Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Steve Taylor Jr. Is staying!  (Read 17579 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • βœ… Verified Member
Re: Steve Taylor Jr. Is staying!
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »
why don't you enlighten us?

You don't drop dimes on your own program, especially when the poor kid is still going to school here.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:36 PM »
You don't drop dimes on your own program, especially when the poor kid is still going to school here.
Think what you want. Buzz squeezed him.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 06:19:46 PM »
Think what you want. Buzz squeezed him.
define squeeze.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 06:25:10 PM »
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:28:54 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 08:22:27 PM »
Fresh off his personal Instagram page......

He confirmed he is staying at Marquette, glad hes sticking with the program.
It Would have sucked to lose him.

Mark him in for 14 and 10

BigRed

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:54 PM »
Does anyone else think that Steve Taylor could be 2015's Frank Kaminisky? Presumably, he is going to be put offensive that will leverage his skill set, and with Wojo's work with big men over the years at Duke, 2015 looks to be setting up to be a nice year for Steve. He might not be able to take Marquette to a Final Four, but he could position himself as one of the marquee big guys in the Big East headed into his senior season.

Texas Western

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »
Does anyone else think that Steve Taylor could be 2015's Frank Kaminisky? Presumably, he is going to be put offensive that will leverage his skill set, and with Wojo's work with big men over the years at Duke, 2015 looks to be setting up to be a nice year for Steve. He might not be able to take Marquette to a Final Four, but he could position himself as one of the marquee big guys in the Big East headed into his senior season.
The guy completely controls the offensive glass and has a nice mid range shot. With a supportive coach the sky is the limit.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 08:32:36 PM »
define squeeze.
[/quo

Ya mean as in sphincter like action?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 08:32:51 PM »
Awesome news!  Expect a big year from STJr next season.

GooooMarquette.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »
Why is willie calling Duane a liar?    

http://painttouches.com/2014/04/01/duane-wilson-confident-he-made-the-correct-decision-redshirting/
You are clueless. Never called him a liar. He can be confident he made the right decision given the circumstances that Buzz placed him in. Talk to somebody close to the program.

Why are you inferring that I called him a liar, when I never said that?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »
You are clueless. Never called him a liar. He can be confident he made the right decision given the circumstances that Buzz placed him in. Talk to somebody close to the program.

Why are you inferring that I called him a liar, when I never said that?

Buzz gave him a stress fracture? Buzz gave him the flu?

What great lengths Buzz went to in order to put Duane in a position where he should decide to redshirt!

That article is straight from the horse's mouth. Duane chose to redshirt. Buzz encouraged it but Duane chose it.

There are many squirmy things about Buzz's tenure, this is not one of them.

And before you say "talk to someone close to the program" I have. They don't back up your story.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2014, 09:50:41 PM »
Physically STJ and Deonte have the most prototypical NBA bodies. Glad Steve is staying. Strikes me as a really nice kid.
We Are Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2014, 01:01:03 AM »
Glad to see Taylor come back, something I doubt he would have done if Character Revealed was still at MU.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do without being screwed with.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2014, 01:15:13 AM »
It'll be good to see Steve playing for a coach not actively trying to sabotage his career.

Actually, the inside story on Bert and Taylor is numbing. It certainly undermines Bart's carefully crafted public image. Every recruit he goes after needs to read that. From what I've heard and read I thought he was extremely odd. The reality is far worse: he is dangerous.

As an Air Force officer you know that your primary mission is to take care of your men. That is the essence of leadership. Burt's got it completely turned around. And running a tax write off social program for disadvantaged kids doesn't absolve him.

Death on call

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2014, 01:28:33 AM »
Physically STJ and Deonte have the most prototypical NBA bodies. Glad Steve is staying. Strikes me as a really nice kid.

Love Steve because he is super open and will answer any question you ask him about the basketball program. I asked him straight up before Wojo was hired if he was coming back. He answered very honestly, and said I dont know, its not looking good. Didnt post it because I didnt want scoop to explode but good to see him in a MU uni next fall.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2014, 01:43:34 AM »
Didnt post it because I didnt want scoop to explode

You better get a clue Mister! That is precisely why Scoop was created! Now straighten up and fly right!

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »

What great lengths Buzz went to in order to put Duane in a position where he should decide to redshirt!

That article is straight from the horse's mouth. Duane chose to redshirt. Buzz encouraged it but Duane chose it.

And before you say "talk to someone close to the program" I have. They don't back up your story.

Oh, you and your facts. They get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!
β€œIt’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »

Guess you talked to the wrong guy. But then again, you are a Buzz apologist, so that goes with your territory.
BTW, when the Coach encourages it and you have been cleared to play, and then he sits you for a backup PG what would you do? I know, I know, you would keep slurping Buzz.

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2014, 06:45:47 AM »

As an Air Force officer you know that your primary mission is to take care of your men. That is the essence of leadership.

I thought an Air Force officer's primary mission was coffee and satellite TV?   ;)

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »
Love Steve because he is super open and will answer any question you ask him about the basketball program. I asked him straight up before Wojo was hired if he was coming back. He answered very honestly, and said I dont know, its not looking good. Didnt post it because I didnt want scoop to explode but good to see him in a MU uni next fall.

I'm told by both of my brothers who are students that it was pretty well known around campus that he was going to transfer to Illinois.

So glad that he's back and will be playing with something to prove.
Bring back FFP!!!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »
Oh, you and your facts. They get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!
Much more to the saga than you will hear on this board. Unless somebody spills it.

Yes, the kid had a stress fracture.
Yes the kid was cleared to play.
Yes Buzz encouraged a RS.
No, the kid initially did not want to RS.
Yes, Buzz did not play him--instead used a backup PG because of his love for Derrick
Yes, the kid looked at his options, given that el Buzzo, the height of disingenuosness, was not going to give the PT, chose a RS.
Yes, he was forced.

How is that for your conspiracy theory.

And BTW, if the kid had played for the remaining 20 games or so, maybe, just maybe, we would have won some of those games, instead of getting 35 minutes of Derrick.

So, yes, Buzz squeezed the kid. Typical Buzz. My way or the highway. Because Derrick be my boy.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »
I thought an Air Force officer's primary mission was coffee and satellite TV?   ;)
golf

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2014, 10:39:42 AM »

Plus if you ever posted the truth here about him, you were bludgeoned....it isn't worth it.  You made the right choice, the truth eventually comes out and ultimately did.  More is coming.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »

Keefe is Chicos.
Chicos is Keefe.
Einhorn's a man!

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »
Much more to the saga than you will hear on this board. Unless somebody spills it.

Yes, the kid had a stress fracture.
Yes the kid was cleared to play.
Yes Buzz encouraged a RS.
No, the kid initially did not want to RS.
Yes, Buzz did not play him--instead used a backup PG because of his love for Derrick
Yes, the kid looked at his options, given that el Buzzo, the height of disingenuosness, was not going to give the PT, chose a RS.
Yes, he was forced.

How is that for your conspiracy theory.

And BTW, if the kid had played for the remaining 20 games or so, maybe, just maybe, we would have won some of those games, instead of getting 35 minutes of Derrick.

So, yes, Buzz squeezed the kid. Typical Buzz. My way or the highway. Because Derrick be my boy.

feedback