Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Per Goodman...  (Read 18459 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: Goodman Again...
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 08:44:43 PM »
I have no idea what you are looking at, but he's tweeted about it three times in the last half hour. If you don't know how to use Twitter, I don't know what to tell you. If you don't count the Chamraz tweet, whatever.

Goodman's last three tweets.  Shaka tweet that nothing is happening is 2 hours old.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 51m  Kelvin Sampson a candidate to replace Dickey at Houston, source confirms to ESPN. http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10667415

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1h  Luke Kennard is headed to Duke. My favorite player in the Class of 2015. Can do it all.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2h   Here's the update on Shaka Smart and Marquette for all those asking. Nothing done, nothing imminent - per multiple sources.

Here is the IWB tweets, they are all one hour old ... AFTER Goodman's last Shaka tweet:

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB 1h  @joshlepak I tweeted it this morning and updated my subscribers all day. Never backed down, told readers don't believe 5:00 rumors too,

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB 1h People not understanding Shaka to Marquette: Big East, Top salary paying school for head & assts, #2 recruiting budget in nation. #mubb

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB 1h  @joshlepak I'm the source

Jim Ganzer ‏@theIWB 1h  Shaka Smart is the new coach at Marquette. #mubb Done Deal

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Per Goodman...
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 08:46:06 PM »
New flash for you bud. Until it was announced that Buzz was leaving out meeting was pretty damn quiet too. Stop acting like you are behind closed doors. NONE of us are proclaiming this is done we are questioning our sources and genuinely curious.

Just go back to your own board. If it happens it happens.

He's an MU fan to. You have no more right to this board than he does.  

With no due respect since Buzz leaving you haven't been the classiest person may want to work on people skills.  
Maigh Eo for Sam

nathanziarek

• All American
    • Late to the Party
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »
@Heisenberg -- make sure to click the "with replies" link to see any conversations he's having: https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/with_replies -- there's a little more there about MU & Shaka ... but not much.
Marquette Basketball on Reddit: http://reddit.com/r/mubb

chapman

• All American
Re: Goodman Again...
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »
Producer of the Doug Gottlieb Show

If he produces Tool Time, he must know Tim Allen then.  

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »
Shaka is getting house in order first and foremost.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:33 PM »
A few things... The clown who brought up the NCAA investigations read that garbage here. Radio people are lazy. Rather than dig into sources, they'll skim the message boards for anything they can find. The local guys in MKE do it all the time, which is why it's a good thing to show some discretion when posting.

Second, Goodman is getting all of his info on this secondhand. I'd take anything he writes with a grain of salt.

Wisco

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2014, 11:22:39 PM »
New flash for you bud. Until it was announced that Buzz was leaving out meeting was pretty damn quiet too. Stop acting like you are behind closed doors. NONE of us are proclaiming this is done we are questioning our sources and genuinely curious.

Just go back to your own board. If it happens it happens.
He has made statements that I view as false. I think it is fair to question him on that. I spoke directly to a player about the meeting today and no such thing took place.

In regards to Buzz - the Marquette situation is an entirely different beast than VCU's. Apples to oranges.

No need to be condescending. I've been a registered user on this board longer than you and long before my "own board."

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:29 AM »
He has made statements that I view as false. I think it is fair to question him on that. I spoke directly to a player about the meeting today and no such thing took place.

In regards to Buzz - the Marquette situation is an entirely different beast than VCU's. Apples to oranges.

No need to be condescending. I've been a registered user on this board longer than you and long before my "own board."

Well said.   Keep your valuable contributions coming.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:41 AM »

I thought they were fair questions. As with all things like this I reported what I was told. I thought (and still do) that it was worth sharing based on the source and my own judgment.

If my posts end up being wrong and I unintentionally contributed to some elaborate rumor spread nationally on multiple media channels and modes, then I'll apologize for being wrong.

