[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Marquette Football Update by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Update: You are to blame  (Read 12169 times)

RawdogDX

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Update: You are to blame
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 11:50:29 PM »
Too late apology accepted.

Actually i live in vegas now and don't have a five pack anymore.  My motivation for you not wanting to screw up the five pack is purly altruistic for other fans who enjoy that option as well as thinking that it would hurt the chances for MU fans to go.  As for 'as long as you see the game'.  Seriously?  what a dick thing to say.  we just won at their house.  They may win at ours, I didn't think that 'warriors' were so big on excuses, i guess hilltoppers are.

And like i said, your solutions won't work.  You live in an area where there is probably 60k people who want to see the game.  40k of those will want to wear red(12 of the other 20 are already going, these numbers are made up but go ahead and double them, I think that the ratio is pretty accurate).  Many of those are the bosses of season ticket holders, coworkers of season ticket holders, friends of STHs and their significant others.  The problem is that it is common practice for STHs to buy 12 tickets and sell them to people without concern as to who gets it.  They will get those tickets, there is no perfect solution, if anything the 5 pack is part of the reason there isn't more.

And don't comment on my attitude.  I've been perfectly aimiable and friendly, you are the one who thinks we should find a way to by pass the laws of supply and demand(alluded to by MU84).  If you could do that, without messing with your fellow fans,  then great.  I haven't seen a solution that i think would work yet (imo) and cutting it out of the 5 pack would be completely in the wrong direction.  The amount of red would increase significantly, and apparently that would then be the 'reason' we lost if we did.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2008, 07:35:51 AM »
Seriously, we just dislike their basketball team, we shouldn't hate their fans.

you're brainwashed from living in Madison as a youth. lol. we do hate their fans...a lot. They follow a team that has just won recently so they see the team as the be all end all of midwest college basketball. Some have clear thinking but a large number are just stupidly obnoxious (and I specialize on obnoxiousness without trying to sound stupid.  ;) ) there are a few who will understand this analogy...they are like Chelsea fans of English soccer.

jce

« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »
I wasn't kidding when I said UW fans at the game contributed to our crushing loss in 2006.  Any team plays differently in front of 19,000 fans, than it does in front of 13,000 fans and 6,000 enemies.  It isn't just for my benefit that we reduce the number of UW fans smelling up the place. 

That's a failure more due to Marquette fans than it is the MU ticket office.  There are more UW fans than there are MU fans around Milwaukee.  Therefore they are going to get their hands on tickets really no matter what MU does.  I can guaranty you that even MU alums would sell the UW game in their five pack for the right price if it meant seeing the other four for a reduced cost.

feedback