Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Do we beat Xavier tomorrow?  (Read 11367 times)

NersEllenson

• All American
Re: Do we beat Xavier tomorrow?
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
Christen is an outstanding player. One person (by himself) won't stop him. We'll need good on the ball defense and good help defense to make things difficult for him. Still, if he's making everything he's throwing up (like the last game) we'll be in trouble.

Generally I'd tend to agree, yet we saw Jimmy Butler completely shut down Tu Holloway in NCAA tourney.  Considering Buzz is on record as saying Derrick is an elite, lockdown, Aaron Craft caliber defender - and Christon is pretty far from being a 1st Team All American candidate - you'd think Buzz would have Derrick shadow Christon..and it shouldn't be any kind of problem.?  It simply wouldn't make sense to not have your elite, lockdown defender, (and guard) defend the other team's best guard.

Hopefully Buzz sees it this way and Derrick is up to the task...I think he will be and is capable...of holding Christon to at least something more in line with his season average of 16.8 instead of the season high 28 he got on us last go around...then again Derrick only played 22 minutes compared to his usual 30...and fouled out.

If we can keep Christon at a reasonable output...we should be able to win the game.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback