Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Player And Recruit Reaction To Wojo Hiring Thread  (Read 45162 times)

rabid652

• Walk-On
Re: Player And Recruit Reaction To Wojo Hiring Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »
The guy busted his ass for the program, and frankly, we would have been in deeper trouble this year had he not come back. The lack of respect or appreciation by some for what these guys put into the program is pretty disappointing at times.

Fair enough.  We should put the past behind us and move on.  New coach, new year, new team.  I wish Jake the best.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »
The guy busted his ass for the program, and frankly, we would have been in deeper trouble this year had he not come back. The lack of respect or appreciation by some for what these guys put into the program is pretty disappointing at times.

99% of people bust their ass in college. I think we would have been better of playing JJJ. He was lucky Buzz is a moron, or he would have been a reserve like he should have been. He was a nice contributor this year but nothing more.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »
99% of people bust their ass in college. I think we would have been better of playing JJJ. He was lucky Buzz is a moron, or he would have been a reserve like he should have been. He was a nice contributor this year but nothing more.

He doesn't deserve to be mocked for what he did.

Rabid652, appreciate the mature response.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 02:39:06 PM »
He doesn't deserve to be mocked for what he did.

Rabid652, appreciate the mature response.

I didn't mock him...but who really cares what his opinion is on this hire? He won't b here anyway.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 02:45:49 PM »
Who care what Jake Thomas thinks?

I care.  Quality kid who played his balls off.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

Put me in the care camp as well.  He is likely very well connected to the team, knows the school, knows Buzz, etc.  I would always be curious to hear what he thinks.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
Yeah, bash on Jake for playing hard every time he was out there.    Classy.  
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Who care what Jake Thomas thinks?

People care more about what Jake Thomas thinks than what a random internet poster thinks.

brandx

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »

+10000

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »
MarquetteMBB @MarquetteMBB 2m

First thought that popped into Luke Fischer's head after hearing about @steve_wojo: "We got the right guy." #mubb #WeAreMarquette
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:57:55 PM by slack00 »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 02:56:55 PM »
MarquetteMBB @MarquetteMBB 2m

First thought that pupped into Luke Fischer's head after hearing about @steve_wojo: "We got the right guy." #mubb #WeAreMarquette

Phew. Add him to the list of those that are staying.

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »
Jake did more than play hard.  Guy hit some huge shots for us and was pretty much the only guy besides Mayo that would draw a defender to the perimeter.  In any case, bashing a graduate after he is gone who transferred here as a walk on is pretty classless.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:47 PM »
I didn't mock him...but who really cares what his opinion is on this hire? He won't b here anyway.

Nice attitude. You're done playing, so we're done with you. I suspect you are a student, and if so, I suppose I can somewhat understand that sentiment I guess. As an alum, I like to think of myself and others as members of a Marquette family, or at least a community of sorts. As an offshoot of that, I believe it only strengthens the basketball program when members of that fraternity remain invested in the program and feel a part of it. I would hope that they do care about the program, and that they will be supportive of the guys wearing the jersey after them, and the university, rather than just leave it behind because they won't be here anyway. That's weak.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »
JaJuan will talk to his mom and coach Wojo before making a decision. My gut says he stays.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 03:00:30 PM »
Jake did more than play hard.  Guy hit some huge shots for us and was pretty much the only guy besides Mayo that would draw a defender to the perimeter.  In any case, bashing a graduate after he is gone who transferred here as a walk on is pretty classless.

I can play hard for MU.
I may not do well for the team and help them win, but I still deserve criticism.
And Buzz does too, especially for not playing the talented frosh.
SS Marquette

BenCat12

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »
Yeah, bash on Jake for playing hard every time he was out there.    Classy.  
+1, You know you are wrong when Tower and I agree!

28thBrew

• Walk-On
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »
I can play hard for MU.
I may not do well for the team and help them win, but I still deserve criticism.
And Buzz does too, especially for not playing the talented frosh.

There's a difference between criticism and being demeaning. For an example of demeaning, see many of this boards comments on Derrick Wilson and Jake Thomas--particularly people like Buzz'sBS. It's totally uncalled for.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »
Per Darren Rovell, Dwyane Wade supports the hire:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 46s

Just spoke to @DwyaneWade on Marquette hiring Steve Wojciechowski. Fully supports it, says "it's a hire they can grow with."
We Are Marquette

LegalEagle15

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
If anyone deserves the criticism it's buzz for putting Jake out there. Not like Jake was just going to sit on the bench and be like "You know coach...you should just put the freshman in. I don't think my services are needed at this point in the game." When a coach puts you in the game you go out there and give it your all and that's what Jake did. Unfortunately he didn't produce at a high level but it wasn't his fault he was shoved into that position.

Regardless I hope these kids stay. A lot of them would fit well into a type of system that Wojo talked about, especially these younger guards. I would especially like to see Ahmed Hill stay. Any more word out of his camp?

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »

A kid with that much commitment ... i'd hire a kid like that in a hot second.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 03:13:55 PM »
Per Darren Rovell, Dwyane Wade supports the hire:

darren rovell ‏@darrenrovell 46s

Just spoke to @DwyaneWade on Marquette hiring Steve Wojciechowski. Fully supports it, says "it's a hire they can grow with."

I really don't understand why we care about Dwyane Wade's opinion on who we hire as a coach. What is he supposed to say? I think it was an awful decision? I care about our current players and recruits! Everyone else is just background noise.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 03:15:45 PM »
I really don't understand why we care about Dwyane Wade's opinion on who we hire as a coach. What is he supposed to say? I think it was an awful decision? I care about our current players and recruits! Everyone else is just background noise.

He trashed Gold immediately and they got that fixed in a hot second

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »

Yet, you think everybody should hear your opinion on who we hire as a coach.   Makes sense.

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
I care that Wade still cares. I want him to feel like a part of this program forever, and when he makes comments on our new hire, then that reinforces to me his vested interest in our program.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »

It doesn't hurt to get positivity and support from others that still have strong connections with MU.  Is it better if Wade said nothing at all?  Don't think you need to waste your energy acting as if the only opinion's that matter are those directly involved with the team right now.

feedback