[Today at 05:53:49 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Schedule....  (Read 4887 times)

muguru

• All American
Schedule....
« on: August 24, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
I have exhaustively searched 100's of schools schedules to try to find MU opponents for this year, and have come up with nothing. That's unbelievable. I am willing to bet that at least 200-250 schools have released their non conference schedules, and I have come up empty on each and every one of them. Nada, zilch.

By this time last year we had pretty well pieced together their non conference schedule. The only opponent anyone has found other then the previously knowns(UWM,UW, Maui) is Coppin State. This is the ONLY beef I have with the hoops program. Why is the fricking schedule released so late every year?? You can't tell me it isn't already known?? I swear MU's schedule is the most closely guarded secret in all of NCAA hoops. Most schools fans can piece their's together by looking at other schools schedule releases. Not MU fans, not this year anyway.  >:(
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Schedule....
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »
I bet you made the mistake by scouring the Division I schools! ;)
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
Look For Creanisms...
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »
like games vs. former asst. coaches (Lewis), games in Michigan (Oakland University), or games vs. UW campuses (UW-Stevens Point).
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jmayer1

• All American
Re: Look For Creanisms...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »
Hahahahaha, this is sooooooo funny!!!! It is the first time you have expressed your displeasure for Crean.  Why don't we go back 8, 15, 25 years to when Marquette 's basketball program was a joke.  Your constant pissing and moaning is getting really annoying.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
I have exhaustively searched 100's of schools schedules to try to find MU opponents for this year, and have come up with nothing. That's unbelievable. I am willing to bet that at least 200-250 schools have released their non conference schedules, and I have come up empty on each and every one of them. Nada, zilch.

By this time last year we had pretty well pieced together their non conference schedule. The only opponent anyone has found other then the previously knowns(UWM,UW, Maui) is Coppin State. This is the ONLY beef I have with the hoops program. Why is the fricking schedule released so late every year?? You can't tell me it isn't already known?? I swear MU's schedule is the most closely guarded secret in all of NCAA hoops. Most schools fans can piece their's together by looking at other schools schedule releases. Not MU fans, not this year anyway.  >:(

It's not Marquette--it's the Big East.  The schedule will come out after Labor Day.
Ludum habemus.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Look For Creanisms...
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:58:22 PM »
like games vs. former asst. coaches (Lewis), games in Michigan (Oakland University), or games vs. UW campuses (UW-Stevens Point).

All-FAT, no meat.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
Getting bent out of shape because of a lack of schedule knowledge seems a bit off the deep end.   What, you gotta get your bets in early or something?  The schedule is released around the same time each year .. usually with the comment that they were working on deals up until the very end.

Besides that .. thanks for doing that.   I'm amazed between the 3 of us, we haven't uncovered a single other game, and most of the ones that were checked were exactly the type of schools we load up on, i.e., the Morgan States of the world.  Very odd.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 11:43:01 PM »
One of our exhibitions will be against Div II Northern State University on either Nov. 4th or 5th per their schedule here: http://www.northern.edu/athletics/Depthome/mbb/Schedules/07-08Schedule.htm
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 11:52:26 PM »
Getting bent out of shape because of a lack of schedule knowledge seems a bit off the deep end.   What, you gotta get your bets in early or something?  The schedule is released around the same time each year .. usually with the comment that they were working on deals up until the very end.

Besides that .. thanks for doing that.   I'm amazed between the 3 of us, we haven't uncovered a single other game, and most of the ones that were checked were exactly the type of schools we load up on, i.e., the Morgan States of the world.  Very odd.

That  is the strange part...I too checked the normal culprits first(Morgan St etc) and still found nothing. It was starting to give me hope we might see some different, higher RPI teams this year. Now I am pretty much out of good teams schedules to check. :(

Normally by now we at least know the teams competing in the Blue-Gold classic. Very Strange.

I will say this...I am normally not one to complain ever about the schedule. I go to see MU win, not the opponent. But, if TC has another DII opponent on the schedule with them already playing DII Chaminade, then I will do some complaining.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 08:46:15 AM »
Nice find, Spiral.

