Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 8th Grader, Jordan "The New White Chocolate" McCabe, Best WI HS Player Ever?  (Read 25677 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
They already named a dorm after him.

#DoneDeal

NersEllenson

• All American
Prepare yourself for the next 4 years to be shocked.

Which makes me even more confident my statement will be a reality if you disagree given your takes on last season and why the team struggled.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUSF

• All American
Which makes me even more confident my statement will be a reality if you disagree given your takes on last season and why the team struggled.

I don't know Ners. You've been right about a few things, but the last definitive prediction I remember you making was that ASU would be a top 15 team this year.

wadesworld

• All American

I would put money on this kid not being a top 100 recruit by his junior year.

A 5'9" white kid who is quicker than everyone in 8th grade. Going to go ahead and say he won't be quicker than many quality guards by his junior year of high school.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Umm I hate to upset you guys but....this kid isn't that good

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
Umm I hate to upset you guys but....this kid isn't that good

That's just an idiotic thing to say. Clearly he's pretty good for his age...he might never become a good college player, but he's obviously good enough at his age. He makes passes that our starting pg could only dream of making.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
That's just an idiotic thing to say. Clearly he's pretty good for his age...he might never become a good college player, but he's obviously good enough at his age. He makes passes that our starting pg could only dream of making.

I will provide you with a link of a couple 8th graders which this kid couldn't even be on the same floor with!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"

He's playing against 8th graders, if I'm not mistaken - he's making plays against kids.  These kids are in puberty for crying out loud.  From what I've seen, this kid has physically matured faster than his peers.  

I can remember in 7th grade, the 8th graders above us were regarded as a very talented team.  They had a set of twins that were both 6'1" and 200 lbs each.  Both were very physical down low, with their huge frames - dominating the low post.  To make a long story short - the high school team they played on, won 1 game.  They stopped growing and the rest of the field caught up and surpassed them.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
I will provide you with a link of a couple 8th graders which this kid couldn't even be on the same floor with!

Lol, ok. What recruiting service do you work for? Clearly someone with your eye for talent should be getting paid for his skills. I mean it takes a special individual to be able to say that an 8th grader isn't very good at basketball.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=If7Hrcf04Dw

Seventh Woods would destroy this kid

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Lol, ok. What recruiting service do you work for? Clearly someone with your eye for talent should be getting paid for his skills. I mean it takes a special individual to be able to say that an 8th grader isn't very good at basketball.

See Seventh Woods

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
He's playing against 8th graders, if I'm not mistaken - he's making plays against kids.  These kids are in puberty for crying out loud.  From what I've seen, this kid has physically matured faster than his peers.  

I can remember in 7th grade, the 8th graders above us were regarded as a very talented team.  They had a set of twins that were both 6'1" and 200 lbs each.  Both were very physical down low, with their huge frames - dominating the low post.  To make a long story short - the high school team they played on, won 1 game.  They stopped growing and the rest of the field caught up and surpassed them.

Umm that's what kids do...they play against other kids. He might never amount to anything, but to say he isn't any good is ignorant.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Umm that's what kids do...they play against other kids. He might never amount to anything, but to say he isn't any good is ignorant.

I call it like I see it. The kid isnt that good. lve seen plenty 8th graders in PERSON that is better than this kid

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=If7Hrcf04Dw

Seventh Woods would destroy this kid

Seventh Woods will be able to pick whatever school he wants to go to. Good job, since he's not better than him, your argument about him not being any good is legit smh  ::)

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Seventh Woods will be able to pick whatever school he wants to go to. Good job, since he's not better than him, your argument about him not being any good legit smh  ::)

How many offers does this white chocolate kid have?? ZERO

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American

He's a good 8th grader and will play high school ball.  Happy now?  We're not ranking 8th graders against 8th graders here.  We're projecting how well they will do @ an upper tier, Division I school.  There's a reason why most 8th graders aren't offered scholarships.  

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
How many offers does this white chocolate kid have?? ZERO

Omg, the kid is in 8th grade...how many 8th graders get offers?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
He's a good 8th grader and will play high school ball.  Happy now?  We're not ranking 8th graders against 8th graders here.  We're projecting how well they will do @ an upper tier, Division I school.  There's a reason why most 8th graders aren't offered scholarships.  

Yes I am, thank you. My issue with your statement was "he's making plays against kids." He is a kid, so that's how he should judged. 

WadeATKBurton

• All American
Yes I am, thank you. My issue with your statement was "he's making plays against kids." He is a kid, so that's how he should judged. 
This kid is SMALL and SLOW. I wanna see him against better competition.  He DOESNT stand out. Better competition would take his lunch and eat it too!

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American

He's physically more developed.  He essentially is a man among boys at this stage of the game.  You can't issue a blanket statement saying a kid is a kid at this stage of the game.  He has an advantage and is utilizing it.  

starting5

• Scholarship Player
This kid is SMALL and SLOW. I wanna see him against better competition.  He DOESNT stand out. Better competition would take his lunch and eat it too!

Have you seen him play?  He more than holds his own at the NY2LA events I have been at.  As I have said before he is physically mature so who knows how he is going to turn out, but to say he does not stand out is just wrong

wadesworld

• All American
Have you seen him play?  He more than holds his own at the NY2LA events I have been at.  As I have said before he is physically mature so who knows how he is going to turn out, but to say he does not stand out is just wrong

Agreed.  The kid is very good right now, for an 8th grader.

He won't be very good by the middle of his high school career, at least in AAU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
So we have one person saying he's small and slow and another one saying he's a man amongst boys and has an unfair advantage lol. You don't have any clue as to what you are talking about. In the videos, it looks like he is bigger than some and smaller than some as well.

WadeATKBurton

• All American
So we have one person saying he's small and slow and another one saying he's a man amongst boys and has an unfair advantage lol. You don't have any clue as to what you are talking about. In the videos, it looks like he is bigger than some and smaller than some as well.

He better enjoy his 15 minutes of muscoop fame because once he get in high school hes gonna get gobbled up and spit out. OK  he does no look passes. Great! Any kid could do that! I dont see no athletism at all.

DO I REALLY NEED TO SHOW YALL SOME 8th GRADERS WHO ARE THE REAL DEAL??

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Ah the collective recruiting wisdom of Scoop. Worth less than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback