[Today at 09:53:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[June 10, 2024, 10:45:56 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So who is going to guard McBuckets on Wednesday?  (Read 25333 times)

willie warrior

• All American
Re: So who is going to guard McBuckets on Wednesday?
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2014, 04:31:43 PM »
bo's never been to a final four...as a D1 coach

which is interesting because you very often say you have higher expectations from MU, demand this and that of buzz, etc...  bo has a 4% better winning percentage than buzz, and in 12 years has 4 sweet 16's and 1 elite eight.  doesn't make buzz's 2 sweet 16's and 1 elite eight in five years look to shabby.

no one is ripping the guy (although i fully believe he's an egotistical a$$)...i'm just stating that for him to have the record he does in the B10 over the last 12 years and never make a FF run is an anomaly compared to his like peers (of which there are admittedly not many).  

Ok, I stand corrected, UW made the final 4 the year before Bo arrived. I did not look it up previously. Reading is fundamental. If you read my posts, you would have observed that I said I was not comparing Ryan to Buzz. You just made that leap in your zealousness to criticize. And you said no one is ripping the guy. EL wrongo. m
Many on this board rip him all the time. They cannot stand him just like you. I don't like the guy either. he has made the dance all 12 of his years and will again this year. That is impressive. Now you made the statement that he has not made the final 4 run in 12 years. He did make the Elite 8 once--is that not a run? So why is that unusual? Buzz has 7 years coaching experience, one at UNO and has not made the Final 4 run either. Is that an analomy for him?
My only point was that the constant ripping of him--as you just did is not justified, IMO. But to each his own.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2014, 05:52:49 PM »
Ok, I stand corrected, UW made the final 4 the year before Bo arrived. I did not look it up previously. Reading is fundamental. If you read my posts, you would have observed that I said I was not comparing Ryan to Buzz. You just made that leap in your zealousness to criticize. And you said no one is ripping the guy. EL wrongo. m
Many on this board rip him all the time. They cannot stand him just like you. I don't like the guy either. he has made the dance all 12 of his years and will again this year. That is impressive. Now you made the statement that he has not made the final 4 run in 12 years. He did make the Elite 8 once--is that not a run? So why is that unusual? Buzz has 7 years coaching experience, one at UNO and has not made the Final 4 run either. Is that an analomy for him?
My only point was that the constant ripping of him--as you just did is not justified, IMO. But to each his own.
no one ripped bo in this thread.  i compared past statements you made about buzz to your defense of bo, and pointed out your hypocrisy.  making an elite 8 run is not making a final four run.  you demand better than elite 8 from buzz, yet defend an elite 8 run by bo.  you want to add UNO to buzz's coaching experience, yet don't do so with bo's.  time and time again you have demanded more from buzz, yet he's on pace to exceed the ncaa success of bo. 

i do believe it's an anomaly (not analomy) to see a coach so successful in a major conference fail to reach the final four.  feel free to prove me wrong by naming other coaches that have won their conference and have had as much success as bo without making a final four.  that's all i was getting at in this post...until you chimed in. 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:59 PM »

I don't think it's very fair to include UNO in the comparison of Buzz and Bo I mean we don't include UWM in the comparison.  Just compare what they did at MU and UW respectively. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »
no one ripped bo in this thread.  i compared past statements you made about buzz to your defense of bo, and pointed out your hypocrisy.  making an elite 8 run is not making a final four run.  you demand better than elite 8 from buzz, yet defend an elite 8 run by bo.  you want to add UNO to buzz's coaching experience, yet don't do so with bo's.  time and time again you have demanded more from buzz, yet he's on pace to exceed the ncaa success of bo. 

i do believe it's an anomaly (not analomy) to see a coach so successful in a major conference fail to reach the final four.  feel free to prove me wrong by naming other coaches that have won their conference and have had as much success as bo without making a final four.  that's all i was getting at in this post...until you chimed in. 
OK_ I feel free--Your Boy Buzz--who you just compared favorably to Bo. And you, as well as many others are ripping Bo.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »

Al once remarked the only thing that kept him in the NBA for a brief time was his ability guard the great Bob Cousy. 

You left out the punch line. Al said he was able to guard Bob Cousy for 6 fouls...

