collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Keefe, Ya Gotta Help A Brother Out  (Read 5071 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Keefe, Ya Gotta Help A Brother Out
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:28:53 AM »
Word is Bill Russell tried to pass thru Seattle airport security with a loaded gun in his carry on.
Over the next latte, tell the dude to check his piece.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Keefe, Ya Gotta Help A Brother Out
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
One can never be too safe these days. The Big Man has a Constitutional right to pack heat. This country began to go to sh1t when Gen Joe Foss passed away but really fell off the cliff when Charlton Heston went to the Great Hunt in the Sky.

My biggest disappointment is not that Bill Russell's constitutionally guaranteed rights were violated but that his choice in personal security is a S&W .38. Frankly, I expected better from a man of his stature, judgment, and taste. When I flew, my personal weapon of choice was the Beretta M9A1 with the staggered double stack 15-round mag and Picatinny rail for optical sighting. I never flew without it tucked neatly inside my USAF PVC H170T shoulder harness. Of course, when I was carrying heat it was when I was piloting a USAF A 10 at al Asad Air Base in Iraq and not boarding a United flight to Boston at SeaTac.

Death on call

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
That's enough stopping power for Bostonians

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »
Ah yes,  that same Constitution who classified a certain race of people at 60% of a person.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Ah yes,  that same Constitution who classified a certain race of people at 60% of a person.

Huh?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Major, major, major f up by bill. No excuses. Period

Keefe, just watched a show on Olds.  Dude had some brass.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »
ZFB isn't a fan of firearms. His preference is beau-hunting.

You're not much of a Constitutional scholar there, reinko.

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
ZFB isn't a fan of firearms. His preference is beau-hunting.

You're not much of a Constitutional scholar there, reinko.

Don't claim to be one,  but I love folks that drape themselves in American flag pins, claim that will of the founding fathers is the only thing we should live by,  but fail to recognize Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3.

So please enlighten me.

MUBillsTil2017

• Walk-On
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Don't claim to be one,  but I love folks that drape themselves in American flag pins, claim that will of the founding fathers is the only thing we should live by,  but fail to recognize Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3.

So please enlighten me.

And yet, in 1861 a war started over the states rights to hold slaves.  Ultimately some 600,000 predominately white people bleed out over the question of slavery continuing in the USA.  The question was divisive in America since the 1600's with some states abhorring it and the southern states surviving with it.  I don't know if you read the LA Times recent story on modern era slavery around the world.  The story estimated some 30 million held in slavery today, nearly every one in the Indian sub continent, Africa and the Middle East.  Can you think of any other country that sent so many to fight over the continuation of slavery and gave up so many sons to end it?  Some 148 years ago?  Then at the end gave up one President Lincoln to a slave supporting southern radical.  Yet here we are 2013 and 30 million held in slavery everywhere except North America. 

Enlightenment is over.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 07:07:28 PM »

Keefe, just watched a show on Olds.  Dude had some brass.

If you are referring to Col Robin Olds I am with you 110%. My dad was a Squadron DO in the 8 TFW and flew with Col Olds, including Operation Bolo. USAF fighter pilots would have gone to Hades for Robin Olds. Legendary aviator and American Patriot.

Death on call

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »
And yet, in 1861 a war started over the states rights to hold slaves.  Ultimately some 600,000 predominately white people bleed out over the question of slavery continuing in the USA.  The question was divisive in America since the 1600's with some states abhorring it and the southern states surviving with it.  I don't know if you read the LA Times recent story on modern era slavery around the world.  The story estimated some 30 million held in slavery today, nearly every one in the Indian sub continent, Africa and the Middle East.  Can you think of any other country that sent so many to fight over the continuation of slavery and gave up so many sons to end it?  Some 148 years ago?  Then at the end gave up one President Lincoln to a slave supporting southern radical.  Yet here we are 2013 and 30 million held in slavery everywhere except North America. 

Enlightenment is over.

