Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Rosiak's Blog] MU releases schedule  (Read 23141 times)

ToddRosiakSays

[Rosiak's Blog] MU releases schedule
« on: September 05, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »
MU releases schedule

At least 11 nationally televised games highlight the Marquette Golden Eagles' 2007-'08 men's basketball schedule, which was announced on Wednesday.

Beginning in November at the Maui Invitational, including a Dec. 8 matchup with Wisconsin and finishing with eight of their 18 Big East games, the Golden Eagles could play as many as 12 total games on ESPN, ESPN2 and CBS. Add in a local TV package that is in the midst of being finalized, and nearly every one of MU's regular-season games will wind up being televised.

One notable change to this season's schedule is the elimination - at least for the forseeable future - of the long-running Blue and Gold Classic. The tournament was set to enter its 46th season, but one of the three other teams scheduled backed out unexpectedly, leaving a hole that MU was ultimately unable to fill.

"In late August, Maine de-committed on a summer-long agreement and informed us they weren't going to participate in the classic," deputy athletic director Mike Broeker said.  "Despite our best efforts and after exploring all options, we were unable to find a team this late in the summer requiring two games, leaving us with no option but to suspend the tournament for this year.

"Scheduling has changed dramatically over the last few years with new multi-game, non-exempt tournaments popping up each season, making traditional two-game classic tournaments like ours very difficult to fill. Long term we'll need to assess whether it's in our best interest to continue the tournament in its existing format."

The Big East portion of the Golden Eagles' schedule will see them play five of their first eight games at the Bradley Center, including the opener Jan. 5 against Providence. Their three road games in that stretch will be among their most challenging of the season - at West Virginia on Jan. 5, at Louisville on Jan. 17 and at Connecticut on Jan. 20.

"You get yourself braced in the league for every game, because it's such a battle," said coach Tom Crean. "I think it's relatively good because we're going to play some of those tougher teams like Providence at home. You can overanalyze all the aspects of the schedule, but the most important thing you've got to realize is that you've got to be battle-ready for every game."

MU will play no more than two consecutive games either at home or on the road and closes the regular season with two of its biggest, at home against Georgetown on March 1 and at Syracuse to close out the season on March 8.

One byproduct of the elimination of the Blue and Gold Classic is it allowed MU on March 4 to schedule Florida Gulf Coast, a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference which will be entering its first season of Division I play.

"We made the decision last year that we wanted to play a game at the very end inside the (last) 10, because that hurt us a little bit," said Crean, referring to MU's seeding in the NCAA tournament.

MU men's basketball schedule

ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL

Sun., Nov. 4 - 6 p.m. NORTHERN STATE (Exhibition)

Sat., Nov. 10 - 7:30 p.m. IUPUI

Mon., Nov. 12 - 7 p.m. UTAH VALLEY STATE

Mon., Nov. 19 - 1:30 p.m. Chaminade (ESPN2)

Tue., Nov. 20 - TBD vs. Oklahoma St or LSU (ESPN/ESPN2)

Wed., Nov. 21 - TBD vs. Duke/Illinois/Arizona State/Princeton (ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU)

Fri., Nov. 30 - 7:30 p.m. UW-MILWAUKEE

Sat., Dec. 8 - 5 p.m. at Wisconsin (ESPN2)

Sat., Dec. 15 - 1 p.m. SACRAMENTO STATE

Mon., Dec. 17 - 7 p.m. IP-Fort Wayne

Fri., Dec. 21 - 7:30 p.m. COPPIN STATE

Sat., Dec. 29 - 1 p.m. SAVANNAH STATE

Thu., Jan. 3 - TBD PROVIDENCE

Sat., Jan. 5 - 2:30 p.m. at WEST VIRGINIA (ESPN2)

Tue., Jan. 8 - TBD SETON HALL

Sat., Jan. 12 - TBD NOTRE DAME

Thu., Jan. 17 - 6 p.m. at LOUISVILLE (ESPN/ESPN2)

Sun., Jan. 20 - TBD at CONNECTICUT

Sat., Jan. 26 - TBD DEPAUL

Tue., Jan. 29 - TBD USF

Sat., Feb. 2 - TBD at CINCINNATI

Mon., Feb. 4 - 6 p.m. LOUISVILLE (ESPN)

Sat., Feb. 9 - 11a.m. at NOTRE DAME (ESPN)

