Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Texas  (Read 33052 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Texas
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
Crean had a better understanding of what it meant to be a Marquette student-athelete than Buzz does.

Does that include directing student athletes to blatantly lie about getting hit in face by an elbow thrown by an opponent? As recent video evidence proves, Coach Crean orders his players to lie and cheat. The man is beneath our contempt.

Death on call

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
I can't imagine what this board would be if, God forbid, Buzz does leave.......Crean and Buzz 24/7

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2013, 02:59:24 PM »
No, it was showing the hypocrisy that is on this board...#4 Michigan craps the bed to a winless conference team vs IU losing to a team that has many good wins already this season.  I'm sorry you don't see the difference, then again you think ripping on a coach's wife is ok and not classless or calling someone a poster that they aren't.  I can't help you.

I don't recall asking for your help, so I'm good.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2013, 03:03:15 PM »
Does that include directing student athletes to blatantly lie about getting hit in face by an elbow thrown by an opponent? As recent video evidence proves, Coach Crean orders his players to lie and cheat. The man is beneath our contempt.

In what world does trying to draw a foul - a common strategy used by every coach - qualify as lying and cheating? I mean, you don't think MU coaches instruct players on how to sell a charge?
CDS = Crean Derangement Syndrome.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2013, 03:08:36 PM »
In what world does trying to draw a foul - a common strategy used by every coach - qualify as lying and cheating? I mean, you don't think MU coaches instruct players on how to sell a charge?
CDS = Crean Derangement Syndrome.

There is a difference between standing in the lane and trying to draw a charge. That is not what happened at Minnesota. Crean directed his players that the first to the ball would man up while Sheehey came from behind and fake getting elbowed. A flop is one thing but holding your face while falling down then writhing in pain on the floor? It continued as Sheehey stood up and walked to the sideline holding his face as if Tyson has cold cocked him. Sheehey couldn't even keep a straight face. meanwhile Tanned Tommy was running around, screaming about his man was injured demanding a flagrant 2. That guy should be disciplined. He is a disgrace to mentors and leaders everywhere.

Death on call

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
There is a difference between standing in the lane and trying to draw a charge. That is not what happened at Minnesota. Crean directed his players that the first to the ball would man up while Sheehey came from behind and fake getting elbowed.

No, that's not what Crean said. You're making stuff up now.

http://deadspin.com/5987330/did-tom-crean-tell-his-indiana-players-to-flop-late-in-last-nights-loss-to-minnesota-heres-what-he-said-according-to-a-lip-reader?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Do you think that guy is buzz?  I am not sure the average UT BB fan would even know who buzz is. Knowing how Texans think, they would want someone like Phil Jackson or coach k.

+1

If UT thinks they are the second coming of the 1970s UCLA, why would they think Buzz is the missing piece?

And regarding UT being a top job, yes Texas is fertile ground and the top FOOTBALL program.  But the state also has A&M, Houston, Baylor, Larry Brown at SMU, Texas Tech ... and Oklahoma and OK State are nearby.  It has tons of competition too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:24:20 PM by AnotherMU84 »

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2013, 03:34:37 PM »
Please delete this before it turns into a crap storm. It would be for the good of humanity, and this board.

IF ONLY.  5 pages of this depressive case "Buzz is
leaving, WOE IS ME/US" garbage. 

And if we're going to warn about trolling, I think the
original post did a WAY better job than Chicos. 

Sooooooo.  When's fishing start?

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/seasons/index.html

Abode4life

• Team Captain
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
IF ONLY.  5 pages of this depressive case "Buzz is
leaving, WOE IS ME/US" garbage. 

And if we're going to warn about trolling, I think the
original post did a WAY better job than Chicos. 

Sooooooo.  When's fishing start?

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/fishing/seasons/index.html

Only on Scoop would a thread about Buzz going to texas turn into a Crean sucks, he's a liar and a cheater thread....

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
There is a difference between standing in the lane and trying to draw a charge. That is not what happened at Minnesota. Crean directed his players that the first to the ball would man up while Sheehey came from behind and fake getting elbowed. A flop is one thing but holding your face while falling down then writhing in pain on the floor? It continued as Sheehey stood up and walked to the sideline holding his face as if Tyson has cold cocked him. Sheehey couldn't even keep a straight face. meanwhile Tanned Tommy was running around, screaming about his man was injured demanding a flagrant 2. That guy should be disciplined. He is a disgrace to mentors and leaders everywhere.

It is clear that Sheehey flopped.  It is clear that Sheehey was trying to hit Hollins' elbow with his face.  It is clear that Crean was making elbow gestures in the huddle.

However, it is not a foregone conclusion that Crean drew up or instructed Sheehey's actions.

Although, it is abundantly clear that Sheehey is not a drama major.  If he is, he should be deemed academically ineligible immediately.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2013, 04:22:33 PM »
It is clear that Sheehey flopped.  It is clear that Sheehey was trying to hit Hollins' elbow with his face.  It is clear that Crean was making elbow gestures in the huddle.

