Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Steve the Homer True, in critical condition  (Read 60355 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Steve the Homer True, in critical condition
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »
Prayers up for Homer. He has occasionally posted here. Let's hope he's ok

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 07:57:58 PM »
http://www.milwaukeemag.com/article/11132013-PrayingforSteveTrue

I was there that night...Homer went off script to "pull a stunt" that ended up making the MACC Fund an additional $50,000.  This is not hyperbole, he is one of the best human beings I have ever met; just the nicest guy around.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 07:59:52 PM »
Big time prayers for Homer. One of the best.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:31 PM »
Wishing the best for Homer.  A staple in the small world of MU basketball.  He actually posted here a few times last season.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:37 PM »
Homer and I grew up in the same town.  We traded a few emails last year about it.  Seems like genuine guy.

Homer, get well soon.  You've got a victory to call on Saturday.

MauraDay

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 08:08:42 PM »
prayers coming up from indianapolis.
always appreciate his radio broadcast when i can't get games on tv or online.
get well soon, homer! #WeAreMarquette

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »
Prayers and hoping he gets well soon. Love listening to Homer in radio bradcast.
Goal is National Championship

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 09:00:42 PM »
Steve is a wonderful, righteous man. His broadcasting schtick isn't for everyone, but outside the broadcasting booth he is a man of great conviction.  I pray that he will be OK. 
Ludum habemus.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »
I always loved Homers positive attitude. He answers every call on his radio show saying he is "living the dream!" The dude is always as cheerful as could be and I never heard one negative rant on his show or an MU broadcast, even during a loss. Let's hope that spirit helps in his comeback.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 09:29:15 PM »
Man .. Hampton and Fond du Lac .. I've driven through that intersection 100s of times.

I'm buying a tank.

Milwaukee's angle streets are a great convenience, but also make for some of the most dangerous intersections. Though I suppose drunk drivers can have that impact on any intersection. My thoughts are with Homer.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »
Steve is a wonderful, righteous man. His broadcasting schtick isn't for everyone, but outside the broadcasting booth he is a man of great conviction.  I pray that he will be OK. 

From 2-6pm each day he went to work and did what he needed to do to make a living.  It was the other 20 hours a day where I have known him and as you say, a man of great conviction. He gave of himself and used his "celebrity" as much as he could for countless groups around Milwaukee.  Just a really, really good guy.  God I hope he pulls through.  Too good of man, too young, too much left to do.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 09:46:37 PM »
Man, does this suck to hear. Praying for the best, love listening to Homer on the call, think he represents MU with pride.

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 09:55:48 PM »
"I spoke with Homer's wife, Nancy, tonight," Karmazin said. "She said Homer is doing pretty well and that doctors want to monitor his condition overnight. On behalf of the True family and all of us at ESPN Wisconsin, I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

Read more from Journal Sentinel: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231830721.html?ipad=y#ixzz2kaZEgr51
Follow us: @NewsHub on Twitter

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
"I spoke with Homer's wife, Nancy, tonight," Karmazin said. "She said Homer is doing pretty well and that doctors want to monitor his condition overnight. On behalf of the True family and all of us at ESPN Wisconsin, I'd like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers

Awwww baby (gotta say it like Homer) this is reassuring news.  Homer is an MU institution.  This is hopefully good news that will lead to a full recovery.  Love that man.

The boys will be playing with added inspiration on Saturday.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »
Glad to hear the encouraging report. Prayers to Homer and his family.  Never met him, but feel like I have- feels like he brings his genuine self to his broadcasts.

WarhawkWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 10:08:56 PM »
Homer is as much a part of the team as anyone.  Our cheering Saturday is for a Fast recovery.  We need him back soon!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 10:10:22 PM »
Man, is that great news.  "Homer is doing pretty well." 

Gotta say, I've been thinking of this non-stop for the past few hours.  So unfair, so maddening.  10am in the morning and wham, your life changes in an instant.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
Topper

I am with you and cannot stop thinking about Home and his family. Glad to hear the positive news on the earlier post. I really wish that local news would have reported the positive news. TMJ4 had Homer as lead story at ten.

kcasper13

• Walk-On
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 10:19:21 PM »
As Milwaukean, 2k miles away, he is a guy that brings me back to Milwaukee every time I hear his voice.  Prayers for Steve.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »
Good news to hear Homer is doing well. When it comes to major trauma, Froedtert does a wonderful job. Watching their trauma teams work, the efficiency, the knowledge, and the speed they operate with is really impressive. Considering the type of injuries he likely sustained, he's truly at one of the best places in the country.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 10:52:29 PM »
Fox 6 had this as one of their big stories at 10 as well.  Was very upset to hear about this earlier today - hopefully he'll be all right and back for MU games in the near future.
Relax. Respect the Process.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 11:00:03 PM »
As Milwaukean, 2k miles away, he is a guy that brings me back to Milwaukee every time I hear his voice.  Prayers for Steve.

I'm not 2k miles away, even though it occasionally feels that way, but agree that when I turn on 540 on Tune In radio in my car it feels like I'm right back there.  The commercials for Saz's and Major Goolsby's and it feels like I'm on the 10th floor of Schroeder listening to 1130 while studying during road games.  All it ever needs is George Thompson.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:26 PM »
Unreal. I listened to Homer and Mac on the way home last night after working late last night and thought, damn, Homer even makes a scrimmage against Grambling entertaining.  And over the years, there's no voice more reassuring than Homer's, even when a game goes south on us.  Best wishes for a fully recovery Homer.  Need you back baby.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
Can't be True, someone living the dream ain't driving around in a Toyota Corolla.

JK get well Homer.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2013, 11:30:18 PM »
Can't be True, someone living the dream ain't driving around in a Toyota Corolla[/b].

JK get well Homer.

Steve doesn't get caught up in the BS.  Is your car paid off?