Meh .. the Maui people seeded us #1 and therefore gave us the easiest path to the next round, which means playing Chaminade.  It happens.  So yup, it looks like we play two D2 schools this year.  But only one of them you have to pay for.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 11:28:04 AM »
After all of the kvetching about last year's schedule, our RPI ended up in the low 20's, even finishing the regular season as we did.  So, we go to Maui this year, and are getting 'punished' for potentially being a good team by getting Chaminade in the first round, and still the kvetching about the schedule.    If the team plays to its potential, the RPI and SOS will be fine, conference play bringing them up into the teens and 20's if they play well.   Relax.   It is going to be an exciting year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 12:10:22 PM »
Nobody is complaining about our potential RPI. It's the idea of flushing money down the toilet because MU makes season ticket holders pay for the pleasure of watching a D2 team.

That said, from what I've seen, I think this year's will be an improvement over last year.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
I checked EVERY D1 official team site last night.  about 1/3rd did not have a schedule posted yet and quite a few more did not have a complete schedule posted (I would say nearly half of the D1 teams still have more schedule to release).  I found no more MU games on those that did.  I also checked every D2 official team site last night up until I found the northern state university one.  I seem to remember something about being limited to playing one D2 school every year.  Am I right on that?

I went based on that logic anyhow.. so I figured Chaminade is that one and the one of our two remaining exhibitions would have been another D2 one (that doesn't count).. I also figured that the last exhibition would probably be a private scrimmage with another D1 school like we did last year with Kansas St.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Schoolyard

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 04:24:09 PM »

That said, from what I've seen, I think this year's will be an improvement over last year.

What do you base this off? An extra BE game?  B/C right now our best pre conf home game is UWm, whereas last year it was Bucky.

I have no beef with our road sked pre conf, but I think the BC will be a boring place until conf starts.  Of course a good home and home could still be announced and course we do have the BE to look forward to, which is a pretty decent conf.

My handle is Schoolyard but I do my best work at Finley Dunnes...Joe Kenny in '08

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »
I don't think the OOC home schedule will be all that great, but the season ticket package will be better, and that's what he's alluding to.

+1 BE game, which also means -1 OOC home creampuff, +1 UWM.   I have confidence there'll be one new H&H.   Since last year pegged the low-interestometer at 10, this year will be closer to 5-6.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
Spiral, I too have been scrounging like nobody's business. I guess we know the teams MU WON'T be playing at least. I'm wondering if one answer may lie in the new DI transitional schools this year, like North Dakota State was last year?? This just seems like a game MU would schedule. Once I figured out who those schools would be, I checked their schedules as well....Nope. Presbyterian College has released their schedule, no MU. USC-Upstate is another newbie....No MU.

The only other newbie that I am aware of is North Carolina Central and
they haven't yet released their schedule. There may be more DI newbies (I heard also maybe Florida-Gulf Coast),but who they are, or where you could find the info, I don't know??

romey

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:22 PM »
I have an idea -let's wait a week and then we'll know.  I thought I had a lot of free time on my hands.

ilovefreeway

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 06:11:13 PM »
"I checked EVERY D1 official team site last night."

I had sex ;)

muguru

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »
Because I have some time, and I eat breathe and sleep MU BB, here is a list of teams who have NOT yet released schedules. Some schedules you had to check their summer prospectus to find, others, I searched message boards. If anyone that has also checked(Spiral) and has found some of these, please let me know. 104 of the 330 schools remain. 105 counting MU.