Tue., Feb. 12 - TBD at SETON HALL

Fri., Feb. 15 - 8 p.m. PITTSBURGH (ESPN)

Wed., Feb. 20 - 6 p.m. at ST. JOHN'S (ESPN2)

Sat., Feb. 23 - TBD RUTGERS

Mon., Feb. 25 - 6 p.m. at VILLANOVA (ESPN)

Sat., March 1 - 1 p.m. GEORGETOWN (CBS)

Tues., March 4 - 7 p.m. FLORIDA GULF COAST

Sat., March 8 - 1 p.m. at SYRACUSE (ESPN)

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/archive/2007/09/05/mu-releases-schedule.aspx
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:30:35 PM by mu_hilltopper »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: [Rosiak's Blog] MU releases schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »
Wow.  No Blue & Gold (no big loss) .. Florida Gulf Coast in March?? .. and no new H&H.

herboturbo

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
I'm kind of excited that we have both IUPU's on our schedule this year. 
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
ESPN/ESPN2 against Louisville? Full Circle?

Schoolyard

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:12:19 PM »
Woah...good thing we signed up UWM.  They're the best non conf home game.

This has to be the worst non conf sked ever.

Now granted it's the best Conf home sked ever so I won't complain too much. 

Good thing for MU that they released it after tik invoices were due. 
My handle is Schoolyard but I do my best work at Finley Dunnes...Joe Kenny in '08

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:55:30 PM »
Woah...good thing we signed up UWM.  They're the best non conf home game.

This has to be the worst non conf sked ever.

Now granted it's the best Conf home sked ever so I won't complain too much. 

Good thing for MU that they released it after tik invoices were due. 

The worst ever?? You can't be serious?? Personally I thought it was one of their best when you factor in the possible games in Maui vs. Ok State and Duke. I will post the RPI's from last year and let you decide for yourself.
Maui-Chaminade-N/A
LSU-91/OK State-51; Let's assume Duke (in the champ)-15
IUPUI-211
Utah Valley State-130
UWM-236
UW-4
Sacramento State-302
IPFW-243
Coppin State-246
Savannah State-289

Florida Gulf Coast-1st year as a full DI team.

What more do you want?? TC tried to get H&H's with Texas, Maryland, Gonzaga & Alabama. None of them were willing to play MU at home this year so it couldn't happen.

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Schoolyard

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »
I meant to say worst HOME non conf sked.

And yes I heard the TC spin machine all summer about "possible" home and homes.  Interesting that Coach Crean treats scheduling like matters of national security (he was beyond livid when Bruce Weber once casually mentioned Miller Park might happen) but all of a sudden he talks about possibilities...seems to me like pre-spun damage control.

What would be so bad about starting a H & H at Texas?...I would least be able to understand then why UWM was the best we could do in the non-conf portion.  And this would be the year to do it...no team in AMERICA returns the experience we do.  If any team could handle one extra road game, this team could.  And don't give me budgets...you take a shortfall for this season and realize a windfall next season with Texas and UW at the BC.

At least they killed off the B&G...about time.
My handle is Schoolyard but I do my best work at Finley Dunnes...Joe Kenny in '08

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
already in Maui Invite and at Bucky, a solid team...why add another very difficult non conference game to this season on the road?? if we were to add a team like texas, it's got to be on an alternative year schedule w/ madison...when we play at madison, we play them here and vice versa.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »
I admit, I'm disappointed.  I was really ready to defend this year's home OOC schedule, but just can't.

Utah Valley St - Last year's RPI 130
IUPUI - 211
Sac State- 302
Florida GC - None.  1st year as D1
IU- Fort Wayne 243
Coppin - 246
Savannah - 289
UWM - 236

Utah Valley is the only decent quality opponent.  (I admit, I know nothing about these teams' prospects for next season)  .. UWM is at least interesting. .. but no new H&H .. low-interest games are also low-quality = about as bad as last year.

Last year, at least the low-interest games had some quality .. 7 from last year were in the 100s.  This year, only 1.

The only number that got mildly better is the low-interest figure .. from 10 last year to 7 this year.  All due to -2 OOC games from the BE + 2 games, and the UWM buy game. 

Was really hoping for that one more H&H.  It's the first year ever (?) that MU hasn't had an H&H.

