[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Diamond Stone AAU affliation  (Read 7472 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Diamond Stone AAU affliation
« on: April 27, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
How come Diamond Stone does not play for Playground Elite,since Duane Wilson Dad is involved with this team?

AirPunches

• All American
Re: Diamond Stone AAU affliation
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 11:01:56 AM »
Hasn't he always played for young legends ? Maybe just loyal to them.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:51:57 PM »
Diamond's dad has been on record, I believe, saying that he didn't want Diamond always in Duane's shadow, so that could have been a factor in making the initial decision.  Right now that concern seems a little far fetched.

Hopefully, Freeport Warrior will chime in, since he's seemed to have the best info on Diamond, his dad, and AAU in the past.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 05:53:58 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
I'm not positive, but I believe Young Legends was started for Diamond's class in 7th or 8th grade. His dad was either assistant or head coach, but he calls the shots. Again, I'm not positive, but I believe Young Legends consists of the 17U team and they only have one other team, 14U. My recollection is that one of the shooters from Diamond's team who has been with him from the beginning (Brookfield East's Christian Simon) has a little brother on the 14U team and the dad got them an Under Armour contract as well. The 14Us are an average team. So in essence, Diamond is Young Legends. I know Diamond's dad was approached many times for Diamond to play up and team with Ray Allen Select's trio of D1 guards, but they never made the switch.

I saw Ike (Duane's dad) working out his 15U team a few weeks ago and we talked a bit after their practice. He and Duane seem very excited about the turn of events. I asked him about the likelihood of Stone or Henry Ellingson. He smiled and said, "You know Henry plays for me now," he paused and said "Take care, man" and left the gym. I forgot Ellingson played for Playground Elite. So many background stories and angles going on it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

For ones to watch in the future, this morning I watched Noble Days from Racine - he plays for Caron Butler's AAU team, Butler Elite. Kid is a 7th grader playing up -- 6' 6" at least -- swatted everything in site. Unbelievable defender and rebounder.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:41:11 PM by Freeport Warrior »

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 06:46:03 PM »
I'm not positive, but I believe Young Legends was started for Diamond's class in 7th or 8th grade. His dad was either assistant or head coach, but he calls the shots. Again, I'm not positive, but I believe Young Legends consists of the 17U team and they only have one other team, 14U. My recollection is that one of the shooters from Diamond's team who has been with him from the beginning (Brookfield East's Christian Simon) has a little brother on the 14U team and the dad got them an Under Armour contract as well. The 14Us are an average team. So in essence, Diamond is Young Legends. I know Diamond's dad was approached many times for Diamond to play up and team with Ray Allen Select's trio of D1 guards, but they never made the switch.

I saw Ike (Duane's dad) working out his 15U team a few weeks ago and we talked a bit after their practice. He and Duane seem very excited about the turn of events. I asked him about the likelihood of Stone or Henry Ellingsen. He smiled and said, "You know Henry plays for me now," he paused and said "Take care, man" and left the gym. I forgot Ellingsen played for Playground Elite. So many background stories and angles going on it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

For ones to watch in the future, this morning I watched Noble Days from Racine - he plays for Caron Butler's AAU team, Butler Elite. Kid is a 7th grader playing up -- 6' 6" at least -- swatted everything in site. Unbelievable defender and rebounder.

Henry Ellingsen= Henry Ellenson?

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
Henry Ellingsen= Henry Ellenson?
Yes. My business partner spells his name with the "e" and I was too lazy to double-check.

NotBuzzWilliams

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 07:42:44 PM »
Clearly he hates Duane.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 07:51:49 PM »
Yes. My business partner spells his name with the "e" and I was too lazy to double-check.

MU had absolutely no shot with Ellenson when Buzz was here.  If we have any shot at him now that is a huge turn around by Wojo.  I hope it's true.  Fischer joined in the front court by Stone, Heldt and/or Ellenson?  Lots of Wisconsin big men playing for Marquette?  Would the world turn upside down?  That would be SO awesome.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 07:52:39 PM »
Awesome, Chris
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 02:16:58 AM »
MUers, the fact that Brent could not recruit a big guy during his tenure - Otule was it for six years! - other than DG, I guess, will probably change with Wojo.

Luckily for us (and the program), he helped coach and develop Duke's bigs!
SS Marquette

Rockmic87

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
Diamond can play on virtually any team he wants (maybe except the Oakland Solders). I know he has been recruited to play on a lot of nationally renown programs outside the state. I'm surprised he is not playing in the Nike EYBL.