Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Encouraging News About Ahmed Hill  (Read 35545 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: Encouraging News About Ahmed Hill
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »
Let's not make excuses like that. If he determines he needs to see this kid in person then a busy airport at Augusta should not be holding him back. Fly into Savannah and drive the rest of the way. Take a bus to Louisville and hitch hike from there if you have to. If he seriously tells a prized recruit that he won't be coming in because the airport is just too busy, then I would have serious concerns about him being our coach going forward. I know this is his first week, but in my opinion Hill needs to be very high on his priority list.
Yup. The guy is quoted that El Buzzo was a huge reason he signed. After current players being shored up, he should have been visited. Cohen got a visit.
Did Buzz take the private jet with him, or is Strong/MU tightening that huge budget already? The guy is about a top 30 recruit, and MU's #1.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 06:55:47 AM »
Encouraging because he's keeping an open mind.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/04/will-georgia-basketball-star-stick-with-original-decision/

One of the main reasons that the 6-foot-5, 190-pound Hill signed last November with Marquette over 20 other schools, including UGA, Georgia Tech and Missouri, was the presence of coach Buzz Williams, who recently left for a similar job at Virginia Tech.

I loved the bolded part: a SIMILAR job. Not quite the same. Well, a notable step down, in quality of program, in pay. But it is in the ACC. It is similar, right?

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 07:12:30 AM »
The fact that all 9 current player's are at least thinking about staying and all 4 signed recruits are at least thinking about staying as well as NN.  I'm not sure how much I can blame WOJO for not meeting with Hill yet. 
Maybe Hill told him What day would be best to sit down with his family?  If you would have told me 2 1/2 week after Buzz left that the above is the case I would have said I would be very happy with how the New coach had done.  But then again why be happy at the 95% WOJO has seemed to do very well when people can focus on the 5% that you think he has not.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »
Hill is basically saying a face-to-face is not necessary.  You still have to call him up to arrange a face-to-face meeting, at that point Hill is likely deciding yes or no.

Beyond that you can still try to schedule a face-to-face to get to know each other better, but the decision will likely have already been made.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 07:46:34 AM »
In other news.......

The first survivor of Malaysia Airlines flight 370 is found by keefe in the Indian Ocean.

You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
Followed closely by those saying, "Hill should be his top priority." You guys have no idea if Wojo even wants Hill. Safe to assume he would, but what if he doesn't?

Hill should be a huge priority for Wojo.  Period.  And to even float the notion that Wojo wouldn't want a high 4-star prospect, who is a great kid, is simply ludicrous.  If Hill doesn't come to MU....it's a big loss.  Yes, Wojo has a lot on his plate - but I think you make it the top priority after meeting with the existing team, to get on the private jet and go so see the highest signed recruit we have for 2014. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
Hill should be a huge priority for Wojo.  Period.  And to even float the notion that Wojo wouldn't want a high 4-star prospect, who is a great kid, is simply ludicrous.  If Hill doesn't come to MU....it's a big loss.  Yes, Wojo has a lot on his plate - but I think you make it the top priority after meeting with the existing team, to get on the private jet and go so see the highest signed recruit we have for 2014. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first email writing campaign topic of the Wojo era!  Let's get at it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
Do people here honestly believe Wojo doesn't understand that getting Hill to come is a priority? 

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 08:43:24 AM »
Do people here honestly believe Wojo doesn't understand that getting Hill to come is a priority? 

You'd be surprised about a lot of things on this board.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 08:47:01 AM »

You'd think it would be a priority....instead of someone floating the notion that perhaps Wojo doesn't want Hill.  People wouldn't question if Hill's been made a priority if Wojo had already gone to see or talk with Hill at minimum.  Fact it took over a week gives the impression that it wasn't put at near the top of the priority list.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »
Well, the Wojo honeymoon lasted about a week. Not bad.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:17 AM »
You'd think it would be a priority....instead of someone floating the notion that perhaps Wojo doesn't want Hill.  People wouldn't question if Hill's been made a priority if Wojo had already gone to see or talk with Hill at minimum.  Fact it took over a week gives the impression that it wasn't put at near the top of the priority list.

Hill said in the article that he's talked to Wojo just not at length. As I mentioned, maybe Hill couldn't see Wojo until the weekend. Why is everyone assuming it's the other way around? Oh wait, it's Scoop, that's why.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »
Hill said in the article that he's talked to Wojo just not at length. As I mentioned, maybe Hill couldn't see Wojo until the weekend. Why is everyone assuming it's the other way around? Oh wait, it's Scoop, that's why.

+1

Whenever something happens, figure out how it paints MU in the worst possible light, that is what scoop assumes.

(if no scenario paints MU in a bad light, then start stretching credibility until you find such a scenario)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
All I'll say is that I don't know how someone can look at this quote -- "I will probably stay with Marquette unless I hear something I don’t like" -- and not be quite encouraged.

Till we hear otherwise, why get worked up about this even one iota?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first email writing campaign topic of the Wojo era!  Let's get at it.