Death on call

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2014, 09:06:37 PM »
OK_ I feel free--Your Boy Buzz--who you just compared favorably to Bo. And you, as well as many others are ripping Bo.
coming from a guy who thinks bo went to a final four...

haven't found a coach that has as much "regular" season success as bo without a final four appearance have you?  does it piss you off that buzz in on track to have more post season success than bo? 

he loosely recruited me while at UWM just because i was a freshman playing varsity (never good enough to play d1), but i have plenty of close friends that played for him at uw-p and uwm.  i think he's an a$$, but a heck of a coach.  many have tried and failed to copy his system, but i still feel his system has limitations. 

like i said...feel free to name a coach with as much conference success and as little post season success.  there's a reason many uw alum are grumbling about his inability to take the program to the next level.  i think it works out nicely for mu. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 09:17:18 PM by avid1010 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2014, 12:06:50 AM »
Ryan is 16-12 in the NCAA Tournament for DI.   DIII he's off the charts, a few titles, etc.

Ryan is in for sure this year, hopefully Buzz can get his team in this year.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2014, 07:56:55 AM »
coming from a guy who thinks bo went to a final four...

haven't found a coach that has as much "regular" season success as bo without a final four appearance have you?  does it piss you off that buzz in on track to have more post season success than bo? 

he loosely recruited me while at UWM just because i was a freshman playing varsity (never good enough to play d1), but i have plenty of close friends that played for him at uw-p and uwm.  i think he's an a$$, but a heck of a coach.  many have tried and failed to copy his system, but i still feel his system has limitations. 

like i said...feel free to name a coach with as much conference success and as little post season success.  there's a reason many uw alum are grumbling about his inability to take the program to the next level.  i think it works out nicely for mu. 
I just did, Mr. "Loosely Recruited" which makes you an expert. Three or 4 sweet 16's and an elite 8 and 12 straight years in the dance is more than "a little post season success".  And it does not piss me off if Buzz has more post season success than Bo. After all--you are the guy that says I demand it--so why would that piss me off? And I said I stood corrected about Bo making the Final 4. So for the record, Buzz does not have more post season success than Bo--you believe he does--great for you. That jury is still out. And for the record, being "loosely recruited" does not make one an expert, except in one's own mind. We do agree on two things, we dislike Bo and you are a legend in your mind.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 08:09:40 AM »
Well, they haven't coached the same number of seasons, so kind of difficult to compare, but on a percentage basis, Buzz has actually had more success. Just sayin.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »
I just did, Mr. "Loosely Recruited" which makes you an expert. Three or 4 sweet 16's and an elite 8 and 12 straight years in the dance is more than "a little post season success".  And it does not piss me off if Buzz has more post season success than Bo. After all--you are the guy that says I demand it--so why would that piss me off? And I said I stood corrected about Bo making the Final 4. So for the record, Buzz does not have more post season success than Bo--you believe he does--great for you. That jury is still out. And for the record, being "loosely recruited" does not make one an expert, except in one's own mind. We do agree on two things, we dislike Bo and you are a legend in your mind.

Willie Warrior:  Bo Ryan Slurper.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »

you just did, mr. "bo ryan's been to the final four."

take the number of years into consideration and buzz is projected to have better post season results, yet you have been very harsh on buzz while coming to the defense of bo.  interesting. 

have you found a coach in this country that has had the regular season success that bo has had, yet failed to ever make a final four? 

as far as the "legend in my own mind"...you're an idiot...but i guess you attack the person when you can't defend yourself against the argument. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
you just did, mr. "bo ryan's been to the final four."

take the number of years into consideration and buzz is projected to have better post season results, yet you have been very harsh on buzz while coming to the defense of bo.  interesting. 

have you found a coach in this country that has had the regular season success that bo has had, yet failed to ever make a final four? 

as far as the "legend in my own mind"...you're an idiot...but i guess you attack the person when you can't defend yourself against the argument. 
Yup--knew the name calling would start--and I have defended myself--you asked me to name somebody--I did--Buzz. Take your number of years projected to the speculation pile, because you can't use it. Buzz has been a HC for 7 years. When you don't like somebody else's argument--start the hollering and name calling--like you do. And when you scream idiot--look in the mirror--Einstein!. You sir, are on permanent ignore.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 02:33:18 PM »
Yup--knew the name calling would start--and I have defended myself--you asked me to name somebody--I did--Buzz. Take your number of years projected to the speculation pile, because you can't use it. Buzz has been a HC for 7 years. When you don't like somebody else's argument--start the hollering and name calling--like you do. And when you scream idiot--look in the mirror--Einstein!. You sir, are on permanent ignore.
damn...you win...again!