Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: It's Official: Shumpert to GT  (Read 6156 times)

MUCHI814

Re: It's Official: Shumpert to GT
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 07:48:01 PM »
This sucks mainly because when programs land the big time recruits the other pieces tend to fall in place in recruiting.  This could have been that hug recruit for Crean that started an upward trend in recruiting for Marquette.  Oden seemed to do it for OSU and now Georgetown seems to have the same thing going, just to name a few schools.  This hurts more than just losing a good player, but the chain reaction of landing Shumpert could have been huge for this program.  Too bad.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 PM »
We need Buzz Williams' and Crean's magic with Otule to work wonders now.

MU is too good a program to not get someone to fill Iman's shoes. But, I can see his point where he wants PT right away. I'm sure if MU didn't have that problem two years ago we woudn't have gotten Dominic, Jerel and Wesley all in the same class.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
i wasn't around all day and couldn't help but think about the announcement all day. i can't believe it. best of luck at GT mr. shumpert. are the ppl on the GT boards surprised? unc?

Phi Iota Gamma 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:51 PM »
he wants to play right away and increase his chances to get paid as soon as possible is what i took from his news conference. cant blame the kid if thats what he wants.

Didn't GT already get Drew for PG
There is nothing less productive than doing more efficiently that which should not be done at all-Peter Drucker

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »
wow...honestly thought it was UNC or MU...

So did I. Congrats to GT. He seems like a nice kid.
We Are Marquette

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 08:26:22 AM »
DEVASTATING.  I just feel awful...and really feel for Crean and his staff.  They were so invested with this kid.

Sad, sad, sad day for MU hoops.  I know it's hard to see with all the preseason hype and rankings, but to say today's news is a let down, is a dramatic understatement.

Here's the thing. While it sucks that we didn't land our #1 recruit keep in mind THAT MARQUETTE WAS COMPETING WITH UNC AND GEORGIA TECH FOR A BLUE CHIP RECRUIT! As of Saturday the kid was at our Midnight Madness event and one would imagine the decision came down to the wire. It says a lot about the visibility and the health of our program that a recruit the caliber of Iman Shumpert was considering us with our competition being UNC and GT. It's a simple fact that even a few years ago we most likely would not have been in the running for a recruit like Shumpert.
We Are Marquette

bma725

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 09:01:04 AM »
he wants to play right away and increase his chances to get paid as soon as possible is what i took from his news conference. cant blame the kid if thats what he wants.

Didn't GT already get Drew for PG

No, Drew committed to UNC.

feedback