'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ND's Demetrius Jackson To Sit Out, Diasterous ND Season Gets Worse  (Read 11104 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: ND's Demetrius Jackson To Sit Out, Diasterous ND Season Gets Worse
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
Really, with an exclamation point!  Compare them to the top 20 or so programs and what we know goes on.  What happened to ND's top QB before this last season? How many top football teams do that?  For academics?  So, yes, really!! With a double exclamation point.  

I actually respect schools that haven't completely given up on academics and football:  Stanford, ND, Northwestern, BC, Duke.  Those schools don't even begin to recruit most of the top players because of academics.  Same doesn't apply to the rest of the Big 10, SEC, etc.

Hate them all you want, but in a cesspool, they are at least at the top of it.

In addition to ND, these schools suspended their QBs for the just completed season.

* Uconn - suspended Cody Endres for the season for an unspecified violation of university policies.
* Virginia - suspended Alabama transfer Philip Sims for the season because he was academically ineligible.
* UNC - QB Marquise Williams left school last spring after receiving an academic suspension
* Air Force - QB Jaleel Awini was suspended immediately and kicked out the academy last September
* Duke - suspended its leading rusher (ok not a QB) Jela Duncan due to academics for the Chick-fil-A bowl last December and all next year

If I go back to previous years I can find dozens more examples.

So stop pretending like ND is unique.  Wait it is ... none of the above schools that suspended their starting QB (or RB in the case of Duke) replaced them with a guy that punched-out a local policeman (like Tommy Rees).

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »
Not directly.  great great kid.   I wouldnt read too much into it.   

Like i said, " dont read toomuch into it"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
Rat, I hear the Joe had its biggest run in years last fall. Did you get out?

Good thing for Jackson being on the bench with the absolutely miserable season ND is having. They really, really, really suck this year.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 06:44:09 PM »
Rat, I hear the Joe had its biggest run in years last fall. Did you get out?

Good thing for Jackson being on the bench with the absolutely miserable season ND is having. They really, really, really suck this year.

Yes, i dont fish for the steelhead or salmonids too much though.  Used to be bigger into, but not so much anymore,  i tend to go for the smallies and walleye.  I tend to spend a good portion of my fall in a tree stand or duck blind.  Will start hitting the walleye again in the next couple of weeks

http://www.rippleguides.com/

If your interested... A lifelong friend
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:04:04 PM by River rat »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
Steelhead are a gas.  Fished the by the dam, all the way down to Kamms Island.  Great spot by the bifurcation. 

Used to go out with a kid from Mish, a SB cop by the name of Kruegrer.  He was a good guide.

The MUPD thread hits home.  Tom Roberts was a long time friend from St. Monica's.

River rat

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:51 PM »
Also a good area for spring walleye n smallies.  As the summer goes on we move north n spend alot of time in Michigan all the way up to St. Joe/ BH. I normally spend 20-30 days a year on the Joe. Spend alot of time on maxi, the tippy, and the big lake as well
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:26:03 PM by River rat »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2014, 05:31:01 PM »
ND has home games left against Georgia Tech and Pitt before going on the road to North Carolina.  They must win two of the three to avoid a losing regular season record.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

feedback