Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Petition to MJS: Replace Mike Hunt on Marquette Beat  (Read 10291 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Petition to MJS: Replace Mike Hunt on Marquette Beat
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »
A free press has guaranteed our liberty more than anything else for more than 300 years. 

Yes, so many get mad at a particular newspaper or two or complain about a paper's ideology that they sometimes forget how valuable the media has been to society. A huge, huge percentage of corruption, political chicanery, environmental hazards, abuse of authority, etc., has been ferreted out by newspapers. When they go, our society will be the lesser for it.

"Yeah, but the online press will take care of it." Right. In general, the online media has little interest in spending the kind of money and time on these kinds of projects. The more marginalized newspapers become, the more I worry about our way of life.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »
this is stupid. We are lucky to have someone from the JS covering Marquette anyway. Besides, there are about a million other sources so what does one man matter anyway.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
Leave the guy alone. Don't like him? Read something else. Better yet, vote with your wallet and buy something else.

How would you feel if someone petitioned your bosses to fire you ?
We Are Marquette

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2014, 01:40:01 AM »
What's sadder still is Todd is now covering UWM hoops too.

If you mean Rosiak could instead be covering Marquette then I am in full agreement. Todd brought a lot of energy to the assignment. I used to correspond with him while deployed to both Iraq and  A Stan. The military networks blocked Scoop for some reason so I would throw questions to Todd and he was great about answering. Hell, he even initiated some emails when he would send me links about MU/BE he thought I might like. Todd looked for stories and was always keeping his subject fresh. I preferred him to both Hunt and Nickel.

Death on call

feedback