collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The end of college sports video games?  (Read 5077 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: The end of college sports video games?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 10:33:49 PM »
Yes, as a child she can earn money in acting and various talent jobs like that.  They are out here in So. Cal. quite a bit with the movie, television, modeling industry.

You didn't really answer the question, but certainly got your insults in.

When is it ok for institutions, companies, etc, to make money off various performances (athletic or otherwise) and when isn't?  Seems you are saying bad for college football or college sports, but high school is ok?  Plays are ok?  I'm just curious why you made the cutoff where you did.

Seems a fair question.  I know a company right now that is trying to sell to television providers the idea of carrying high school sports on television in a big  big way.  Should the players be compensated?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 06:19:47 AM »

Seems a fair question.  I know a company right now that is trying to sell to television providers the idea of carrying high school sports on television in a big  big way.  Should the players be compensated?

If and when that happens, perhaps they should. It will depend on the details of course. But that is the answer to the central question, that you know damn well I provided, despite your attempts to suggest that I didn't. EA sports, CBS, ESPN, Fox, apparel mfgs., etc. are paying very large sums of money to the NCAA for various rights. member schools take in millions of dollars in ticket sales, yet plays significant restrictions upon the players everyone is paying to watch. That's the difference. When the same applies to other things like your daughters Cristmas concert, then it can be discussed.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
Really? If that's your defense of the NCAA you might just want to say you agree with me, because its just as dumb as what JB said. Dumber, actually. Is your daughter allowed to earn money? Is anyone paying your daughter's school large sums of money for the right to produce a video game or broadcast the Christmas Concert? If you daughter changes schools, does she have to sit out the Christmas concert at her new school next year?

Typical unprincipled thought.

Is your issue that you believe college sports to be too successful? Doing so well that they simply must share their success? Hate capitalism? For some twisted minds, success equals greed. Sad.

If you were principled you'd also be calling for Little League concessions to give players a cut (perhaps via a trust fund contribution) for popcorn sales during games.

You don't appear to really stand for anything other than attacking college sports. It's selective outrage and the desire to punish achievement (without any thought to the consequences).

No wonder you visit Scoop. You must hate college sports and/or HS recruiting sites with advertisements. Clearly they should be flipping the kids some payola.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »
Typical unprincipled thought.

Is your issue that you believe college sports to be too successful? Doing so well that they simply must share their success? Hate capitalism? For some twisted minds, success equals greed. Sad.

If you were principled you'd also be calling for Little League concessions to give players a cut (perhaps via a trust fund contribution) for popcorn sales during games.

You don't appear to really stand for anything other than attacking college sports. It's selective outrage and the desire to punish achievement (without any thought to the consequences).

No wonder you visit Scoop. You must hate college sports and/or HS recruiting sites with advertisements. Clearly they should be flipping the kids some payola.

Probably your worst post ever.

wait... on second thought, that is pretty hard to quantify.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
Probably your worst post ever.

wait... on second thought, that is pretty hard to quantify.

Disagree, thought his post was pretty good.  Maybe my post will be changed by the G.I.T.M.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 10:40:10 PM »
Didn't know where to put this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/11/08/ncaa-class-action-lawsuit-obannon-amateurism/3479501/

Can anyone translate?

Win for NCAA. Conversation has completely changed from what Hausfeld set out for. The case was based on outlandish nonsense and the court saw this.

Now the ambulance chasers will try to make money by saying in the future kids should be paid. The court also notes - as many of us clearly see - that paying kids would likely cause a lot of schools to 'downgrade' and essentially hose up the system for everyone for what may be very little money.

It's sad. Waste of time and money. NCAA has plenty of things they can be focusing on rather than the defense of total b.s. claims and arguments. But, the plaintiffs will proceed on because the attorneys want $.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.