(Seeing the other posts since I started writing this .. we're talking HOME OOC games.  Clearly, Maui and UW are great .. but that doesn't change the slate of games that are being purchased by season ticket holders.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 10:31:15 PM by mu_hilltopper »

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
I can hear incessant whining on schedule in 1,2,..... It is ridiculous that we don't have a decent home and home besides WI out of conference.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 08:59:05 AM »
When did Maine back out of the B&G? When that happened, we should have been begging somebody for a H&H.

Somebody should stage a bonfire for season ticket holders to burn their non-conference home tickets. Having not looked at the day of the week any of them fall on, I expect I'll only attend the UWM game. By my count that leaves 7 games, two tickets to each, at $30 a seat directly into the "round file."

Thanks, Coach!! Where do I sign up for the $100 a plate dinner at Soldier Field?

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 09:10:24 AM »
already in Maui Invite and at Bucky, a solid team...why add another very difficult non conference game to this season on the road??

I disagree.  With a veteran team coming back, the timing is right to sign up for a competitive home and home -- especially if it starts on the road.  MU is loaded with returning talent, with guys who know how to play and win on the road.  This was the PERFECT year to start a H&H on the road.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »
I admit, I'm disappointed.  I was really ready to defend this year's home OOC schedule, but just can't.

Utah Valley St - Last year's RPI 130
IUPUI - 211
Sac State- 302
Florida GC - None.  1st year as D1
IU- Fort Wayne 243
Coppin - 246
Savannah - 289
UWM - 236

Utah Valley is the only decent quality opponent.

IUPUI will be good this year.  They return 9 kids including a guard who missed nearly all of last year with injury (he's their best player)......loaded backcourt, so expect them to be better than the 15-15 they were last season.  They should land up at no worse than 150 RPI

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 09:19:33 AM »
When did Maine back out of the B&G? When that happened, we should have been begging somebody for a H&H.

Somebody should stage a bonfire for season ticket holders to burn their non-conference home tickets. Having not looked at the day of the week any of them fall on, I expect I'll only attend the UWM game. By my count that leaves 7 games, two tickets to each, at $30 a seat directly into the "round file."

Thanks, Coach!! Where do I sign up for the $100 a plate dinner at Soldier Field?

While I agree that the non-conf. schedule is disappointing, I think your dislike of Crean is bleeding through a little too much here.

We do know that the coach has influence over the schedule, but common sense and common knowledge also tells us that there are a lot of people involved in making the schedule (president, AD, opposing schools AD, opposing coach, travel logistics, etc. etc.)

To simply blame one person (coach Crean) is really misguided and silly.

Ultimately he is the head of the program, so I understand that he is an easy target, but I'm not sure he is the correct target.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 09:40:42 AM »

Your contempt for Crean is getting really old.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 10:09:15 AM »
Overlooked in the annual bashing of the non-conference schedule for us fans who don't have season tickets for whatever reasons is this little tidbit from Rosiak:

"Add in a local TV package that is nearing completion, and nearly every one of MU's regular-season games will be televised in some form."

That would be a huge improvement.

My 2 cents on the schedule is that overall, MU will be playing a difficult schedule this year.  One can't just look at one aspect of the schedule but instead should look at it as a whole.  If you do look at it as a whole, the schedule is better now than when we weren't playing in Big East.  I presonally would rather see MU play a Duke, Oklahoma St/LSU game than bring in a better well recognized mid-major game at home but that is just me. 

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 10:14:52 AM »
I agree .. if ever there was a year to have a tough road schedule, this is (was) that year.  

I'm still pondering the fact that this is the first schedule .. ever .. to not have a H&H besides UW.

I honestly believe that Marquette should do better PR on this subject.  Yes, yes, someone is about to say "they can't do that every year, explaining themselves."   -- Yeah, they really can.   They sell an expensive product.

Especially after Crean floats comments about Texas, Maryland, Gonzaga ..  doing something with the PAC-10.   Then a big goose-egg.

None of the ~50 teams you'd like to play .. none of the top 150 teams without high-interest but at least higher-quality .. none of them had room or the desire.  -- No team with Juniors thought hey, let's go to MU this year it'll be rough and we'll get beat, but take them at our house next year with our Seniors, give us an honest chance to knock off a big-name ranked team, take that gamble for a huge resume booster for the season after next.  No team like that. 

And yes, of course, the schedule as a whole will be fine.  Maui, UW, a whopping 18 BE games.   You can't be anything but pleased with the entirety of the year.

