Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If MU hosts NIT game, it'll be at the Al  (Read 15425 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: If MU hosts NIT game, it'll be at the Al
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
Leave it to CBB to emphasize the negative.

Leave it to CBB to tell the truth and some people don't want to hear it.  I live in the real world, not one made of sunshine pumping unicorns.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »
It was over 8,000. The BC was booked because the Admirals had a game.

Understood.  My point was we haven't sold out the MECCA even when playing for a trip to NYC in the NIT, with a NCAA team coming in (Santa Clara), etc, etc.  The idea that we would I think is based not in the reality we have seen from the Milwaukee or Marquette community in the last 25 years.  The last time MU sold out the MECCA was when we played there on a permanent basis.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2014, 11:32:20 AM »
Not sure how much it would mean to MU fans, but there is one possible intriguing NIT matchup that might be on the honchos' radar now and likely would mean something to the opponents' fans: Marquette vs. Davidson.

Davidson suffered an OT upset loss last night in its conference semifinals. Because it won the league regular-season title, it is guaranteed a spot in the NIT.

It's interesting because of the way we beat Davidson in the NCAAs last year. Many of the principals are gone -- including Vander and the guy he scored over -- but most of the players remain.

I'm guessing it wouldn't draw enough interest to pack the Arena but it certainly would sell out the Al. Frankly, being a Carolinian, I'd rather have it at Davidson so I could go see it. Davidson arena is similar in size to the Al.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson