collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Ben Howalnd fired  (Read 10138 times)

79Warrior

• All American
Re: Ben Howalnd fired
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »
I think Romar gets the job.  UCLA ties, no personal issues and he can recruit. 

How many coaches move and stay within the same conference?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
My opinion on the Buzz to UCLA junk:  Its just that.  Why would he leave somewhere he is loved, paid extremely well, and comfortable.  He would head to LA (LOL Buzz in LA) where the expectations are unrealistic, for a pay cut, and would be starting from (for him) scratch again.

MU_Beav

• Starter
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
How many coaches move and stay within the same conference?

I think it happens enough.  In football, Neuheisel and Erickson coached at conference rivals.  Although not in the same conference, but who ever thought Pitino could go from Kentucky to Louisville?  That one still makes me shake my head.  Hope it's Romar, but I think it's someone else...

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »
I think it happens enough.  In football, Neuheisel and Erickson coached at conference rivals.  Although not in the same conference, but who ever thought Pitino could go from Kentucky to Louisville?  That one still makes me shake my head.  Hope it's Romar, but I think it's someone else...

If it happens enough where are your examples?  I think it rarely happens in college basketball if at all. Romar will not be going to UCLA.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 11:37:44 AM »
If it happens enough where are your examples?  I think it rarely happens in college basketball if at all. Romar will not be going to UCLA.

Tubby Smith from Georgia to Kentucky
Mike Montgomery from Stanford to Cal (with an NBA stop in between).

The fact that it's uncommon doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. Romar is a Cali guy and top recruiter who would fit really well there. He'd take that job in an instant.

feedback