[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Carmody fired from NW.  (Read 6580 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Carmody fired from NW.
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
Chicos:  Why would you go there?  C'mon, man. Unnecessary.

Because part of coaching a team is also keeping the team's behavior in check. Coaches are hired for the entire package, especially at Marquette.  There are some programs that don't care, if you get wins that's all that matters.  There are other programs that expect kids to graduate, stay out of trouble and win.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »
Kevin O'Neill!

... oh wait ...
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:58 PM »
Because part of coaching a team is also keeping the team's behavior in check. Coaches are hired for the entire package, especially at Marquette.  There are some programs that don't care, if you get wins that's all that matters.  There are other programs that expect kids to graduate, stay out of trouble and win.

I know that.  We all know that.   There are lots and lots of other parts of the entire package, but you for some reason decided to go there.  And you are better than that. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 10:04:53 PM »
I know that.  We all know that.   There are lots and lots of other parts of the entire package, but you for some reason decided to go there.  And you are better than that. 

I went there because the other poster implied that hiring someone else wouldn't have worked out as well.  We will never know in W's and L's column or the other stuff.  It's the entire package, fair game.

Isn't everyone enjoying this year better than last year?  No ridiculous issues with the team, no bad press for the university and we are actually having a better year on the court.  This is ideal, last year was not.  I'm glad the university, Buzz, etc all came together to address it. 

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 02:40:30 PM »
Writing has been on the wall for some time for Carmody.  It was time, but he brought some level of respectability to the program, even if he couldn't get them to the tournament.
I hope the facilities will bring a positive change to things so there will be more to talk about than the best women's lacrosse team in the country.

redforeskin

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 03:11:13 PM »
Chicos:  Why would you go there?  C'mon, man. Unnecessary.

C'mon.  Hoopaloop always takes it to the toilet bowl rim with authority.