2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Recruit Situation  (Read 34951 times)

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
Re: Recruit Situation
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2014, 08:32:24 AM »
Beer that is Beer - Love the slogan!  Who made Walter's?

German immigrants named Walter started the Walter Brewing Company in Eau Claire & Pueblo, CO

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2014, 08:48:02 AM »
Beer that is Beer - Love the slogan!  Who made Walter's?

The Walter family did back then. The Walters sent their sons to Marquette for several generations where they learned about life, love, and the loss of innocence before returning to Eau Claire to assume their rightful role in the running of Empire.

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2014, 08:50:59 AM »
I remember when Leinies was a bargain beer. Amazing repositioning of a brand.

We had the scion of the Walters Beer Empire living on Schroeder 10N. There was never any need to make that 0100 trudge to Marquette Liquor with that sort of connection living just a few doors down. Come to think of it, we also had the scion of the La Rosa Pasta Empire living on our floor. Is it any wonder why Schroeder 10N was known as the "Park Avenue" of Marquette Residence Life?

When did you go to MU? I was buds with a Walter's kid on my floor -- (McCormick 4) freshman year (78-79). Always brought back a few cases when he returned to school after Thanksgiving, Xmas, spring breaks. I can't remember what it tasted like ... as if I cared. I was 18 and drank anything that said "beer" on it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:45 AM »

Sorry took a break
I have an actual life
Not that you would know

Goodnight M U scoop
Deane bores me with his daily
forty seven posts......... ::)

Those who must say that
They have an actual life are
living insecure lives

Fatal Attraction
With me is what you have sir
Obsessed with each post

47 posts
You hang on each one as if
life or death meaning

State Street Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2014, 09:38:21 AM »
Walter's was shut down a while ago (fire destroyed the brewery, I believe I read) but the recipe was sold to Northwoods brewpub based out of Eau Claire.  You can actually find 6 packs of it at liquor stores in northwest Wisconsin.  I sometimes pick one up when I'm up there to bring it to relatives in Milwaukee that remember it fondly.  If the hipsters find out about it I expect it will double in price.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:41:04 AM by State Street Warrior »

humanlung

• Team Captain
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2014, 09:44:19 AM »
There has been A LOT of value-added info on recruits the last few pages...

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2014, 10:00:08 AM »
There has been A LOT of value-added info on recruits the last few pages...

LOL !!! 

If someone has a high school video of a game of any recruit that's not Sandy Cohen, I'll be happy to watch and analyze.  Otherwise, with the limited amount of information, it's hard to speculate. 

WadeATKBurton

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
LOL !!!  

If someone has a high school video of a game of any recruit that's not Sandy Cohen, I'll be happy to watch and analyze.  Otherwise, with the limited amount of information, it's hard to speculate.  

Right. I havnt even seen a video of Satchel or Shayok. Dont even know if they are any good or not!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 10:09:47 AM by atk13thst »

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
Right. I havnt even seen a video of Satchel or Shayok. Dont even know if they are any good or not!
you just have to look....

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=40570.msg531339#msg531339
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
Year 2005-2007....we would venture to the harp and shamrock around 6-630ish after getting a quick drunken bite from mcdonalds to pursue lots of bad decisions/bloody Mary's/shots/beers on many weekend mornings.

Wish I could've experienced the lanche and the other bars that many posters reminisce about. Hegartys was also frequented every wed for double your dough nights. Again, lots of bad decisions stemmed from that place.

I could see the Hamrock from my back balcony. It was my favorite haunt junior and senior year due to proximity and lack of underagers. Severely underrated and severely leaning to one side. It only had, what, MGD and Lite on tap?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »

I could see the Hamrock from my back balcony. It was my favorite haunt junior and senior year due to proximity and lack of underagers. Severely underrated and severely leaning to one side. It only had, what, MGD and Lite on tap?

Harp & Shamrock was our hangout junior and senior years, too. We'd put a fiver on the bar when we got there and it would still be sitting there hours later when we left. I guess Dan the barkeep just liked our company! Schlitz on tap back then, I believe.

The owner, a raging, admitted racist named Bernie who trained his dog to go nuts if a black person happened into the bar, made me sick. Fortunately, he usually wasn't there. And when he was, he usually was too drunk to say anything or to get off his fat ass. I liked Harp a lot better when he wasn't there.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »
Harp & Shamrock was our hangout junior and senior years, too. We'd put a fiver on the bar when we got there and it would still be sitting there hours later when we left. I guess Dan the barkeep just liked our company! Schlitz on tap back then, I believe.

The owner, a raging, admitted racist named Bernie who trained his dog to go nuts if a black person happened into the bar, made me sick. Fortunately, he usually wasn't there. And when he was, he usually was too drunk to say anything or to get off his fat ass. I liked Harp a lot better when he wasn't there.

Never met Bernie or any dog. There were two or three heavily tattooed bar keeps, one or more of whom always there (used to be pretty friendly with them but their names escape me now). They were the only employees I ever saw at the bar.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
When did you go to MU? I was buds with a Walter's kid on my floor -- (McCormick 4) freshman year (78-79). Always brought back a few cases when he returned to school after Thanksgiving, Xmas, spring breaks. I can't remember what it tasted like ... as if I cared. I was 18 and drank anything that said "beer" on it.

Same year there was a Walter living on my floor in Schroeder. I know the Walters all went to MU so it might have been a sib or cuz. Good guy and always had a stash of brew that was there for the taking. Like you I wasn't that particular back then and the price was right. Heading down the hall to his room was usually a better proposition than heading out into Ice Station Zebra to get a 6 of PBR.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »
The owner, a raging, admitted racist named Bernie who trained his dog to go nuts if a black person happened into the bar

Was Pakuni there to compare what happened if an Asian dude wandered in?

Death on call