Woah,  woah,  woah.  I think I remember this said war you speak of.   Yes,  yes.   In the 4th grade Sister Haroldine talked about in chapter 5 of our history book.   I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the enlightenment sir.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 07:44:26 PM »
Sister Haroldine

Is that a real name??

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »
Shemale
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

reinko

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 08:05:24 PM »
Is that a real name??

Indeed sir,  Sister Haroldine and Sister Geraldine,  sisters in blood,  both taught,  at Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary,  Franklin,  WI.

Trolling over of Constitutional law and the like.

Go MU.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 08:14:30 PM »

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »

Keefe, just watched a show on Olds.  Dude had some brass.

Olds flew a bunch of airframes going back to Mustangs in WWII but I have always loved the Phantom. My dad flew F 100s, F 105s, and F 15s but his favorite ride was the Phantom. The Lead Sled had the best lines of any modern fighter. A beautiful, beautiful aircraft.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:41:23 PM by keefe »

Death on call

reinko

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »
Home of Carmex

If you need moist lips,  you know where to go.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:25 PM »
If you need moist lips,  you know where to go.

I have always favored moist lips. Rough, dry, chapped lips are very abrasive. 

Death on call

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

So please enlighten me.

Seriously.

California isn't even listed!!! ;)
SS Marquette

brandx

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »
One can never be too safe these days. The Big Man has a Constitutional right to pack heat. 

My biggest disappointment is not that Bill Russell's constitutionally guaranteed rights were violated but that his choice in personal security is a S&W .38.

The big man only has a right to pack heat where it is legal. Constitution does not give anyone the right to bear arms on someone else's property. You may prefer people on planes with guns or people walking into your home packing heat - but there is no constitutional right for that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
The big man only has a right to pack heat where it is legal. Constitution does not give anyone the right to bear arms on someone else's property. You may prefer people on planes with guns or people walking into your home packing heat - but there is no constitutional right for that.

No kidding. Read what I wrote.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
If you are referring to Col Robin Olds I am with you 110%. My dad was a Squadron DO in the 8 TFW and flew with Col Olds, including Operation Bolo. USAF fighter pilots would have gone to Hades for Robin Olds. Legendary aviator and American Patriot.

Yes, that Olds.  Your dad was in the thick of it during bolo.

Olds was amazing...double ace in wwII and came back from retirement to tear em up in Nam.

There's a really good documentary on Olds on the military channel.  If yor dad flew with him, he might be on the documentary.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 05:23:58 PM by real chili 83 »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 05:34:55 PM »

True story about Chuck.  Back in the 90's (I think) the badgers were in the Rose Bowl.  A bunch of fans got ripped off by a travel agency and did not have game tickets as promised.  They found out when they arrived in Pasadena.  Chuck found out, and personally invited a good number of Badger fans to his house to watch the game. From what I heard, he was a most gracious host.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
True story about Chuck.  Back in the 90's (I think) the badgers were in the Rose Bowl.  A bunch of fans got ripped off by a travel agency and did not have game tickets as promised.  They found out when they arrived in Pasadena.  Chuck found out, and personally invited a good number of Badger fans to his house to watch the game. From what I heard, he was a most gracious host.

I would expect nothing less. Heston had core values that are sorely lacking in today's Hollywood. Heston served in combat in the Air Corps as a gunner on B 25s and was married to the same woman for more than 60 years. Who else could be Moses, Macbeth, Thomas More, Richelieu, Marc Antony, Ben Hur, Gordon of Khartoum, and an astronaut? My favorite Heston moments, though, were his knee-buckling counters to world-class blow hard Ed Asner. Heston popularized the expression, "From my cold, dead hands" as President of the NRA. The man was larger than life, as one would expect of Moses.

