Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Sinking feeling  (Read 7350 times)

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
Re: Sinking feeling
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »
All in all, I think missing out on a guy like Shumpert hurts MU. But it's not like it sinks the program. It would have, however, launched us into another tier of schools that are capable of landing a national prospect.

At the end of the day, though, I'd say that Crean and MU have done pretty well with three and four star recruits. The sky is not falling MU fans. We just got kicked in the nuts today, that's all.

And hey, GT is a great PG school. After reading about Shumpert and him being close to home, I will say I was overly optimistic he was coming here. Oh well. I'm sure MU won't have trouble filling the 1 and 2, what with the school's history. Crean and his staff may just have to work harder coaching a guy "up" that's all. That and it leaves less wiggle room for failure from a recruiting standpoint.

augoman

• All American
Re: Sinking feeling
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 09:43:43 PM »
my disappointment isn't that we lost a pg, rather that we lost the top recruit out of Illinois (as well as top 15 player in country)- we get tremendous coverage in Chicago papers (usually better than in Mil urinal) because of Illinois players.  When DW3 was here we had 'indepth' coverage. 
In the last few years we've lost the top WI recruits (to UW, Louisville) and now top IL.  Of course we had plenty of guards..., but then, why consider us at all?  We didn't suddenly spring them on IS.
The prestige of landing such a highly rated player would have been huge, and the 'domino effect' on others would have been great.  That's what hurts.