[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Statistics  (Read 28092 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Statistics
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »
This one's a question of mine...

Do people feel intimidated that the software is tracking time on-line?  Too big brother-ish?  Does it cause you to "log off" and be a guest more than you wold if it wasn't tracked?

Just curious...it clearly doesn't bother me  ;)  But we can probably do something to disable that portion of the statistics if it's a concern for people.

dwaderoy2004

• All American
Re: Statistics
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »
who cares...we all obviously have no life if we spend time perusing message boards anyway.   ;)  my total time logged in is like a searing brand of marquette basketball dorkdom. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 06:29:01 PM »
I don't care much for it .. I think the time is way off, so believe it's a bogus statistic to start with .. it's only useful to get a feel for who is on the site a lot.  I'd say disable the display, but keep the stats for our future secret evil purposes.   :o

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:40:54 PM »
I think the time is way off, so believe it's a bogus statistic to start with

I think that's true.  Yes I spend a lot of time here, but no way have I been staring at the site for 6 days straight!  ;D I think it uses a session ID to track it, and that ID only clears out like every 48 or so minutes.  So...If you view the site once an hour, you won't have much time online, but if you view it every 15 or 30 minutes (like I do a lot), it will say you're online continuously.

Sure you can make that session ID clear out faster, but as I understand, it's bad to have it set at anything lower than 40 minutes  because the server has to go and use a process clear these out once they're no longer being used. :(

DoubleMU0609

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 09:23:52 AM »
I don't mind the timer right now, but my opinion of if might change this summer when I (hopefully) have a job.  Having it displayed on the top isn't exactly a number what I want my boss to see...

Speaking of which, anyone in Chicago looking for a 1L to work in a law firm for the summer???

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
My biggest concern is if you will release to the NSA the time we spend reading about mulberry and mulberry bags. There is likely a huge security issue with that the NSA will want. It is probably linked to Gucci bags.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

feedback