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2013, 07:07:22 PM »
I would expect nothing less. Heston had core values that are sorely lacking in today's Hollywood. Heston served in combat in the Air Corps as a gunner on B 25s and was married to the same woman for more than 60 years. Who else could be Moses, Macbeth, Thomas More, Richelieu, Marc Antony, Ben Hur, Gordon of Khartoum, and an astronaut? My favorite Heston moments, though, were his knee-buckling counters to world-class blow hard Ed Asner. Heston popularized the expression, "From my cold, dead hands" as President of the NRA. The man was larger than life, as one would expect of Moses.

So you love men with "big guns"!!

Not my thing, but more power to ya'

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »
Yes, that Olds.  Your dad was in the thick of it during bolo.

Olds was amazing...double ace in wwII and came back from retirement to tear em up in Nam.

There's a really good documentary on Olds on the military channel.  If yor dad flew with him, he might be on the documentary.

One of the greatest Combat Trick F#cks ever, Bolo effectively eliminated the NVAF air-air threat for the duration of the war. The 8th TFW was a legendary unit. Olds was the Wing King and his Vice was Chappie James. My dad and 16 other pilots from the 8th ended up wearing stars. They flew out of bases in Thailand and the Central Highlands. The year after Bolo, it was the 8th that put the wood to Charlie and the NVA during Tet, essentially interdicting the LOC's and isolating all Commie forces in the RVN. There was nothing more fearsome than a 4 ship of Phantoms cleared in hot with a full load out of Snake and Nape.  And nobody did that better than the combat aviators in the 8th TFW.

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:00 PM »
No kidding. Read what I wrote.
You wrote "My biggest disappointment is not that Bill Russell's constitutionally guaranteed rights were violated but that his choice in personal security is a S&W .38."

He has no "constitutionally guaranteed rights" to carry a gun on private property.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
You wrote "My biggest disappointment is not that Bill Russell's constitutionally guaranteed rights were violated but that his choice in personal security is a S&W .38."

He has no "constitutionally guaranteed rights" to carry a gun on private property.

Read my last line...it was all tongue in cheek.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2013, 07:49:29 PM »
Is that a real name??

We had Sister David in 7th grade.  Best math teacher ever.  She was a Poor Hand Maid of JC, from Donaldson, In.  She was a great teacher.  She was also a bit tougher than the infamous Sr. Flourine.  That was a tough nun.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
We had Sister David in 7th grade.  Best math teacher ever.  She was a Poor Hand Maid of JC, from Donaldson, In.  She was a great teacher.  She was also a bit tougher than the infamous Sr. Flourine.  That was a tough nun.

I guess I never understood the convention of nuns taking the names of male saints. I had German nuns at St Mary's Int'l in Tokyo. These sisters gave new meaning to strict. But an all-male expat community likely required that extra measure of discipline since the world outside those walls was rife with temptations that are especially attractive to adolescent boys. Looking back I have no evident scars but feel the better for the rigor of the instruction and enforcement of standards. Pity that this Republic has lost sight of those values.

Death on call

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
Anyone ever had Sr. Mary Elephant?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2013, 08:24:48 PM »

Did you?  That would explain a lot.   ;)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
Never had a nun like Audrey Hepburn...

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »

Peter Rooter, thats the name.....

Smells like dog sh1t, tastes like dog sh1t, must be.....

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 08:58:54 PM »
Nope, she's always on the fly...oops.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »
So you love men with "big guns"!!

Not my thing, but more power to ya'
HE is NOT MOSES...and looked and acted nothing like him. By far my least favorite role of his and some say his best or the one he is most recognized for.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 10:48:10 AM »
HE is NOT MOSES...and looked and acted nothing like him. By far my least favorite role of his and some say his best or the one he is most recognized for.

When I met Moses for a beer I was struck by how much he looked and acted like Charlton Heston...

Death on call

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 11:20:05 AM »
When I met Moses for a beer I was struck by how much he looked and acted like Charlton Heston...
Did you happen to get a look at his toes?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »
Did you happen to get a look at his toes?

I'm doing this from memory but I've sketched out what his feet looked like. Moses said he didn't really want those tablets; all he asked for was some nail clippers but God told him he had to wait a couple thousand years.

Death on call