[Today at 10:46:50 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 10:45:04 AM]

Where is Marquette? by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 10:10:34 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Viper
[Today at 09:52:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Frank Ben-Eze is headed to Harvard....  (Read 17792 times)

ecompt

• All American
Re: Frank Ben-Eze is headed to Harvard....
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
84, you're wasting your time citing stats to Murff. He has made up his mind.

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
Well Barro hasn't developed as a postup-----after 3 years of hiding him behind the backboard and having him set picks for guards he has not developed ANY postup skills whatsoever-----how can you feature a guy with no postup skills?----the time to bite the bullet on that was when he was a freshman------now it's too late and so is it too late to showcase the position to recruits.

SJS, if you're trying to tell me that Barro is anywhere near as proficient as a POSTUP as Hibbert or gets the touches that Hibbert gets please explain why Hibbert may be the #1 pick in the NBA 2008 NBA draft-----whereas Barro won't even come close to being drafted!!

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »

SJS, if you're trying to tell me that Barro is anywhere near as proficient as a POSTUP as Hibbert or gets the touches that Hibbert gets please explain why Hibbert may be the #1 pick in the NBA 2008 NBA draft-----whereas Barro won't even come close to being drafted!!

Gee, Murff, I thought a basketball expert like you might have been able to figure this out your own, but I'll explain it to you:

Hibbert is a better and more talented player.

There you have it.  That is all the explanation you need to your question.

As for Barro not developoing as much as Hibbert, I say you're wrong.  Relatively speaking, Barro has made far more progress. 

The fact that Crean uses a guy like Barro (who you admit won't even come close to being drafted) almost as much as JT3 uses a guy like Hibbert (who you admit may be the #1 pick in the NBA draft) is pretty strong evidence that your argument is full of crap.

As I said, when you look at the numbers, Barro is getting nearly as many offensive sets as Hibbert--just 1.6 shot attempts fewer. 

Now you're grasping for straws trying to imply that it makes a difference HOW a player gets his offensive moves.  So what if Barro starts his sets behind the backboard instead of the "wide post"?  You haven't shown me any evidence that HS players care where they start as long as they get their minutes and get their shots. 

Frankly, from what I've read, most of them want to play more like "point forwards" and take outside jumpers.  Most of them know that unless they're 7 feet tall, "posting up" is not what is going to get them to the NBA.

Bottom line:  Barro STILL gets his touches.  He STILL gets his offensive sets designed around HIS skill sets.  And that makes him the focus of the offense almost as much as Hibbert is at Georgetown.