However, it is not a foregone conclusion that Crean drew up or instructed Sheehey's actions.

Although, it is abundantly clear that Sheehey is not a drama major.  If he is, he should be deemed academically ineligible immediately.

Listen to the video I linked. It is the second of the two. Crean lays it out pretty clearly.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2013, 06:24:39 PM »

Really?  Stop.  You have no idea what was said in that huddle and even the "professional lip reader" said so as well...so stop.  Seriously, stop.  It was a game, they lost, they tried to win, tried to gain an advantage....are you telling me that our players blatantly lie when the ball goes out of bounds and they all point our way when they know it isn't?  

I listened to your video...the first one has both ESPN announcers saying what a great move it was and absolutely they should try to get a foul called.  The second one says nothing of the kind...you make it sound like Crean is talking and it's the ESPN announcers. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:29:52 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »
I can't imagine what this board would be if, God forbid, Buzz does leave.......Crean and Buzz 24/7

LOL, it is so true.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
Really?  Stop.  You have no idea what was said in that huddle and even the "professional lip reader" said so as well...so stop.  Seriously, stop.  It was a game, they lost, they tried to win, tried to gain an advantage....are you telling me that our players blatantly lie when the ball goes out of bounds and they all point our way when they know it isn't?  

I listened to your video...the first one has both ESPN announcers saying what a great move it was and absolutely they should try to get a foul called.  The second one says nothing of the kind...you make it sound like Crean is talking and it's the ESPN announcers. 

Really? Get the sh1t out of your ears. In the second video that is Tanned Tommy speaking. Look at his gestures and listen to what he is saying. The title of the vid is "Crean saying watch for the elbows." You might take a tour through the Blogosphere and read what the entire college basketball world is saying about Tanned Tommy. If they didn't despise him before they got a dose now.

Here is the link. Again, it's the second vid titled, "Crean saying watch for the elbows." I listened with my Bose Noise Cancelling headphones. You can hear it a lot better that way.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/crean-instructed-ius-sheehey-to-flop/

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
Really? Get the sh1t out of your ears. In the second video that is Tanned Tommy speaking. Look at his gestures and listen to what he is saying. The title of the vid is "Crean saying watch for the elbows." You might take a tour through the Blogosphere and read what the entire college basketball world is saying about Tanned Tommy. If they didn't despise him before they got a dose now.

Here is the link. Again, it's the second vid titled, "Crean saying watch for the elbows." I listened with my Bose Noise Cancelling headphones. You can hear it a lot better that way.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/crean-instructed-ius-sheehey-to-flop/

You are absolutely dreaming.  Number one, there is no microphone in the huddle.  Period.  That is Dan Dakich talking at the end that you are hearing.  You can't hear anything that Coach Crean is saying.  Nothing.  There is no microphone to pick up anything.  You are reaching, big time here. 

If what you say is true, then why would Deadspin have to "hire" a lipreader?  DUh

Goose

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:30 AM »
Little Murs

If Buzz would leave it would be different IMO. The TC haters will be there but do not think there would be Buzz haters. If he left it would be a business/family decision and I think most would accept it. I have finally come the realization that MU really is in grey area and keeping a star coach is very difficult, especially with watered down new conference. a lot has changed in NCAA since Buzz got here and it will continue to change moving forward.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »
You are absolutely dreaming.  Number one, there is no microphone in the huddle.  Period.  That is Dan Dakich talking at the end that you are hearing.  You can't hear anything that Coach Crean is saying.  Nothing.  There is no microphone to pick up anything.  You are reaching, big time here. 

If what you say is true, then why would Deadspin have to "hire" a lipreader?  DUh
 Agreed.  I only hear Dakich talking.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2013, 11:07:31 AM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=110&f=2440&t=11235618

The Texas scout board isn't that active.   This thread has a tangential discussion of who they would like to replace Barnes.   Buzz not on the list.   FWIW, the posters who took the time said Brad or Shaka. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2013, 11:28:24 AM »
Worst thread ever.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2013, 11:41:56 AM »
Worst thread ever.

That is saying a hell of alot.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:48 AM »
Anyone know if Crean does any fishing?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »
 Agreed.  I only hear Dakich talking.

I was just effing with Chicos.

Death on call

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:24 AM »
Buzz would kill it in Texas.  The State in 2012 and 2013 had 8 ***** and 13 ****.  (Rivals)Texas has more home grown fans then any other school in the state.  Buzz would land 3-4 of the above every year.

I would not blame Larry or Buzz going home to take the Texas Job, and about 10 other Jobs would fall in that category.  If he leaves for a non top 10 type spot then I would have a problem with Larry and the Admin.  

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
Little Murs

If Buzz would leave it would be different IMO. The TC haters will be there but do not think there would be Buzz haters. If he left it would be a business/family decision and I think most would accept it. I have finally come the realization that MU really is in grey area and keeping a star coach is very difficult, especially with watered down new conference. a lot has changed in NCAA since Buzz got here and it will continue to change moving forward.

Okay, not Buzz, but Larry Williams would be in for it.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.