Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Memories Vol. I - Favorite role players  (Read 15489 times)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: Marquette Memories Vol. I - Favorite role players
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 10:12:09 PM »
 ?-(
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:04:39 PM by The Hutch »
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:40 PM »
He was terrible, knew the first time I saw him play we made a mistake. He had no game whatsoever.

Worse than Berkowitz?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2014, 10:16:56 PM »
That guy made passes that are still head shaking to this day. If he and O Lee would have played straight imagine how good MU could have been.

They were gay? Way ahead of their time!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
They were gay? Way ahead of their time!

Keep shooting that Rainbow J !!!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »
4ever

23 was quite a nice role player.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:30 AM »
Joe Chapman. I recall the vomit game was against SLU.

If there was ever any doubt about Crean his leaving Chapman behind in Milwaukee while he pranced around NYC with three freshmen resolved any possible lingering question. Chapman should have gone, not because he was a senior, but because he was a warrior. The Bronzed Beast's inability to comprehend such a simple yet profound precept of leadership is chilling.
That was unforgivable and completely shameful. He also blasted Chapman in the Journal before the season, IMO as a way of justifying not starting him.

"Thanks for 4 years of effort, Joe! Now here's a massive dump I'd like you to eat!"

Did Joe get a pair of IU shorts in the mail? Or was it only the guy who can do something for the prick?

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2014, 08:29:07 AM »
This one is easy; Its Joe Chapman!!

Guy was always great at drawing a charge,  good defender, could hit the three.  Without Chapman against Mizzou and HC their is no final 4 run!!

Going to give my 2nd vote to Ousmane Barro who used the "Alley" like no other player.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
Scroll to the right of this link (paper) and check out the NBA notes....'rookie Michael Jordan scored 33 points in the 3rd quarter' as Bulls beat Knicks.   Yowser.

How bout those Ashland Oredockers taking down Grafton with nobody over 200lbs!!

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2014, 09:34:25 AM »
Was Wolf the big recruit we lost at the end of the article?
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

DoggyDaddy

• Team Captain
  • We're Warriors son, not Beagles.
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
For us oldsters Hugh "The Enforcer" McMahon. He was one of Al's favorite's. He was generally a 6th man but his role was to hard foul the opponent's best player. He may have been on the 1970 NIT Championship team with the Dream. A reprise of this role went to Bill Neary who actually started for the 1977 NCAA Champs. He'd sometimes get into fights resulting in being thrown out along with the opponent's best player, a distinct advantage for MU since Neary rarely took a shot. I actually think Al was this kind of player at St. Johns and with the Knicks.   
These two must be MU leaders in "the most games fouled out of" category.     

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Ousmane was great!  Had many of my frosh/soph classes with him.  Nice kid.  One of those "never played basketball before he was 17" players.  It was cool watching him (and the team) grow from his frosh year (04-05) CUSA team that was not the greatest to the his senior team in the BigEast, ranked nationally and on the verge of a perenial tournament team.

leever

• All American
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »
For us oldsters Hugh "The Enforcer" McMahon. He was one of Al's favorite's. He was generally a 6th man but his role was to hard foul the opponent's best player. He may have been on the 1970 NIT Championship team with the Dream. A reprise of this role went to Bill Neary who actually started for the 1977 NCAA Champs. He'd sometimes get into fights resulting in being thrown out along with the opponent's best player, a distinct advantage for MU since Neary rarely took a shot. I actually think Al was this kind of player at St. Johns and with the Knicks.   
These two must be MU leaders in "the most games fouled out of" category.     

Yes he was on the 1970 NIT championship team.  I can recall lots of McMahon's fouls, but I do not recall him ever scoring a basket.  He must have - averaged around 10 points for the freshman team (when thee was such a thing).

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:37 PM »
Joe Chapman would like everyone to know he appreciates the love shown on this thread and that he's still ballin' professionally in Japan.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

feedback