It's hard to say which OOC home slate was worse, last or this year.  Close call.

Last Year vs. This year:

7 vs. 1 team  under 200 RPI
10 vs. 7 games "low-interest"
UW game vs. UWM this year (plus the certainty of UW next year, that's a positive)
Finishing a H&H @Valpo vs. No H&H this year, home nor away.

(I put the Valpo factoid on there because I realize, you gotta play an away game eventually for an H&H.  At least it represents the hope of having H&Hs.)

To those who will call this complaining .. I ask you this.  Is it within the realm of human possibility to analyze this? 

mutpm

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 10:22:50 AM »
For budget reasons, MU needs to play 18 home games.  With 9 BE road games, Maui, and UW, MU had no room for another road game.  That's why the necessity to start a H&H at the BC. 

If there is a complaint, it should be that a new H&H starting at the BC should have been set up 2 years ago when they knew Maui was going to happen.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 10:24:04 AM »
While I agree that the non-conf. schedule is disappointing, I think your dislike of Crean is bleeding through a little too much here.

We do know that the coach has influence over the schedule, but common sense and common knowledge also tells us that there are a lot of people involved in making the schedule (president, AD, opposing schools AD, opposing coach, travel logistics, etc. etc.)

To simply blame one person (coach Crean) is really misguided and silly.

Ultimately he is the head of the program, so I understand that he is an easy target, but I'm not sure he is the correct target.

You might be right about my dislike of Crean, but you're crazy if you don't think he makes the schedule on his own. You think he's asking Fr. Wild who he can play? Or our interim AD?  Misguided? I don't think so.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
From a bracketology perspective...

With the emphasis on "it's who you play, and where you play 'em", MU essentially must win at Madison. This is MU's only true non-conference road game, and a loss here would be devastating to MU's seeding come March.

While MU most likely would have advanced to the second round anyway, playing Chaminade in the opener hurts MU. Playing Illinois/Princeton/Arizona St in round 1 would have vastly help MU. MU will most likely get to the title game, but they better hope Duke in on the other bench.

The BE sked will obviously help the RPI, but looking at the bigger road games, MU will have to go 3-3 (or better) with this slate: @ WVU, @ Ville, @ UConn, @ Notre Dame, @ Nova, @ Syracuse. Games at Seton Hall, Cincy, and SJU are trap games, but I would trade a 4-2 record with the first six, for a 1-2 record with these three.

MU's home BE schedule is probably the most favorable MU home schedule I've seen in sometime. 3 of first 4 at home, only one string of back to back's on the road and possible trap games (Providence, Rutgers) are in Milwaukee.

If Marquette can win @ Wisconsin and at least meet Duke in the Maui title game, all should be fine with at least a top 4 finish in the BE. If MU falls at Wisconsin, and we're wondering on March 16th why we're not seeded higher, we can look at our OOC and blame it.

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:19 AM »
So, PRN, what is he supposed to do?  Make other schools play at the BC this season?  Simply put, there was no way MU was going to play another road game this year with Maui and Bucky games.  So, they needed someone to come to Milwaukee.  Now, if you are saying that you don't believe that nobody was willing to do that, then come out and say it. 

You know every year what the deal is going to be.  At most there will be two home non-conference games of interest, more likely there will be only one.  So, when you get exactly that every year and continue to bitch about it every year, I have no sympathy.  I root for Marquette no matter who they play and I enjoy watching the team no matter who they play.  For those of you who are only interested when MU plays top-25 or top-50 teams, then I would consider looking into the 5-game plans next season.  No one is forcing you to re-up your season tickets every year.  I will be more than happy to move closer to the floor once you give up your seats.  Any way you put it, this schedule is about 10x better than any CUSA schedule.  Sometimes I think you all forget that.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 10:34:21 AM »
you are correct but two years ago who knew the BE would go to 18 or that there would be no BG classic?

People can rant and rave every year at this time...all they want...it's sort of like opening presents on Xmas day...it happens every year without fail.  I read the ND article where the ND fans were bitching about no more UCLA or Indiana who were on the schedule for years and Brey put it pretty succinctly.  He said ..paraphrase..." yeah with the new BE schedule we had to trade UCLA nad Indiana for Pittsburgh and UConn (2 teams they did not play last year)"

For whatever reason people in Milwaukee and Sb discount the two added big BE games as "not counting" becuase they are conference games.  Makes me scratch my head but why use reason when making an argument? ???

