[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamie Dixon?  (Read 25846 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: Jamie Dixon?
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 01:42:27 AM »
If Jamie Dixon becomes our next coach I will run down Wisconsin Ave. naked only wrapped in a Marquette Warrior flag

Holy crap i want Dixon to be our coach

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »
Are there no reprecusions for "journalists" making definitive statements that turn out to be false? I won't believe anything until MU officially introduces the new coach at this point, because I don't know who else to believe. So what is the point of being first when nobody believes it?

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 01:52:47 AM »
I get that the likes of Coach K, Izzo, Pitino are no chance in hell, but why dont we push hard after someone like Dixon, or at least someone somewhat close to his calibur.

Shaka isn't the only big time hire. Why don't we take the resources we were throwing at shaka and throw them at someone like Dixon?

You negative nancies and glass-half-empty posters can grill me about this if you want "wtf?!? He's in the ACC, Eldon, you moron." But i guarantee that if we slap him in the face with $3.2M, he picks up the phone. And he listens attentively.

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »
Holy crap i want Dixon to be our coach

Be careful what you wish for bro...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"

Death on call

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 02:11:01 AM »
So maybe he is unhappy with Pitt and and maybe thinking the ACC will be tough to compete with but feels he could dominate the conference he used to be a part of.  His humanitarian lifestyle is in sync with Marquettes mission and he could get paid more and he maybe knows Lovell well...hmmmmm...is there really something there?  Or am I fooling myself again?

TheBurrEffect

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 02:14:50 AM »
Confirmed.

Im the source.

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 02:27:02 AM »
So maybe he is unhappy with Pitt and and maybe thinking the ACC will be tough to compete with but feels he could dominate the conference he used to be a part of.  His humanitarian lifestyle is in sync with Marquettes mission and he could get paid more and he maybe knows Lovell well...hmmmmm...is there really something there?  Or am I fooling myself again?

I heard Bobby Knight will reverse his age 30 years and sign on to coach MU. Get excited

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 02:32:35 AM »
I'm hearing Cuonzo will come to MU for less money than he makes now..... 1.3 million/year. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2014, 02:38:27 AM »
I heard Bobby Knight will reverse his age 30 years and sign on to coach MU. Get excited

Just got off the phone with Knight, he said since you leaked it here he is backing out of the time machine and will not be the next MU coach.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2014, 03:43:34 AM »
Be careful what you wish for bro...

Agree...
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

thekahoona

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
Howland pines for MU.
Is Dixon the real target?
A total cock block.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2014, 07:53:21 AM »
Always have liked Dixon and they seem to be restless at Pitt, so this doesn't seem far fetched at all, especially given the money MU has to offer him.  I didn't realize he flirted w/ USC a year ago. 

That said, he's never really got Pitt to that elite level.  Except for Blair, his teams always have several good players, but never a great player to get you over the top to a Final Four.

I'd take one of his mentors Howland over him.  I don't get what the hold up is with getting a deal w/ Howland.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
This really doesn't need to be said again, but Howland will NOT be the Coach at MU. No matter how much some of you want him to be. MU will NOT go down that road...his past is just too checkered for their liking.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2014, 08:01:48 AM »
This really doesn't need to be said again, but Howland will NOT be the Coach at MU. No matter how much some of you want him to be. MU will NOT go down that road...his past is just too checkered for their liking.

Maybe you're right, but if that's the case, why they have bothered showing all this interest in him?  I know we've heard a ton of b.s. rumors about candidates, but the consensus everywhere and from those in the know is that he's been high on their short list since the day the little man from Texas ran to VT.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2014, 08:08:14 AM »
Perhaps initially he was, and I'm sure they did their due diligence, like every good search should do, but they decided to pass(barring something unforseen).
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »
Here's a more logical explanation.  Dixon was invited to Milwaukee by Lovell and Cords (who both have reason to know Dixon on a personal level) to clear up or explore the concerns holding MU back on Howland who as we all know he worked for.  Now that makes sense.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
Here's a more logical explanation.  Dixon was invited to Milwaukee by Lovell and Cords (who both have reason to know Dixon on a personal level) to clear up or explore the concerns holding MU back on Howland who as we all know he worked for.  Now that makes sense.

They put him on a plane to Milwaukee for that? No phones in Pittsburgh?

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »

If this is the case, and I'm not saying it isn't, why is the national media still reporting that he's a candidate for the job?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2014, 08:23:18 AM »
He's right. Jamie Dixon is in Milwaukee and has been since last night. What he didn't know is that Shaka Smart is also in town.

They met last night to discuss what a bunch of clowns the Milwaukee media are.
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2014, 08:27:09 AM »
They put him on a plane to Milwaukee for that? No phones in Pittsburgh?

Dixon is not flying to Milwaukee for that. Not buying it.

So, was (is?) Dixon in Milwaukee...or is that just a goofy radio guy drunk-tweeting?

The Sultan of Silly

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2014, 08:30:17 AM »
It would make sense as Dixon's star has been falling for sometime at Pitt. His recruiting has fallen as well. Ever since Butler stole that game from them with a foul call on a rebound after a missed Pitt free throw (should have been a no call in a situation like that) the Pitt program has been sinking. Prior to that they were often 1 or 2 seeds but would lose early.....of course they're best year with Blair they lost to Villanova in the elite 8.

He wouldn't be an ideal hire but he might work and a change of scenery might do him some good.

His style of play at Pitt was big and physical while at MU it's been small and quick.  Don't think he's a great fit for us and his recruiting efforts concern me as well as I don't think he enjoys the whole recruiting process and often just settles for his kind of guys.

Better than Wardle and Weber but a far cry from Shaka.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2014, 08:37:20 AM »
Not a fan of Dixon.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

mechaghidorah

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2014, 08:41:47 AM »
Dixon would be a decent hire, but his teams always seemed better on paper than what they actually ended up achieving.  Not sure he maxes out the talent he has.  IMO, he's not as good a hire as Howland but would be better than Martin.

Haywood actually is a pretty good radio guy with some connections.  He's not afraid to criticize a local team, either, which is rare on ESPN540, which is filled with shills like Drew Olson, Dan Needles and the awful GB Packers brown-noser, Jason Wilde.

feedback