[June 07, 2024, 09:44:59 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 07, 2024, 08:14:24 PM]

Incoming freshmen by tower912
[June 07, 2024, 08:06:40 PM]

Ranking Big East Centers by The Equalizer
[June 07, 2024, 05:10:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: What's the most intriguing matchup in this series?  (Read 7027 times)

Aughnanure

• All American
Re: What's the most intriguing matchup in this series?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 12:37:04 PM »
Yes. NBA statisticians keep data on whining.
My comment is not suggestive (do you even know what that means?). It's observational. Stay away from the big words.

As in a subjective observation.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:01 PM »
The Heat shook off whatever "rust" they had and were in control, up 7 at home midway through the 4th quarter. The Bulls simply out-toughed Lebron and co. down the stretch. I'm surpised they won a game this series, and I'll be really surprised if they win another. But then again, they had no business beating D Williams, J Johnson, B Lopez et al. Hats off to a really tough team and a really good coach - they're the pros answer to the Marquette Warriors.

The Heat lost because of that constant weak double team of Nate Robinson. Once he passed out of it, everybody was out of position. And, there rotation defense was slow. Wade's 3 point attempt at the end didn't help either.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
Enough of this. I've been sick and tired of EVERY single Bulls game having to mention his ACL rehab. I completely respect him for his decision. Look at Rubio. Came back and isn't the same. Shumpert lost a step. He's a franchise player with a career-altering injury. Lay off and piss off.

Coming back and playing is part of the process of getting better.  Rubio sitting for six more months simply delays that process.

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 01:02:14 PM »

Coming back and playing is part of the process of getting better.  Rubio sitting for six more months simply delays that process.

I'm getting really sick of this Derrick Rose saga.  Either come back and play, or just tell us you are not returning for the Playoffs.  This whole "I'm not ruling it out" is just a bunch of BS on Derrick's part.  I'm pretty suprised the Bulls got a game in this series.  Hats off to JFB and company on out-toughing LeBron and the Heat, this could wind up being a hell of a series.   

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »
I've never fealt so much vitriol against any fan base than I do against Miami.  I fealt this way even before the SheBron-Bosh signing a few years ago. With the exception of the Dolphins and the U, they don't show up. When they do show up to Heat games, they aren't there until the 2nd quarter.  With the game in the balance yesterday (and Nate at the free throw line with Bull leading by 3 w 15 secs left) they were leaving the arena.  They dress like chumps, whine like pigs, and might be the dumbest fan base in America.  
They've won two World Series and have a gorgeous stadium for the Marlins and its completely wasted by these pitiful creatures of Florida.  
To calm down i must summon my inner Cura Pesonalis chi.  

Can't blame 'em for not going to Marlins games. That team is awful and the owners are criminals.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
Yes. NBA statisticians keep data on whining.
My comment is not suggestive (do you even know what that means?). It's observational. Stay away from the big words.
SZorry, my bad. Meant subjective.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »
As in a subjective observation.

My observation contains at least some anecdotal evidence - I have several non Marquette friends (and non Bulls fans) who loved Wade and his game early on in his NBA career. To a man they consider him the biggest whiner in the game today. I defended him well past the time I began admitting to myself that they were right but no more.

feedback