Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Worthless chat  (Read 6886 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Worthless chat
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 12:51:11 PM »
I have more faith in Buzz than what Lou Perini did.

Mark Few hasn't left.  Chris Peterson hasn't left.  Have some faith gentlemen....and if he leaves, you have a truckload of money, history, fanbase to go find another good coach.

and don't let next years class out of their LOIs.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
If pillars and lw take away jucos I can see buzz going to friggin coppin state just for spite.  Coupled with lw firing buzz's best friend, goodman's talk how they don't get along, etc. 

tight cheeks this offseason.  We need our proven coaches to stay especially at this juncture.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 01:04:20 PM »
If pillars and lw take away jucos I can see buzz going to friggin coppin state just for spite.  Coupled with lw firing buzz's best friend, goodman's talk how they don't get along, etc. 

tight cheeks this offseason.  We need our proven coaches to stay especially at this juncture.

Monarch has no one to blame but himself for getting fired.  I don't see any chance Buzz blames LW for that.  I am guessing 99.9% of ADs would have made the same call in today's NCAA environment.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »
I honestly did not mean to upset the apple cart.  Hunt's responses just struck me as a little worrisome because Hunt doesnt say "I dont know about Buzz leaving, after all, he said Ill stay as long as MU will have me."  Instead, his responses to the 'is buzz leaving questions' are "well, can you blame him?"  Coming from a paranoid fan, it's not a big deal, but, to me, it's a bigger deal if it's coming from the beat reporter who is very candid in his Q&A session.

Hunt's responses worry people because they are honest, and because he knows as little as we do.

"Well, can you blame him?" is a response that, if Buzz departed for UT for a ton of money and professed about "going home" or something like that, most of us here wouldn't blame him.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 01:09:43 PM »
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
Monarch has no one to blame but himself for getting fired.  I don't see any chance Buzz blames LW for that.  I am guessing 99.9% of ADs would have made the same call in today's NCAA environment.

Not for a Tshirt.  Lets be real about this.  Should have let buzz reprimand him.  Sounded like lw went to pretty far lengths to catch monarch too.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 01:25:50 PM »
Not for a Tshirt.  Lets be real about this.  Should have let buzz reprimand him.  Sounded like lw went to pretty far lengths to catch monarch too.

I know this has been beaten to death, but it is irrelevant what it was over.  A shirt, a pack of peanuts, a duffle bag full of cash.  I am guessing he got fired because he lied.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:04 PM »

Is there a list of offenses where it is acceptable for the AD to get involved and/or investigate?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2013, 01:38:43 PM »
Take the guy at his word but tell him if any other shirts are given out he's done.  I wouldn't have gone to surveillance cameras on this.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
Take the guy at his word but tell him if any other shirts are given out he's done.  I wouldn't have gone to surveillance cameras on this.

In a private business, I think that would be a fine solution.

The problem is, the NCAA is the governing body, and if they find out about a violation before MU comes clean... it can lead to a lot more trouble.

PLUS: We don't really know if this was the "if it ever happens again" moment, do we? It's not like they would have gone public with the first one.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »
I know this has been beaten to death, but it is irrelevant what it was over.  A shirt, a pack of peanuts, a duffle bag full of cash.  I am guessing he got fired because he lied.

DING DING DING

The coverup is always the bigger sin and leads to the downfall.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
When confronted about the t-shirt, supposedly he lied about it.  The crime was lying, not the t-shirt.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:22 PM »
What if I just don't like LW?

Can I blame him then?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »

This.  Why did Myck Kabongo get made an example of for UT?  Not just that he did it.. he LIED.  The NCAA doesn't like lies, and will punish as such if LW hadn't.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
Times like these are when I wish someone in Vegas would let me lay odds on Buzz not being at Texas next year.  I could probably put my kids through college by leveraging the amount of skepticism and doubt around here into a profit.

Heh... that is what prop bets are for.  My guess is you would get terrible odds..... which,, one, tells us how nobody knows what will happen.  And two tells us that Vegas wouldn't believe he leaves (this year at least).

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 02:29:01 PM »
For me it's not a personal thing I don't know the man.  People want to choose sides fine I've given him credit when due.  he has had trouble keeping "the situation" in house though.  Others smell blood in the water so we shouldn't be surprised if national writers have buzz to ..... all this offseason.  These clowns on the local radio aren't enough to make me worry though.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 02:39:32 PM »
For me it's not a personal thing I don't know the man.  People want to choose sides fine I've given him credit when due.  he has had trouble keeping "the situation" in house though.  Others smell blood in the water so we shouldn't be surprised if national writers have buzz to ..... all this offseason.  These clowns on the local radio aren't enough to make me worry though.

I'm not worried about people giving Larry credit. Honestly, I have NO IDEA how much influence he had with C7 stuff. Maybe none, honestly.

But, you seem to out-of-hand believe that Larry wronged Buzz and Monarch... and truthfully, you don't know exactly how it went down... so why do you assume LW is the bad guy?

feedback