'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fanatics Tickets  (Read 7065 times)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
Re: Fanatics Tickets
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
They should have a simple system.  For every game you show up for in November and December, you get a "lower bowl pass" for any game you wish to turn it in for in Jan-March.  Maybe two lower bowl passes turned in = you get to kick any student out of any seat.

I do think the amount of having kids wait around for games to start so they can get lowers is a giant waste of time.  Should be a better way.

Amen buddy. However, the Department would rather let us suffer for their 7 second clip before the nationally televised game starts.

If ticket prices were raised to $200, but I knew where I was sitting, I would pay $250.

They tried reserve seating when I was at MU and it sucked since there would be so many empty seats. The only way to make it work is with madatory attendance for lower bowl seats ala MSU. The only way you can miss a game is with a scheduled class or doctors note or else bye bye basketball seats. Or else do some form of line for lower bowl passes that have seat locations on them given out the day before the game. And if you are not in your seat you cannot get a lower bowl seat for the rest of the year. But I still believe GA is the way to go.

I like the idea of a system, but keep in mind you have to have the infrastructure to institute and administer the system. You have to have the technology and the man-power to track attendance of the students and then "punish" them or "reward" them accordingly.

I'm not saying it's not possible... but obviously it has some additional costs as well as a learning curve for the students and employees.

GA is the easiest to administer. You show up early, you get a good seat. Everybody understands it.

I do like the idea of some sort of line (maybe at the union) the night before the game so students can sit inside and receive vouchers for lower bowl. I know it's not perfect, but it would prevent kids from having to stand outside in January for 5 hours. I know it's kind of romantic to view that as dedication (which it certainly is), but its kinda ridiculous and somewhat dangerous given some of the cold temps.

I know it's kinda fun for students to pound beers and stand on the sidewalk all day, but it only takes one accident to make that practice and the MU ticket policy look pretty silly.

EDIT: For full disclosure, I used to stand outside the Bradley and pound beers in the cold as well, and I loved it. I'm just saying that it's a situation where if an accident or fight or something did happen, MU could get a black-eye in the public because they didn't set up a system to prevent it from happening.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:20:59 AM by 2002mualum »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »
We can pound beers now? ;D

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »

However, the Department would rather let us suffer for their 7 second clip before the nationally televised game starts.

You hit the nail on the head.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »
We can pound beers now?

It's possible... its all a mater of not getting caught.. Ive done it before

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
Wait, the students don't drink in line anymore?

Admittedly, I haven't had to stand in line in 5 years... but we used to go crazy when we had to stand outside. I think each guy had a 12 pack in his coat. We even used to buy coats specifically with a lot of pockets so we could sneak the maximum amount of beer into the game.

Our row used to be covered in beer cans by the end of the game.

Great times, indeed.

Secret of the Ouse

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
its harder to so that now,  its real easy to sneak in beers, but security watched us a lot last year and would take all the beers if they caught you or someone by you drinking

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
its harder to so that now,  its real easy to sneak in beers, but security watched us a lot last year and would take all the beers if they caught you or someone by you drinking

Bring beer cans, pour beers into cup down by your feet. Repeat until you can hardly walk and you are horse from yelling at Jobey Thomas the entire game.

Not sure how to get away with it outside, but inside the game you should be able to manage.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »
As someone who spent a LOT of time outside the BC in my 4 years, I had a couple ideas on how to improve it. First, cap the amount of Fanatic tickets available to the lower bowl sections, and 2 upper deck sections. Create demand for the tickets. That way, you have a fuller looking section, and are able to sell some of those seats that are empty for all of 2 games a year. To be honest, the extra students that are that high up for big games are *usually* too drunk to know what the hell is going on, show up late, and leave early. Not a huge loss, IMO.

I think there should be a mix of reserved and gen admit seating. For example, they have the Gold and Blue wristbands for each game. Make people pay more, but then they are assured a wristband for 225, 224, and 106. That way they still have to wait, and it discourages some of the people who go to 106 just to get on TV, sit down during Ring Out Ahoya, and try to start chants they used in High School.

There are people who don't mind waiting for hours (it's fun at times, but I was over it by the time last season ended) and they'll still do it. For the rest, it allows people to cut down the time outside, which is helpful.

Doubt it will ever happen, but it's an idea.

feedback