Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Father Wild has been named interim president.  (Read 12407 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Father Wild has been named interim president.
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:14 AM »
I'm not so sure. Knowing how MU has conducted its searches as of late, I think they wanted Fr. Wild back in the event things drag out.

Agree.  Was referring to the hand-off from Pilarz to Wild, not Wild to the next one in my original point.  I think all parties were not up for FP lingering on till the end of the first semester.

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »
I'm not so sure. Knowing how MU has conducted its searches as of late, I think they wanted Fr. Wild back in the event things drag out.

This is correct. The College of A&S had a dean opening for, what, seven years? Ridiculous.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 08:52:06 AM »
I dunno man, I think you are being a little harsh. If you know anything about Ignatian spirituality it's about discerning what is your proper path and taking decisive action on it. The 30 day retreats (think about that for a minute... An entire month of nothing but self reflection) are super intense and a lot of Jesuits emerge with an epiphany of sorts. It does often lead to a change in the work they do. This sounds pretty sincere to me. I think he realized he wasn't a good fit, had some major weaknesses and was better suited doing something else. He might have gotten forced out eventually, maybe not. But he realized it wasn't the right path for him and acted decisively as soon as he knew. I don't see any bullcrap in any of it.

I'm not saying he is lying.  However he saw that the path before him would not be an easy one.  And I'm not talking about a fundraising campaign and the like.  It was not going to end well for him and he decided to leave on his own terms.  Trust me on this.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
This is AWESOME! The Reverend Bobby Dubs is going to finally get his National Championship!
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »

I'm not saying he is lying.  However he saw that the path before him would not be an easy one.  And I'm not talking about a fundraising campaign and the like.  It was not going to end well for him and he decided to leave on his own terms.  Trust me on this.
'

Right. That's exactly what I'm saying too :-)

Its PRN who thinks this is some big scandal and/or coverup.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
Right. That's exactly what I'm saying too :-)

Its PRN who thinks this is some big scandal and/or coverup.

Perhaps I do need to be more blunt.

PRN is pretty spot on.  He wasn't formally "fired," but he was highly encouraged to think about what he wanted to do in the near future.  He wasn't going to be President of MU much longer regardless of his personal circumstances.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2013, 09:53:50 AM »

Perhaps I do need to be more blunt.

PRN is pretty spot on.  He wasn't formally "fired," but he was highly encouraged to think about what he wanted to do in the near future.  He wasn't going to be President of MU much longer regardless of his personal circumstances.

PRN is spot on?
So, it's a massive scandal and cover up, and probably something sexual?
Er, OK.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
PRN is spot on?
Er, OK.

No sorry.  He was pretty much spot on when he said this:

"If you believe that he's had some great change of vision or whatever he's spewing, more power to you. But the guy was fired, plain and simple."

But yeah, you are correct.  It wasn't a scandal or cover up. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »

No sorry.  He was pretty much spot on when he said this:

"If you believe that he's had some great change of vision or whatever he's spewing, more power to you. But the guy was fired, plain and simple."

But yeah, you are correct.  It wasn't a scandal or cover up. 

I do not have great sources on this - and I'm sure there are many around here with better - but from what little I've heard from people who would know is that it's closer to a mutual parting of the ways than Pilarz being told he must go. Pilarz might not have left on his own, but he wasn't resistant to the nudge either.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
I do not have great sources on this - and I'm sure there are many around here with better - but from what little I've heard from people who would know is that it's closer to a mutual parting of the ways than Pilarz being told he must go. Pilarz might not have left on his own, but he wasn't resistant to the nudge either.

Yeah, I think we are essentially saying the same thing.  He would have been fired, but he decided to leave when he saw the writing on the wall.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »

I've had meetings like that with professional subordinates.

You basically re-outline the position and the current requirements, and you honestly ask them if that is what they want to do.

Sometimes they say "no thanks", and then it's a mutual decision. It's not a good fit. That's fine.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 01:49:12 PM »
PRN is spot on?
Er, OK.
I never said it was "probably something sexual." I said from the beginning it sounded suspicious as hell. And it is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
I never said it was "probably something sexual." I said from the beginning it sounded suspicious as hell. And it is.

You're right, you never write "probably something sexual." Your posts in the initial thread, however, were less than subtle about that implication:

"Something tells me we may be changing our nickname to the Gold Lamé."

