Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Samford Thoughts  (Read 6745 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Samford Thoughts
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 07:47:40 AM »
O'Neill was basically saying that Derrick was the problem, and didn't sugarcoat it all that much.  He said we were playing 4 on 5 with Derrick, that he has to make himself more of a threat, and casually mentioned that for Marquette to get better they have to "solve their point guard issue."  When the play by play guy asked if MU should run more stuff to get Thomas more shots, he replied that normally guys like Thomas would get shots on kickouts from Gardner, but with our lineup we have to kick it out and then swing it around to get the ball to Jake.  I think he was implying that because the double was coming from Derrick's man, but to be fair he didn't say that.

I'm not sure what we do.  Dawson sure doesn't look ready either when he gets his chances.  Derrick seems to be the only guy we have that can handle guarding the opposition's PG, too.  I think maybe we'll see more of the Jamil at the point experiment, with Mayo trying to guard the other PG on the defensive end when that happens.

Agreed.  Isn't that pretty much what happened against New Mexico?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:52 AM »
Kicked another cupcake's butt. All is right in the world.
Buzz played the frosh more--good job Buzz.
Taylor and Du. Wilson--no explanation from Buzz, except both are hurting and too far behind. Buzzspeak.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Did you miss the news that Duane is redshirting?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2013, 09:09:43 AM »
Kicked another cupcake's butt. All is right in the world.
Buzz played the frosh more--good job Buzz.
Taylor and Du. Wilson--no explanation from Buzz, except both are hurting and too far behind. Buzzspeak.
Du. Wilson??

Yeah--can't believe he didnt get in today--somethings wrong here.

Maybe he should consider redshirting.?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2013, 09:43:12 AM »
Du. Wilson??

Yeah--can't believe he didnt get in today--somethings wrong here.

Maybe he should consider redshirting.?
We know he is redshirting--but the only explanation is that he is too far behind. Dehind De. Wilso, Thomas, Dawson. Not buying it--you go ahead and buy it. IMO, that is pure Buzzspeak. You miss the point, but that is expected from the lovers of the God.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
We know he is redshirting--but the only explanation is that he is too far behind. Dehind De. Wilso, Thomas, Dawson. Not buying it--you go ahead and buy it. IMO, that is pure Buzzspeak. You miss the point, but that is expected from the lovers of the God.

Fire Buzz.

It's the only solution to the deep abyss our program has plunged into these last 5-6 years.

Fire Buzz and please hire a coach guaranteed to get us into the Final Four every year.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
Du. Wilson--no explanation from Buzz

Never stop outdoing yourself willie
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »

I have asked you this and you don't respond.  What else do you think it is?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2013, 10:33:58 AM »
According to this article, Duane is only practicing 20 minutes at a time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/marquette-guard-duane-wilson-decision-redshirt-smart-choice-182138892--ncaab.html

Come on, Sultan. That's because Buzz will only LET him practice 20 minutes at a time. This is all part of The Great Buzz Conspiracy to deprive our team of a great player, use Derrick more, and lock up a higher draft pick.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »
BTW, that article says that he is taking a "medical redshirt."  That is inaccurate.  He is simply taking a redshirt.  If he loses another year to injury, he can apply for a sixth.  But if he cannot sit out another year for a non-medical reason and gain a sixth...or at least it would be highly unlikely.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

I usually don't chime in on these types of arguments, but what do you mean by "I don't buy it."  I don't see what there is to "buy."  What do you think Buzz is trying to "sell" us? 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2013, 10:43:24 AM »
Never stop outdoing yourself willie
Man, some of you people are just slurping the Buzz Kool Aid. He does not communicate the reasons, other than it's not any of anybody's business because I am The HC. No real explanation given for Du. Wilson redshirt other than the usual Buzzspeak. So never stop outdoing yourself from slurping.

Far be it for me to offer some criticism of Buzz when the rest of the fans know that he is the man.

Yes he is the man--so now we can all move on--nuff said.

connie

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »
Man, some of you people are just slurping the Buzz Kool Aid. He does not communicate the reasons, other than it's not any of anybody's business because I am The HC. No real explanation given for Du. Wilson redshirt other than the usual Buzzspeak. So never stop outdoing yourself from slurping.

Far be it for me to offer some criticism of Buzz when the rest of the fans know that he is the man.

So, you want Buzz to give you a student's medical diagnosis?  Seriously, just go away.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »

Buzz has confirmed that Duane fractured his leg during practice and as a result was going to miss most of the non-conference season.
Buzz has confirmed that Duane was cleared to play but was not 100%.
Buzz has confirmed that this decision would be up to Duane and his family.
Buzz has confirmed that if Duane were to come back, he would likely not get many minutes because Duane was not at 100% and he lost months of practice time
Buzz has confirmed that Duane and his family elected to redshirt

Seriously, what else do you think there is? Please give an example of what you think the reason is that Duane is redshirting. What is the real reason that you think Buzz is not telling us? Because I will agree that sometimes coaches do not tell fans everything, but for the life of me I cannot think of a logical reason that Buzz would redshirt Duane besides the reasons given
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 12:28:59 PM »
What did Buzz confirm on Taylor?

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
NOTHING!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:06:41 PM by The Sultan of Syncopation »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 01:02:31 PM »
What did Buzz confirm on Taylor?

He confirmed on his last coaches show that Taylor is still having knee issues and they are trying to rest it to get more out of him later in the season.  This is a semi Joe Fulce situation this season
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 01:13:10 PM »
Buzz can't comment on the injury status of a player.

Of course he can, and did:

He confirmed on his last coaches show that Taylor is still having knee issues and they are trying to rest it to get more out of him later in the season.  This is a semi Joe Fulce situation this season

The student and medical privacy laws do not preclude Buzz from speaking--he just has to get permission first. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »

You wrote to complain that Duane didn't play... EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN REDSHIRTED.  Perhaps you are also wondering why Vander didn't play today, or Jae for that matter.
Every artcile has pointed to Duane being unable to compete physically to the degree necessary to have a meaningful impact on the games.  But, Buzz hasn't specifically told YOU personally...well,what exactly?  
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:40:29 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »
Of course he can, and did:

Which is why I edited my post.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »

Which is why I edited my post.

You must have started editing after I started to respond.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
You wrote to complain that Duane didn't play... EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN REDSHIRTED.  Perhaps you are also wondering why Vander didn't play today, or Jae for that matter.
Every artcile has pointed to Duane being unable to compete physically to the degree necessary to have a meaningful impact on the games.  But, Buzz hasn't specifically told YOU personally...well,what exactly?  
Yeah--what "every article". You don't know. Buzz said he was medically cleared. Keep slurping.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2013, 10:20:19 PM »
You miss the point, but that is expected from the lovers of the God.

Death on call