[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2013-14 college football thread  (Read 21978 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: 2013-14 college football thread
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2013, 08:00:44 PM »
In a rarity, you and I agree on something.  Not so much that Auburn deserves it, but my problem is that if OSU played in the SEC I find it very difficult to believe they would be undefeated, yet this is the rationale that voters are using...that OSU is undefeated.  Well, Alabama would be undefeated in the Big Ten as well most likely.  So would LSU and Auburn.  I appreciate that OSU has done some wonderful things, but the schedule means something here.  The gauntlet of the SEC is a lot different than that of the Big 10, especially when OSU has struggled with several Big Ten teams, including Northwestern, Wisconsin, Michigan and Iowa.

LSU lost to Ole Miss, who would have been average in the Big10.  Auburn struggled with Washington St.  To say that LSU/Auburn would be undefeated in the Big10 is a large stretch.

Fact of the matter is you can only play who is on your schedule everything else is speculation.  A lot can happen on the field. 

If you are trying to point out that the college football system sucks then you are right.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
Project out a year.  Under the future system, in your opinion, which 4 teams should be in the playoff?    Of course, if you want real chaos, root for Duke and Sparty.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
LSU lost to Ole Miss, who would have been average in the Big10.  Auburn struggled with Washington St.  To say that LSU/Auburn would be undefeated in the Big10 is a large stretch.

Fact of the matter is you can only play who is on your schedule everything else is speculation.  A lot can happen on the field. 

If you are trying to point out that the college football system sucks then you are right.

Yes, a lot can happen on the field.  USC also lost to Washington State.  I know the SEC is rated #1 this year and the Big Ten #4 in conferences.  The rest is speculation, but I do wonder what it is like to go through the pounding of Auburn, South Carolina, Florida, Texas A&M, Missouri, etc, etc vs playing Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, etc...you actually get some "bye" weeks in the Big Ten that you rarely get in the SEC.  Even Vanderbilt is good this year.  The wear and tear and the level of difficulty is so much harder to go undefeated in the SEC vs the Big Ten, is my ultimate point.  OSU has an easier road.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
Project out a year.  Under the future system, in your opinion, which 4 teams should be in the playoff?    Of course, if you want real chaos, root for Duke and Sparty.   

Bama
OSU
FSU

TBD on 4th team.  I still think Bama is the 2nd best team in the country, despite the loss on Saturday. 

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2013, 09:46:27 PM »

At this moment...Auburn, Alabama, FSU, OSU.

If Mizzou beats Auburn...I'll have to think about it (assuming OSU and FSu win), but Alabama, FSU, and Mizzou for sure. I might think about Auburn over OSU, but probably not.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »
Go Duke, Go Mizzou, Go Sparty.   Inject some real chaos.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.