"I'm not saying its definitely a sexual issue, but the fact that he's 54 has zero to do with anything. And the fact that nothing has been uncovered has zero to do with anything. Maybe he found a girlfriend? Maybe he thinks he might be gay? Plenty of people have these things happen at 54...just not Jesuit university presidents, which is why it'd be scandalous."

"Um...what is your point? That the possibility (remote as it may be) that our university's president resigned because he's a latent homosexual wouldn't be scandalous or noteworthy? Let me be the first to tell you that, if this were the case, it'd be front page news across the country. "

In reply to .... "The MU Jesuit community is rather large and influential, yet he chose to live by himself in an apartment.  He had reasons why apparently."
You write .... "Smoking gun alert!!!"

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:53:42 PM by Pakuni »

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2013, 02:56:45 PM »
You're right, you never write "probably something sexual. Your posts in the initial thread, however, were less than subtle about that implication:

"Something tells me we may be changing our nickname to the Gold Lamé."

"I'm not saying its definitely a sexual issue, but the fact that he's 54 has zero to do with anything. And the fact that nothing has been uncovered has zero to do with anything. Maybe he found a girlfriend? Maybe he thinks he might be gay? Plenty of people have these things happen at 54...just not Jesuit university presidents, which is why it'd be scandalous."

"Um...what is your point? That the possibility (remote as it may be) that our university's president resigned because he's a latent homosexual wouldn't be scandalous or noteworthy? Let me be the first to tell you that, if this were the case, it'd be front page news across the country. "

In reply to .... "The MU Jesuit community is rather large and influential, yet he chose to live by himself in an apartment.  He had reasons why apparently."
You write .... "Smoking gun alert!!!"

First one was a joke. Second and third were in response to other people's posts, and the last one stands as fact.

Never did I say it was probably sexual.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
First one was a joke. Second and third were in response to other people's posts, and the last one stands as fact.

Never did I say it was probably sexual.

Lame.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »
Website created for the presidential search:

http://www.marquette.edu/leadership/presidential-search.php

Ludum habemus.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
Looks like Fr. Wild didn't want to wait until Oct. 16th to assume his new leadership.  Pilarz has been purged from the Office of the President website and the Pilarz toadies are also now looking for "other opportunities".  If people thought our former President decided on his own to leave, I think this pretty much ends that thought.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/distanislao-mu-vice-president-leaving-post-b99117836z1-227307401.html?ipad=y

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Looks like Fr. Wild didn't want to wait until Oct. 16th to assume his new leadership.  Pilarz has been purged from the Office of the President website and the Pilarz toadies are also now looking for "other opportunities".  If people thought our former President decided on his own to leave, I think this pretty much ends that thought.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/distanislao-mu-vice-president-leaving-post-b99117836z1-227307401.html?ipad=y

Alas, poor Scottie! We hardly knew ye!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2013, 03:52:32 PM »
Couldn't we just solve all of this and have Buzz President, Athletic Director and Head Coach?  He can answer to himself who has to answer to himself who has to answer to the Board, but that's not bad.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »
Couldn't we just solve all of this and have Buzz President, Athletic Director and Head Coach?  He can answer to himself who has to answer to himself who has to answer to the Board, but that's not bad.
+1

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
Him or Corey Williams.  I like that angle.  He works for her now anyhow.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Put 100,000 monkeys in a room with 100,000 typewriters and eventually one of them will write "War and Peace". Congrats on finally having a good idea, but why not disband the Board while you're at it?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2013, 08:47:42 AM »

So, since you said previously that CEOs/President's only need three years for the
Chico's stamp of approval vs. five for coaches, does this push Buzz's "full judgment" period to eight years now?  I see what you did there.

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »
Put 100,000 monkeys in a room with 100,000 typewriters and eventually one of them will write "War and Peace". Congrats on finally having a good idea, but why not disband the Board while you're at it?

You know a university in the UK actually tested this theory?  They actually put monkeys in a room with typewriters.  Well, they furthest they got was a couple of apostrophes and the letter S multiple times in a row.  For the most part, the monkeys just slapped the typewriters around and jumped up and down.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2013, 09:05:03 AM »
You know a university in the UK actually tested this theory?  They actually put monkeys in a room with typewriters.  Well, they furthest they got was a couple of apostrophes and the letter S multiple times in a row.  For the most part, the monkeys just slapped the typewriters around and jumped up and down.

This occasionally occurs on Scoop.