I suggested earlier when this Broeker guy dared challenge our authority and expertise on how to run the Marquette basketball program that we be given his email address. But the Scoop Moderators refused. And while we smelled fear we meekly submitted to their power, however illegitimate those prerogatives might be.

And now we receive word that this new coach is blatantly ignoring our wisdom on recruiting! That Scoop has spoken and this Wojo refuses to listen?  Well I say enough!

There is a little-known codicil in the Scoop constitution which gives the men of Scoop unlimited power to preserve order in time of emergency. The time has come for someone to put their foot down. And that foot is us! I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And the men of Scoop just the guys to do it!

Now let's have those email addresses!

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »

I don't think we do that at MU. I know the SEC takes care of recruits in that way on recruiting visits but it's not de rigueur in the Big East as far as I am aware.

Death on call

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 09:20:43 AM »

And now we receive word that this new coach is blatantly ignoring our wisdom on recruiting! That Scoop has spoken and this Wojo refuses to listen?  Well I say enough!

The first prong of the attack will be comprised of our "Kevin Ollie leaving UCONN Special Forces".  They will start the propaganda war, by saying Wojo alienated Buzz's original recruiting class and thus, is on the hot seat.  Ollie's name will be the clear favorite to replace Wojo.  Of course, Ollie is tired of Calhoun "pulling the strings" and wants to get out from underneath Calhoun's shadow.  

Keefe - He will commandeer the 2nd phase of this operation.  

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »

If he has time to drive to Seymour to see Cohen, he should be able to make time to have a lengthy conversation with our most important recruit. I'm going to give Wojo the benefit of the doubt, but it is rather perplexing to me. Only my opinion and I could be way off base.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 09:30:20 AM »
If he has time to drive to Seymour to see Cohen, he should be able to make time to have a lengthy conversation with our most important recruit. I'm going to give Wojo the benefit of the doubt, but it is rather perplexing to me.

I'm certain Wojo is relieved by this important development!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 09:31:13 AM »
I suggested earlier when this Broeker guy dared challenge our authority and expertise on how to run the Marquette basketball program that we be given his email address. But the Scoop Moderators refused. And while we smelled fear we meekly submitted to their power, however illegitimate those prerogatives might be.

There is a little-known codicil in the Scoop constitution which gives the men of Scoop unlimited power to preserve order in time of emergency. The time has come for someone to put their foot down. And that foot is us! I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And the men of Scoop just the guys to do it!

Now let's have those email addresses!

To quote JJJ, I'm all in!

But I'm thinking warriorchick might not like the spirit of this.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 09:39:07 AM »
If he has time to drive to Seymour to see Cohen, he should be able to make time to have a lengthy conversation with our most important recruit. I'm going to give Wojo the benefit of the doubt, but it is rather perplexing to me. Only my opinion and I could be way off base.

Do you live in Wisconsin or Georgia?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 09:50:27 AM »
You'd think it would be a priority....instead of someone floating the notion that perhaps Wojo doesn't want Hill.  People wouldn't question if Hill's been made a priority if Wojo had already gone to see or talk with Hill at minimum.  Fact it took over a week gives the impression that it wasn't put at near the top of the priority list.

One single recruit isn't the priority. Getting to know the 10 guys who are on campus, getting to know the administration, building a staff, creating some offseason structure, moving his family, etc., all matter more.
As solid a player as Hill may be, one guy isn't that important in the grand scheme of things for a coach who's building a program for the next 5+ years (hopefully).

And regardless, Ahmed doesn't seem too wounded by the fact Wojo didn't jump on a plane last week to meet him.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:00:43 AM by Pakuni »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »

You just making crap up to unsettle nerves in the mass idiot quotient or willfully lying?

Wojo was hired April 1. First day on the job was April 2. This article was published April 4. Wojo likely talked to Hill on April 5 (and at the latest on April 6). Today is April 7 which, as the smart man you are, you know is less then a week since Wojo was hired.

If you want to run around with your hair on fire for not one ounce of logical reasoning then drive to Chicago and meet up with Malek Harris. But doing it in this case? unnatural carnal knowledgeing silly.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
1. Keep in mind this article was written last Friday

2. Keep in mind the article says that he will talk with Hill over the weekend

3. Keep in mind Wojo was hired last Monday and started work on Tuesday.

4. Keep in mind how stressful moving a family from North Carolina to Wisconsin must be

5. Keep in mind the sky is NOT falling

6. Respect the process
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
1. Keep in mind this article was written last Friday

2. Keep in mind the article says that he will talk with Hill over the weekend

3. Keep in mind Wojo was hired last Monday and started work on Tuesday.

4. Keep in mind how stressful moving a family from North Carolina to Wisconsin must be

5. Keep in mind the sky is NOT falling

6. Respect the process

The only way to keep the natives in line is to invoke martial law.  Take down all Hill posts until a legitimate news source brings quality information on the "situation".  Otherwise, we risk losing the lower provinces. 

feedback