Air Force
Alabama State
Alcorn State
Arkansas
Arkansas State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Army
Ball State
Bethune-Cookman
Buffalo
Campbell
Central Michigan
Chicago State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Delaware State
Drexel
East Carolina
Evansville
Fairfield
Farleigh Dickenson
Florida A&M
Florida International
Florida Atlantic
Fordham
Fresno State
Grambling State
High Point
Houston
IUPU-Fort Wayne
IUPUI
Jackson State
Jacksonville State
James Madison
Lafayette
Lehigh
Long Island-Brooklyn
Louisiana-Lafayette
Louisiana-Monroe
Loyola-Chicago
Maine
Marshall
Maryland-Baltimore County
Miami(Ohio)
Mississippi State
Monmouth
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Orleans
Nicholls State
Norfolk State
North Carolina-Wilmington
North Texas
Northeastern
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Northern Illinois
Oklahoma
Old Dominion
Pennsylvania
Portland State
Prairie View A&M
Radford
Rhode Island
Rice
Rider
Sacramento State
Saint Mary's
Saint Peter's
San Diego
San Diego State
San Francisco
Santa Clara
Savannah State
Siena
South Dakota State
SMU
Southern Miss
Stanford
Stephen F Austin
Stetson
Stony Brook
Tenn Tech
Tenn-Martin
Texas A&M CC
TCU
Texas Southern
Texas State
Texas-Pan American
Texas-San Antonio
The Citadel
Troy
Tulane
Tulsa
Utah Valley State
Virginia Commonwealth
VMI
Wagner
Western Illinois
Western Michigan
William & Mary
Wofford
Xavier

Not a lot of greatness left, but certainly some decent RPI schools. I have a feeling though that Nicholls State(292), Alcorn State(320) or Norfolk State(282) will be on the schedule. One of those three....that is my bet.  :)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:32:14 PM by muguru »

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »

I had sex ;)
enough about rosey, we want to talk MU basketball here!

Because I have some time, and I eat breathe and sleep MU BB, here is a list of teams who have NOT yet released schedules. Some schedules you had to check their summer prospectus to find, others, I searched message boards. If anyone that has also checked(Spiral) and has found some of these, please let me know. 104 of the 330 schools remain. 105 counting MU.
The best source I used was the official sites for each school.. I found an easy list here:
http://www.geocities.com/jrshooter/d1links.html
and
http://www.siue.edu/ATHLETIC/d1/mbb.html
MOST sites linked from there are arranged in one of about 5 ways - makes it easy to quickly find the schedule page.. is this list only of those schools that have no schedule or does it include schools that only have a partial schedule out?  Some schools I came across only had conference games listed or vice versa.. some even only had one or two games listed total.

Also, as an FYI - I found an easy list for D2 teams here:
http://www.siue.edu/ATHLETIC/d2/mbb.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:17:11 PM by spiral97 »

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
Don't mean to get off-track here, but I was scouring the 104 sites for a schedule and I found this: I wondered where this Wisconsite went!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:00:04 PM by 77ncaachamps »
SS Marquette

muguru

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 11:01:58 PM »

I had sex ;)

The best source I used was the official sites for each school.. I found an easy list here:
and
MOST sites linked from there are arranged in one of about 5 ways - makes it easy to quickly find the schedule page.. is this list only of those schools that have no schedule or does it include schools that only have a partial schedule out?  Some schools I came across only had conference games listed or vice versa.. some even only had one or two games listed total.

This list is every school that had no schedule at all or only conference schedules (those won't do us much good). For MOST of the partials, I dug deeper(message boards if I could find them) and generally found the remaining games. Other partials were missing a game or two or three and I deduced from those that MU would not be on their schedule. You can tell by who they already are playing, and whether MU fits. In one or two cases, their missing games where when MU would be in Maui.

That 2nd link is fantastic, much better then the one I had been using, it even has the DI transitional schools listed,I was right on all of them  :). Thanks much for the link!!! I will start hunting again Monday, I assume we will see a few schedules released almost every day or so now.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 11:08:48 PM by muguru »

77ncaachamps

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 12:04:25 AM »

I had sex ;)

and

This list is every school that had no schedule at all or only conference schedules (those won't do us much good). For MOST of the partials, I dug deeper(message boards if I could find them) and generally found the remaining games. Other partials were missing a game or two or three and I deduced from those that MU would not be on their schedule. You can tell by who they already are playing, and whether MU fits. In one or two cases, their missing games where when MU would be in Maui.

That 2nd link is fantastic, much better then the one I had been using, it even has the DI transitional schools listed,I was right on all of them  :). Thanks much for the link!!! I will start hunting again Monday, I assume we will see a few schedules released almost every day or so now.

SS Marquette

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 09:19:19 PM »
Narrowed down your list a bit but did not find anyone that plays MU

heres whos left

Air Force
Alabama State
Alcorn State
Arkansas State
Arkansas-Pine Bluff