling said, or his position," Cuban said. "He's obviously racist, he's obviously bigoted. And in this day and age when you're in the public eye, you've got to be damn careful -- if that's your position, and that's unfortunately where you're at, you better be damn careful what you say, even in the privacy of your own home.

"But regardless of your background, regardless of the history they have, if we're taking something somebody said in their home and we're trying to turn it into something that leads to you being forced to divest property in any way, shape or form, that's not the United States of America. I don't want to be part of that."

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2014, 10:01:23 AM »
There are two reasons I would love to see the Clippers win it all:

#1 for Doc
#2 for the commissioner's trophy presentation to... ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
Not to be outdone from the other side, this from today.   http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/all-american-basketball-league-call-all-white-american-born-teams-sparks-backlash-report-article-1.461284

He just uses different code words than have been used here. His league would appeal to those who prefer "fundamental" (traditional) to the "street ball" (athletic) version of basketball. Not coincidentally, his fundamental (traditional) players would necessarily be Caucasian and American born. The Great Traditional has a nice (though racist) ring to it.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2014, 10:39:50 AM »
It bothers me to see Doc vilified in other places (ESPN.com in the comments sections where they've covered this story). He has his reasons why he took the Clippers job, but Sterling is the villain here, not the people that work for him that are now caught up in this ugly situation. I respect the hell out of Doc and always have and it would be wrong to his reputation tarnished in any way because of Sterling's comments. If the team can somehow overcome this massive distraction and win the title, I would respect Doc that much more.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
So Doc is going to quit at the end of the season and become our 3rd assistant, right?
Bring back FFP!!!

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2014, 10:44:53 AM »
Paul Begala seems to disagree...

Begala's a blowhard who gets paid to do just that.  I couldn't care less.

Kareem makes some good points.  Not only do the lady-friend's motives seem highly suspect, but what about the culpability of TMZ in all this?  Surely they broke this story out of moral obligation to the American public.

To reiterate: Sterling's a dirtbag.  But this story may have created more problems than it tried to solve.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
I think you may have a point. I see lots of older people that say really stupid, racist sounding comments. Yet they treat minorities in one-on-one situations just like they treat anyone else. I think for a lot of seniors, it's just what they were taught as kids is still somewhere in their heads. I don't really know if Sterling is this sort of person.

This is spot on, brandx. It's rather easy to construct false narratives about unfamiliar groups/cultures. The fear, suspicion, etc. that such false (or merely anecdotal) narratives create breeds bigotry. Some in my parent's generation (I'm 65) would say "Joe (the only black guy they knew) is a great guy - not like the rest of em". Most (though sadly not all) of those in my generation have had enough interaction with African Americans (and other unfamiliar races/cultures) to be less ignorant and fearful than our parents. Our children (thankfully) are much more likely to ostracize the bigot rather than the minority individual. I hope that for my grandchildren that distinction by race will be superfluous. The progress between people of good will is never fast enough for the victims of prejudice but the history of USA is that, so far at least, it is inexorable. That's something we should all celebrate.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »
Begala's a blowhard who gets paid to do just that.  I couldn't care less.

Kareem makes some good points.  Not only do the lady-friend's motives seem highly suspect, but what about the culpability of TMZ in all this?  Surely they broke this story out of moral obligation to the American public.

To reiterate: Sterling's a dirtbag.  But this story may have created more problems than it tried to solve.
Actually the story created more opportunities for the politicians--which was the motive in the first place.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2014, 11:19:38 AM »
Actually the story created more opportunities for the politicians--which was the motive in the first place.

A side effect, sure.  But this was about generating mouse clicks, and subsequently, revenue.  Sickening that everything in this story comes back to the money.

leever

• All American
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2014, 11:47:49 AM »
Not to be outdone from the other side, this from today.   http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/all-american-basketball-league-call-all-white-american-born-teams-sparks-backlash-report-article-1.461284

Is there a reason why you posted an article from 2010 labeled as "from today"?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
Silver laying down the law.  Banned for life.  Maximum fine.  Doing everything in his power to ensure a forced sale of the team happens.  Good for him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
Kareem .. some good points here.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kareem-blame-sterling-girlfriend

Lots of interesting stuff here. Kareem obviously is a smart guy ... though I do wonder how much he loves sharing a viewpoint with Rush.

Still, blaming "da broad" for your own shortcomings as a man and a human being, that's an old trick. I'm thrilled Sterling's hate was made public, and I'm not the least bit bothered about the method.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brandx

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »
Yeah, I'm tempted to think more of this kind of stuff comes out when you have a wife AND a girlfriend.

Especially when the guy is giving the girl lots of money that the wife thinks should be hers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:17 PM »
Does the girlfriend hold her nose and close her eyes?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

feedback