Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Early Entrants to 2013 NBA Draft  (Read 9934 times)

WarriorInNYC

• All American
Re: Early Entrants to 2013 NBA Draft
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:26 AM »
Add Myck Kabongo to the list

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 10:34:16 AM »
Not really. In the past you could go through workouts and get some evaluation, but they changed that. Players declaring have until April 16th to remove their names, which doesn't give them any time for predraft workouts or to get much feedback from the league. Players may declare for the draft after April 16th, but may not remove their names from the pool if they do so after that date. April 28th is the cut-off to declare.

Thanks for that. Kind of a bummer - I always thought that letting kids see where they stand a bit was one of the few things the college-to-NBA transition did well

leever

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 10:40:16 AM »
Maybe that can be part of the wonderlic test.   Part 2 could be how lottery pick Mitch McGary scored only 2 points against soft Zeller, at home.  

B.  Because Tom Crean is the best coach.  Duh!

nyg

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
Add Myck Kabongo to the list

Another first rounder. 

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »
Anyone else surprised no Otto porter on this list yet?  Hoping he and Doug come back; should help the league immensely

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
Per Goodman, Jamaal Franklin from SDSU.  6'5" SG

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
Tough SAT question.  How do you quote another poster in your post without getting your post mixed in with the first poster's quote?  ;)

good question

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 01:26:56 PM »
Anyone else surprised no Otto porter on this list yet?  Hoping he and Doug come back; should help the league immensely
While Porter would add to the status of the league, he needs to strike the iron while he is hot. Besides, we do not need him around next year to cause us problems. Same with McDermot at Creighton.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »
While Porter would add to the status of the league, he needs to strike the iron while he is hot. Besides, we do not need him around next year to cause us problems. Same with McDermot at Creighton.

MU and the NBE would benefit greatly by having a strong Georgetown and Creighton to compete against and build the resume, win or lose.  This first year of the NBE will get extra scrutiny as pundits, analysts, pollsters, and public make opinions.  As meaningless as we think those opinions are, they do affect the committee's seeding and likely recruiting as well.

I'll use your logic here... would you prefer MU schedule a weak non-conf too?  After all, quality non-conference games will cause MU more problems than cupcakes.  By using your logic, we'd want to avoid that too, right?

#feedthetrollsFriday

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »
MU and the NBE would benefit greatly by having a strong Georgetown and Creighton to compete against and build the resume, win or lose.  This first year of the NBE will get extra scrutiny as pundits, analysts, pollsters, and public make opinions.  As meaningless as we think those opinions are, they do affect the committee's seeding and likely recruiting as well.

I'll use your logic here... would you prefer MU schedule a weak non-conf too?  After all, quality non-conference games will cause MU more problems than cupcakes.  By using your logic, we'd want to avoid that too, right?

#feedthetrollsFriday
No, I would prefer MU having an awesome non-conference schedule to include: Louisville, ND, Whisky, Michigan State, Illinois and a day time carrier game against theOSU. Get rid of the Northeastern Southwestern Triangular U's.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2013, 03:45:55 PM »
No, I would prefer MU having an awesome non-conference schedule to include: Louisville, ND, Whisky, Michigan State, Illinois and a day time carrier game against theOSU. Get rid of the Northeastern Southwestern Triangular U's.

That kind of sounds like you should just say you wish we were in the B1G
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 07:28:06 PM »
B.  Because Tom Crean is the best coach.  Duh!
No no no. 

The memo here is this.

When IU wins....cuz of players.
When IU players develop...cuz of themselves.

When IU loses...cuz of Crean
When IU players stagnate...cuz of Crean

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 07:30:16 PM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9163283/a-look-college-underclassmen-decided-undecided-nba-draft-college-basketball

No Marquette players on the list. McGary as a possible lottery pick.

I found this today from Michigan Live to be where my head was at last week....excerpt below

There are obviously concerns with McGary, notably his low sample size of elite performances.

He was a reserve who struggled with consistency all season long before exploding in the NCAA tournament.

He averaged 14.3 points and 10.7 rebounds during Michigan's six-game NCAA tournament run. But averaged just 6.2 points and 5.5 rebounds in the team's previous 33 games.

Are six games enough for teams?

We'll see.

"That's a huge concern," said DraftExpress.com's Jonathan Givony, who has McGary at No. 17 on his big board. "There's so many examples of guys who have had a couple good games in March which was an outlier of anything they've shown previous to that. Then they get drafted 30 spots higher than they would have otherwise.

"And then they fall on their face. There's no question that's in the back of every NBA person's head right now."

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2013, 10:42:25 PM »
No no no. 

The memo here is this.

When IU wins....cuz of players.
When IU players develop...cuz of themselves.

When IU loses...cuz of Crean
When IU players stagnate...cuz of Crean

IU players develop? /halfteal

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
IU players develop? /halfteal

Yes, but despite of him...see that's how it works.  3 star Oladipo becomes a lottery pick despite him.  3 star Jordan Hulls...all Big Ten Honorable Mention despite him.  3 star Sheehey 6th man of year in Big Ten....despite him.  Practice the mantra, it just flows.  You'll get the hang of it.  ;)   / 5/8 teal

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »
Updated P.V.E. (Post Vander Era)

FWIW, same site has 13lue going undrafted.

http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
SS Marquette

slack00

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2013, 02:42:35 PM »

The same site had him entering the 2014 draft as most people did.  He and Jamil Wilson are both listed as mid 2nd round there.  Will be interesting to see if they move him in.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »

Yes. And it hasn't been updated in 6 days.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
4/19 update

Updated mock draft (4/17): http://nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft
SS Marquette

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2013, 08:13:09 PM »
Not much of an update. Didn't McGary and GR III say they were coming back ?

Nvm. Thought your post said 4/19 update.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:14:45 PM by MARQ_13 »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »

I bet that there is still time for Marquette to reject the Big East and switch to the Horizon League to avoid even more problems.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 08:19:46 PM »

I found this today from Michigan Live to be where my head was at last week....excerpt below

There are obviously concerns with McGary, notably his low sample size of elite performances.

He was a reserve who struggled with consistency all season long before exploding in the NCAA tournament.

He averaged 14.3 points and 10.7 rebounds during Michigan's six-game NCAA tournament run. But averaged just 6.2 points and 5.5 rebounds in the team's previous 33 games.

Are six games enough for teams?

We'll see.

"That's a huge concern," said DraftExpress.com's Jonathan Givony, who has McGary at No. 17 on his big board. "There's so many examples of guys who have had a couple good games in March which was an outlier of anything they've shown previous to that. Then they get drafted 30 spots higher than they would have otherwise.

"And then they fall on their face. There's no question that's in the back of every NBA person's head right now."

I know this was about McGary, but I was thinking of Vander the entire time that I read it.  Vander had a better regular season, though.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2013, 09:03:57 AM »
I know this was about McGary, but I was thinking of Vander the entire time that I read it.  Vander had a better regular season, though.

Isn't that a bit extreme? Vander was second team all Big East and the leading scorer on a team that shared the conference title. He was putting up numbers all year long.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.