Anyone can check my history on the board. It's not like I'm a troll. It looks like I have the same info as Goose, Keefe, and others. Time will tell. But I will say I'll be nothing short of stunned if this was all a giant, epic "misunderstanding."
We Are Marquette

RyanConroy

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2014, 10:06:05 AM »
Jeffie Goodman just now on an ESPN chat:

"No one knows with 100 percent certainly whether Shaka wants you guys or not, but I'm being told he's leaning towards turning it down. One major issue is Marquette has an interim AD and president -- and coaches want to know they are working for someone who will stick by them and who hired them. Another is the TV package."

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2014, 10:07:51 AM »
Jeffie Goodman just now on an ESPN chat:

"No one knows with 100 percent certainly whether Shaka wants you guys or not, but I'm being told he's leaning towards turning it down. One major issue is Marquette has an interim AD and president -- and coaches want to know they are working for someone who will stick by them and who hired them. Another is the TV package."

Why wouldn't this potentially be a good thing? Wouldn't he have great say over the AD hire? I'm sure Strong and Rivers have reassured him about that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:11:57 AM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

RyanConroy

« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
And now:

"Shaka isnt coming to Marquette...is he?"

"My gut? No, I don't think so."

RyanConroy

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Why wouldn't this not be a potentially good thing? Wouldn't he have great say over the AD hire? I'm sure Strong and Rivers told him he will have a say.

My thoughts exactly. I get the feeling Goodman isn't in the know on this one. Surely is avoiding being committal one way or another.

RyanConroy

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2014, 10:17:11 AM »
"With Shaka Smart out of the picture, who do you have taking over the Marquette job. Ben Howland or the field?"

Goodman: "Shaka is not completely out of the picture, but I don't think it'll happen."

"What's your best guess as to who will end up as Marquette's new coach? "

Goodman: "Just a gut - but I'm going with either Ben Howland, Mike Hopkins or Brian Wardle."

---

Doesn't seem like Goodman knows much of anything.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
I'll believe Goodman over IWB, anyone on this board, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

FWIW, Goodman said Marquette has no interest in Marshall.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »
"With Shaka Smart out of the picture, who do you have taking over the Marquette job. Ben Howland or the field?"

Goodman: "Shaka is not completely out of the picture, but I don't think it'll happen."

"What's your best guess as to who will end up as Marquette's new coach? "

Goodman: "Just a gut - but I'm going with either Ben Howland, Mike Hopkins or Brian Wardle."

---

Doesn't seem like Goodman knows much of anything.

Keep in mind Goodman is Buzz's mouth piece currently...sure that hasn't put him in a position to be a go to journalist when MU has something to tell.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2014, 10:20:11 AM »
Certainly sounds like Shaka is talking

RyanConroy

« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:33 AM »
I'll believe Goodman over IWB, anyone on this board, any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

No question, but the point is that he's avoiding even approaching a strong stance either way. He doesn't have sufficient information.

He made a point to demonstrate that he thinks it's a possibility, although maybe not a likely one. There's definitely something to what has come out over the past couple of days. And evidently he isn't convinced Shaka contacted assistant coaches and players last night with a definitive "I'm staying."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »

FWIW, Goodman said Marquette has no interest in Marshall.

That's a mistake, IMO

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
That's a mistake, IMO

Agreed, at least kick the tires.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
It is going to be very, very tough to sell alumni on Mike Hopkins (who would only be here two to three years until Boeheim retires) or Brian Wardle. We lose out on Howland and Shaka there will be thousands and thousands of empty seats at the BC next year..

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »
Not only is Goodman the mouthpiece for our former coach but his latest comment sounds like a rehash of how he explained said coach's departure....almost verbatim....whole thing sounds fishy to me....

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2014, 10:29:27 AM »
Not only is Goodman the mouthpiece for our former coach but his latest comment sounds like a rehash of how he explained said coach's departure....almost verbatim....whole thing sounds fishy to me....

He mentioned the TV deal as a bad thing. Which is weird.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »
He mentioned the TV deal as a bad thing. Which is weird.

Our former coach said one reason for leaving was his unhappiness with TV deal....

Can our TV deal be worse than the deal that VCU/ A10 has?

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »
Our former coach said one reason for leaving was his unhappiness with TV deal....

Can our TV deal be worse than the deal that VCU/ A10 has?

I thought we got a good tv deal???