[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Xavier game thread  (Read 23934 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Xavier game thread
« Reply #400 on: January 09, 2014, 10:31:24 PM »
Second half wasn't that bad overall.  They were still making shots despite pretty good defense.  Needed to box out more.  Offense still struggles to run plays so many of our scores are iso.  Disappointing to come so close and lose but maybe Magic Dawson gets more burn again next game.

ronald dragon

• Team Captain
« Reply #401 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
First off they are playing halfway decent today, at least in the second half. Xavier has just been hitting their  contested shots. And secondly you don't have to be happy with them, but pissing and moaning just makes you a bad fan. Feel free to criticize them but at least make it constructive. Saying walk home to men who are out there busting their butts to represent your university to the best of their ability deserve much better.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #402 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:29 PM »
why is Derrick on the floor when we need a 3?  

Agree.  Should've put John in the last minute.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #403 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
I just hope that from here out some of all the hate on this team by "fans" cools off. They are what they are this year. Frustrating? Yes. But have we been spoiled by insanely overachieving teams? Yes. I still like our future a lot. Again, tis is like the year post Wade when we got caught without guards.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #404 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »
Derrick Wilson=Lebron James!!!

Because we have to be positive!!!! Everyone in history is good!!!!
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #405 on: January 09, 2014, 10:33:08 PM »
First off they are playing halfway decent today, at least in the second half. Xavier has just been hitting their  contested shots. And secondly you don't have to be happy with them, but pissing and moaning just makes you a bad fan. Feel free to criticize them but at least make it constructive. Saying walk home to men who are out there busting their butts to represent your university to the best of their ability deserve much better.

Well said.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #406 on: January 09, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
This pisses me off.

brandx

« Reply #407 on: January 09, 2014, 10:33:54 PM »
I really have to ask.

What exactly do they deserve support for? It comes with being an athlete. if you suck, you should get called out.

Jamil at least has his days of being great, but today was just a disaster he deserves ridicule.

Fine - I'm calling you out. You're an idiot!!

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Game over when DG didn't box out (surprise) and Rec Specs scored on the offensive board.  Should have been down 3 with the ball at that point, instead down 5.  

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #409 on: January 09, 2014, 10:34:34 PM »
Where did I say I had a gun to my head?

If it is something it is entertainment put on my television I have every right to give it a review. Positive or negative.

I can't call a movie bad if its bad? I can't say the most recent episode of Two and a Half men sucked? I can't say J.J. Barea sucks? I can't say Derrick Wilson sucks? I can't say Andy Dalton can't win big games.

I have to just sit back for multiple hours and be positive?

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm seriously asking.

Nice try.

So when they are playing bad, I should be happy that I am investing multiple hours to watch garbage?

Who is asking you to invest your precious time? If you're not happy about it, don't do it. You have very right to watch it, just as you have every right to turn it off. Nobody is forcing you to invest your time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »
So when they are playing bad, I should be happy that I am investing multiple hours to watch garbage?

it would be one thing if they were freshman trying to develop.

These clows are upperclassmen.

You're frustrated, I'm frustrated, everyone who loves MU is frustrated. That's ok. Being a total asswipe about it isn't. Think about it.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #411 on: January 09, 2014, 10:34:53 PM »
I just hope that from here out some of all the hate on this team by "fans" cools off. They are what they are this year. Frustrating? Yes. But have we been spoiled by insanely overachieving teams? Yes. I still like our future a lot. Again, tis is like the year post Wade when we got caught without guards.

Indeed.  It's also time we acknowledge the solid play of our opponents once in a while.  Need to stop trying to explain every mistake and give some credit where credit is due.  Christon went off because he's a skilled player.  Made a lot of tough, contested shots.  Plenty of growing pains for this MU squad but I still enjoyed watching the game tonight.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
Game over when DG didn't box out (surprise) and Rec Specs scored on the offensive board.  Should have been down 3 with the ball at that point, instead down 5.  

^This.  Rewound the DVR to be sure-- Ox just stood there and let hisguy get the board and put back.  And the fact that mayo got tackled out ofbounds and no call?  WTF
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #413 on: January 09, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
Nice try.

Who is asking you to invest your precious time? If you're not happy about it, don't do it. You have very right to watch it, just as you have every right to turn it off. Nobody is forcing you to invest your time.

I did turn it off....

Then I used a message board for what its for...discussing the form of entertainment it is for...

Marquette basketball. You can't be vocal?

Again, is how can you tell the difference between Lebron james and Derrick Wilson if you can't be negative?

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:01 PM »
^This.  Rewound the DVR to be sure-- Ox just stood there and let hisguy get the board and put back.  And the fact that mayo got tackled out ofbounds and no call?  WTF

Give the keys to the Frosh...

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #415 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:08 PM »
I have to just sit back for multiple hours and be positive?

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm seriously asking.

Cause complaining on the internet about college kids not entertaining you is soooooo much more of a productive use of your time.....

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #416 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
Fine - I'm calling you out. You're an idiot!!

Coming from you I'll take it as a compliment.

Only a true moron would be satisfied with 9-7. Clown.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #417 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
These are kids playing their hearts out. plenty good out of this contest  Burton looking good and Jake freed up to match the other teams three-point shooters.  Just hate the opponents shooting 3's out of their *sses. Everybody gets up to play against our aggressive defense

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:56 PM »
These losses may be harder to watch than Lazar's senior year in which we lost a bunch of games on game-winning buzzer beaters.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:04 PM »
Cause complaining on the internet about college kids not entertaining you is soooooo much more of a productive use of your time.....

It's a message board. That is actually one of its exact purposes. The stupidity on here is amazing.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #420 on: January 09, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
Give the keys to the Frosh...
Yeah...cause they're awesome at rebounding and defending the other team's center.  Jesus...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
Coming from you I'll take it as a compliment.

Only a true moron would be satisfied with 9-7. Clown.

There is a vast gulf between "being satisfied" and being President of the (as someone earlier today so accurately said) Whiny Bitch Squad.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2014, 10:41:17 PM »
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire
Unless I really don't like it
MU seems very disjointed, hopefully better things to come

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #423 on: January 09, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
Yeah...cause they're awesome at rebounding and defending the other team's center.  Jesus...

Derrick and Juan are?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #424 on: January 09, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »
They got so many easy baskets on putbacks . Jamil  not even in the same arena as the rest of the team. Terrible
spacing on offense. I don't think X was to worried about beating us. They have a PG that is better than anyone on our team.
Sad that we are so out of sorts with out D on hustle plays.