collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Volleyball Thread  (Read 233018 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Volleyball Thread
« Reply #1000 on: September 15, 2022, 09:29:24 PM »
Oh that's right, Favre didn't meet the academic standards for Ole Miss.

i'm sure you have proof of this? 

i believe it was the football standards of ole miss he didn't meet
don't...don't don't don't don't

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1001 on: September 15, 2022, 09:32:45 PM »

Holy unnatural carnal knowledge
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1002 on: September 15, 2022, 09:42:48 PM »
Holy unnatural carnal knowledge

Hey man, thank god somebody stood up for oppressed beaten down Brett Favre.  Man has never been able to catch a break

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: September 15, 2022, 09:51:15 PM »

This is gold
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: September 17, 2022, 11:57:10 PM »
Big win for Marquette in five tonight. I think it’s important because I don’t think IL is a top end B1G team, so they could lose a lot of matches even though they have a lot of talent. That’s a nice win. Now no letdown against a usually solid mid major in Illinois State.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: September 19, 2022, 04:53:27 PM »
I know that we discussed Shane Davis in here a few years ago. I was interested to see that Northwestern went 11-1 against a reasonably respectable non-conference schedule. I wonder if Davis has them ready to take a step forward in competitiveness in the Big Ten -- say playing .500 volleyball.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1006 on: September 19, 2022, 07:35:15 PM »
I know that we discussed Shane Davis in here a few years ago. I was interested to see that Northwestern went 11-1 against a reasonably respectable non-conference schedule. I wonder if Davis has them ready to take a step forward in competitiveness in the Big Ten -- say playing .500 volleyball.

I saw they were receiving votes and took a look at their schedule too. Good for him. Was not looking good for him. B1G is tough, though maybe a little less so than at its peak.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: September 19, 2022, 09:53:04 PM »
Question for the plugged in VB set, what do you think Davis' salary is at NW?  I believe mid range B10 WVB coach salaries are low 200s.  You'd think he got a sizeable raise to lure him away from Loyola.  Is there so little money in mens VB, at least outside of MPSF, that a powerhouse national title winning coach was only making like $100-125K?

I think that top 10 class he got was huge.  Along with his extension, kind of a big positive harbinger for the program

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1008 on: September 19, 2022, 10:20:48 PM »
Question for the plugged in VB set, what do you think Davis' salary is at NW?  I believe mid range B10 WVB coach salaries are low 200s.  You'd think he got a sizeable raise to lure him away from Loyola.  Is there so little money in mens VB, at least outside of MPSF, that a powerhouse national title winning coach was only making like $100-125K?

I think that top 10 class he got was huge.  Along with his extension, kind of a big positive harbinger for the program

He AT LEAST doubled his salary by going to Northwestern, where he’s probably on the lower end of B1G coaches. He’s probably making right around $200K. He was probably a little under $100K at Loyola.

Loyola was going to fold their program when Shane took over. I believe he had just graduated from the program? And they gave him like $15K to be their coach.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: September 19, 2022, 10:43:49 PM »
He AT LEAST doubled his salary by going to Northwestern, where he’s probably on the lower end of B1G coaches. He’s probably making right around $200K. He was probably a little under $100K at Loyola.

Loyola was going to fold their program when Shane took over. I believe he had just graduated from the program? And they gave him like $15K to be their coach.

That makes sense.  Yea, he took over the year after he graduated.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1010 on: October 07, 2022, 09:02:35 AM »
"We talk about winning a Big East championship probably means a world (where) 17-1, 16-2 is probably what it takes with Creighton over there playing their way," Theis said. "So every match we always say ‘St. John’s is the most important match of the year. Why is that?’

"And our team will unanimously say, ‘Because it’s the next one.’ "

Facts.  This is why MU volleyball is where they are.  They get it.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1011 on: October 14, 2022, 07:35:57 PM »
This is fun to watch so far with Marquette taking the first two sets at Creighton.  Let's go Marquette - close this one out in the 3rd set.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1012 on: October 14, 2022, 07:44:17 PM »
This is fun to watch so far with Marquette taking the first two sets at Creighton.  Let's go Marquette - close this one out in the 3rd set.

Did you pay for Flow or how are you watching it?

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1013 on: October 14, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »
Did you pay for Flow or how are you watching it?

I have a yearly subscription for FloSports mostly for Women's Basketball - still have to decide if I'm going to renew again but will probably end up doing it again as I don't want to miss the women's bball road games.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1014 on: October 14, 2022, 08:19:04 PM »
Ok - I shouldn't have posted before - it's not been so great since I posted :(

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: October 14, 2022, 08:25:10 PM »
Ok - I shouldn't have posted before - it's not been so great since I posted :(.

This is what they do against Creighton.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1016 on: October 14, 2022, 08:29:39 PM »
This is what they do against Creighton.

I know - I just got kind of hopeful after those first two sets that they could find a way to get it done tonight.  I guess I should have known better...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: October 14, 2022, 08:59:07 PM »
Completely incapable of beating Creighton.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #1018 on: October 14, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »

Yes - I just don't get it...

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: October 14, 2022, 09:40:52 PM »
17-17 in the third. Outscored 48-26. Oof.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: October 15, 2022, 08:04:54 AM »

Theis is like 2-20 against Creighton. Yikes that’s crazy considering these teams are pretty close. This one hurt as MU really wants to host a NCAA site in the hope of hosting a Final Four at FF eventually.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1021 on: October 24, 2022, 05:45:40 PM »
so, the badgers women's volleyball team, whose attempts to boost their personal NIL is going badly.  they ever hear of onlyfans? 

so one of the beefs is that the pics were not supposed to be shared publicly? 

really really??  do these college age adults have any idea of how this stuff works?  ya know how the pics wouldn't have been shared?  keep your damn clothes on

this one ranks right up there with bo ryan's masseuse
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: October 24, 2022, 05:52:12 PM »
*insert popcorn gif*
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1023 on: October 24, 2022, 06:12:39 PM »
Oh, my giddy aunt.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1024 on: October 24, 2022, 06:14:44 PM »
so, the badgers women's volleyball team, whose attempts to boost their personal NIL is going badly.  they ever hear of onlyfans? 

so one of the beefs is that the pics were not supposed to be shared publicly? 

really really??  do these college age adults have any idea of how this stuff works?  ya know how the pics wouldn't have been shared?  keep your damn clothes on

this one ranks right up there with bo ryan's masseuse

Good lord.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow