[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by MarquetteMike1977
[June 14, 2024, 10:07:57 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by tower912
[June 14, 2024, 07:44:22 PM]

2025 Recruiting by Vander Blue Man Group
[June 14, 2024, 05:07:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Mehico game thread  (Read 23696 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: New Mehico game thread
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2013, 10:25:02 PM »
If I were D. Burt, JJJ and Dawson I would transfer.  None of them can start over JT and Derrick Wilson. Are u kidding me????!!! I bet my life at least one of them will transfer. Buzz is pathetic

If none of them do, will you just off yourself?

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »
When you have to run screen plays for Jake...
And you have a PG who can't score...
Jamil who is a reluctant leader...
It puts stress on the team.

Stress this team cannot handle until it gets consistent scoring and defense from its perimeter players.

I'm greatly disappointed in Buzz's decision to stress the team with Jake and Derrick.
He needs to start the freshmen as early and as often, or risk losing them.

Creighton recruited Dawson. . . I know hes second guessing this decision. . . Another DNP behind a non shooter.

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2013, 10:26:47 PM »
If none of them do, will you just off yourself?

no need. Everything I been saying has come to fruition

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2013, 10:26:54 PM »
Having one player transfer isn't that big of a stretch. Doesn't it usually happen every year?

Dreadman24

• Team Captain
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
Creighton recruited Dawson. . . I know hes second guessing this decision. . . Another DNP behind a non shooter.

+1000

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2013, 10:27:47 PM »
thats all I been saying and been getting rediculed for saying so..
When you cheer against your team and proclaim they will lose 5 minutes into the game, you probably are going to get ridiculed

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »
When you cheer against your team and proclaim they will lose 5 minutes into the game, you probably are going to get ridiculed

I don't think he cheered against us to be honest, but he certainly felt we weren't going to hang on to that 7 point half time lead.  Unfortunately he was correct.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
Hey DePaul has a better record than us.....

Need to schedule some more SWAC teams next year.

This team us rutterless.  No one wanted the ball at the end.  I'm at the game and I'm pissed

The possession just under a minute that took 20-some seconds to get a shot off was just pathetic.  Jake did want the ball, but nothing doing when he had four teammates crowding him on the perimeter, two of which weren't a threat to shoot from there to begin with (and one of them who took the shot anyway).

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »

The starting sr and jr back court....
Just isnt gonna deliver the groceries...
If we 7-5 before BE Play. Sheeesh
Whats the ceiling for this team. Honestly.
Freshmen Cullen Neal goes for a career high
against our upper classmen while our frosh watch..
Sheesh

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »
Start the freshmen.

Sit Derrick and Jake.

Think of the future, not a back-up PG who can't score nor a SG who can't create his own shot.

MU has to position guys JUST TO OPEN UP SHOTS for them. sad.

I'm afraid this is the type of season, Buzz may just say, "Hello, Texas."

And with this type of season, Texas may say "no thanks."

Plus, if one bad season makes buzz want to leave, then adios homie.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2013, 10:36:52 PM »
I don't think he cheered against us to be honest, but he certainly felt we weren't going to hang on to that 7 point half time lead.  Unfortunately he was correct.
Proclaiming over and over again that the other team will win and telling everyone "you'll see" is essentially cheering for the other team.  He was hoping he was correct and therefore hoping the other team would win

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:12 PM »
I bet Fr. Kelly is already at Crazy Horse getting a table dance.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2013, 10:38:59 PM »
If I were D. Burt, JJJ and Dawson I would transfer.  None of them can start over JT and Derrick Wilson. Are u kidding me????!!! I bet my life at least one of them will transfer. Buzz is pathetic

Buzz has done a terrible job with JJJ this year. He's a double digit scorer just sitting on the bench. Not bad defensively either. He might transfer unless his role increases in upcoming games. It would be completely justified too. Feel bad for the kid.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »
Proclaiming over and over again that the other team will win and telling everyone "you'll see" is essentially cheering for the other team.  He was hoping he was correct and therefore hoping the other team would win

Perhaps, or maybe if we won he would have said he was wrong.  Maybe he just isn't sunshine pumper, which can be just as bad when people are in denial about reality.  I don't know, just guessing.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
Perhaps, or maybe if we won he would have said he was wrong.  Maybe he just isn't sunshine pumper, which can be just as bad when people are in denial about reality.  I don't know, just guessing.

absolutely true. except. he would never have said he was wrong. look through his posts. not his MO.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2013, 10:45:17 PM »

Can you blame him? Of course he's rooting against the team; Buzz is the reason he got fired and now has to move back to Scranton, the armpit of Pennsylvania.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2013, 10:46:21 PM »

And didn't I hear he was from N. Mexico and had a bunch of family & friends at the game.  Why not put him in - could hardly be worse than what was in there.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »

would you like to bet on this? put your money where your mouth is
Sure. What do you want to stake? The way we are playing right now we will not finish above Villanova, Georgetown, Xavier, Creighton, or Butler. Heck, even DePaul has a better record than MU right now.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »

And didn't I hear he was from N. Mexico and had a bunch of family & friends at the game.  Why not put him in - could hardly be worse than what was in there.

A valid argument can be made that MU's pg is subpar but I don't think an argument can be made for Dawson. He is not any better offensively than Derrick.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2013, 10:55:09 PM »
In honor of your optimism, I just cracked open a Sierra Nevada Celebration ale.  I've got some more of these, and some Deschutes Jubelale queued up.

And now I've switched to Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale.  The best tasting of the three, but I was hoping to not break it out tonight.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
Sure. What do you want to stake? The way we are playing right now we will not finish above Villanova, Georgetown, Xavier, Creighton, or Butler. Heck, even DePaul has a better record than MU right now.

2 12 packs of local brew? Terms being MU finishes in top half of BE by regular season record, including tie-breakers, I win. Bottom half, you win.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
A valid argument can be made that MU's pg is subpar but I don't think an argument can be made for Dawson. He is not any better offensively than Derrick.

I'd challenge that.

Especially when Derrick goes for 1-2 on the night.
SS Marquette

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2013, 11:29:50 PM »
Buzz has done a terrible job with JJJ this year. He's a double digit scorer just sitting on the bench. Not bad defensively either. He might transfer unless his role increases in upcoming games. It would be completely justified too. Feel bad for the kid.

Wait didn't we just celebrate Buzz for being pissed at Homer for asking the same question?
This team is full of hairy wet cats that need to run the table in conference or they are done-zo

Nevada233

• All American
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2013, 11:30:05 PM »

Yea his family was there from New Mexico and never even took off his warm up tonite.

I feel bad for the kid.... Hope he does whats best for him hes glued to the bench at MU.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
Both CU and OSU beat Marq.   Not sure MU in top 68 teams at the moment.  At least the Buzz to UT talk dies down.

feedback