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
   MUDish

I am sorry but that is completely flawed logic....MU's  OOC schedule will have only a tiny sliver of an effect on our seeding.  It will have a tiny effect only in one way...if we have some bad losses ala SDSU last year.  That is absolutely it!! People.  it will have no more effect. 

MU's sedding will be determined by our conference record and finish along with how we perform in our last 8 or so games and in the BE tournament.  We were "underseeded" last year because we stumbled down the stretch, came in 6th in conference and lost Jerel.  You are absolutely delusional if you beleive last year's OOc schedule had anything to do with our seeding and equally delusional if you feel it will this year.!!!

Here's one for you ....."picture early March  the committee is assembled and Mu is coming off a 14-4 BE record finals of the BE tourney, maybe semifinals, Over all record of 25-6 and ranked #12 in the country a top 20 SOS and a top 15 RPI......and some commitee member says " they should be a 6 or 7 seed becuase of a week OOC"  Not only am I laughing right now but that guy would be laughed out of the room as well.
Ludicrous

Let me ask this question....Say we only played 16 BE games this year and hhad a OOc road game against say Vanderbilt and a home game against say BC.  Would you still feel the same way?  Well folks that is exactly wht we do have but instead those two games are against BE teams!!  6 of one 1/2 dozen of another.  not that hard to grasp.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:56:39 AM by Harrison »

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 10:57:36 AM »

You cry a lot. Your bitterness toward the schedule is simply misplaced. It's yourself you should be disappointed with. You are the one who keeps writing the check.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:38 AM »
   MUDish

I am sorry but that is completely flawed logic....MU's  OOC schedule will have only a tiny sliver of an effect on our seeding.  It will have a tiny effect only in one way...if we have some bad losses ala SDSU last year.  That is absolutely it!! People.  it will have no more effect. 

MU's sedding will be determined by our conference record and finish along with how we perform in our last 8 or so games and in the BE tournament.  We were "underseeded" last year because we stumbled down the stretch, came in 6th in conference and lost Jerel.  You are absolutely delusional if you beleive last year's OOc schedule had anything to do with our seeding and equally delusional if you feel it will this year.!!!

Here's one for you ....."picture early March  the committee is assembled and Mu is coming off a 14-4 BE record finals of the BE tourney, maybe semifinals, Over all record of 25-6 and ranked #12 in the country a top 20 SOS and a top 15 RPI......and some commitee member says " they should be a 6 or 7 seed becuase of a week OOC"  Not only am I laughing right now but that guy would be laughed out of the room as well.
Ludicrous

Let me ask this question....Say we only played 16 BE games this year and hhad a OOc road game against say Vanderbilt and a home game against say BC.  Would you still feel the same way?  Well folks that is exactly wht we do have but instead those two games are against BE teams!!  6 of one 1/2 dozen of another.  not that hard to grasp.

Umm, I'm guessing the compehension level of what I wrote isn't getting through to you Harrison.

I'll answer your last question first. If MU had a chance to play @ Vandy and a home game against BC, and it replaced @ Cincy and a home game vs South Florida, I would ABSOLUTELY, 100% take this in a heart beat. Who cares if South Florida and Cincy are BE teams, they're terrible! Opponents on your schedule absolutely matter, and to think otherwise is insane.

Let's get to your next point. For MU to finish at a mark of 25-6, with those accomplishments you noted, it would get them a high rank, absoltuely. THAT SAID, if MU finished with that mark, and let's say Kentucky finishes very similar, but their OOC wins include North Carolina, Indiana, Oklahoma, and Marquette only has Wisconsin, who do you think will get the higher seed? Let's take it a step further and say that Marquette and Kentucky are the last two teams on the S Curve for the last 3 seed line. You don't think someone on the committee will say "hmm, let's see who they beat, and where they went to play in non-conference?". MU gets bumped down to a 4 seed, and is staring at Memphis on the other side of the bracket in the regional semi's. (normally a 25-6 team isn't getting a 4 seed, but for comparison's sake, it is here).

This happens ALL THE TIME. MU's OOC won't obviously be the ultimate say in where they are seeded come March, but you're insane if you don't think it's going to hurt us. Playing Florida Gulf Coast in March won't do the ol' RPI any favors either.