[Today at 03:21:55 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fanatics Tickets  (Read 7107 times)

spartan3186

• All American
Fanatics Tickets
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:29:16 PM »
Any current students (or alumni for that matter) heard anything about fanatics tickets yet? I have yet to hear about them. Usually by this point I already have my tickets

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
Re: Fanatics Tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
Becoming a Fanatic is easier than ever. All students will receive an e-mail in their EMARQ account upon arriving to campus in August, with instructions on how to sign up for the 2007-08 season.

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/fanatics/what-is-a-fanatic.html

That's all I know of, but you're right, we usually have the forms and such by now.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 11:34:44 PM »
At the freshman athletic picnic I stole a bag and inside it had a sheet of paper saying we would have the chance to buy them no later than September 15th.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »
Ha, athletic department is disarray it seems.

Looks like the 'point system' isn't around anymore either.

Gwaki

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 11:07:50 AM »
Well I have been told that Ben Simon left athletics and the point system was his "Poster idea"  But I was also told by people in athletics that it is still going to be there.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 12:05:19 PM »
We have a few MU co'op students here at work.  One of them just told me the student ticket prices jumped from ~$55 last year to ~$160+ this year.

Wow, that is a big jump.  Is this correct?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
Whoa. I'm not even sure I would spend $160+ on tickets, and I would consider myself a diehard.

Ben Simon, r.i.p, not really dead, but moved on. He ran the show with the points. If they do bring it back, they owe me 2 points already.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:38:26 PM by marqptm »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:42 PM »
no, incorrect. Last I heard, which was yesterday, they did increase but only to $70.  Last year at 55 it averaged to $2.63 a game if you just went to basketball. Even at $160 it'd be well worth it but it did not get raised that high.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »
It's an incredible deal, and I'd be happy to pay $70 or more for only basketball, but what annoys me is how they promote fanatics tickets as season tickets to men's and women's bball, soccer, and volleyball. In reality, last year any student could waltz into any game other than men's bball and women's against UCONN for free.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »
It's an incredible deal, and I'd be happy to pay $70 or more for only basketball, but what annoys me is how they promote fanatics tickets as season tickets to men's and women's bball, soccer, and volleyball. In reality, last year any student could waltz into any game other than men's bball and women's against UCONN for free.

I agree that these events need to be paid for whether it be from the fanatics tickets or from something else. It's hard to do that though because soccer and volleyball start on Friday and Fanatics tickets won't have been sold by then. How do you monitor that and refund people if they have to pay to enter the games now before fanatics tickets are released? Also, there could be concern that charging for admission to these events will deter people from attending.  I agree that they either need to change the way the promote it or enforce it somehow though.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 10:03:48 PM »
Let's forget the fact they're college kids...$160 is a DEAL when compared to other universities. And the Bradley Center is NOT THAT BAD of a venue! Plus, I got stuck in the nosebleeds as a freshman...as a sophomore, lower nosebleeds...as a junior, back of main floor...as a senior, right in the thick of it all!
SS Marquette

ToddPacker

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 02:12:36 PM »
Whoa. I'm not even sure I would spend $160+ on tickets, and I would consider myself a diehard.

Ben Simon, r.i.p, not really dead, but moved on. He ran the show with the points. If they do bring it back, they owe me 2 points already.

If you are not willing to spend $160 on tickets, then you are not a diehard imo.  The fact that the fanatic ticket price has remained about the same, if not the same, since I was a frosh 10 years ago is a testament to the athletic department's willingness to cater to the students.  However, imo, a slight price increase is warranted considering what a steal this deal is.  The question is, how much can you charge without losing the bandwagoners? 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »

$160 works out to about 8 bucks a game if you just go to every basketball game...that's well worth it!! Definitely not a die hard if you aren't willing to shell out less than 10 bucks a game to sit courtside behind the hoop. Cuz that's where us die hards sit. 106 BABY!!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 03:46:48 PM »
If you are not willing to spend $160 on tickets, then you are not a diehard imo.

agreed... now if it was $160+ for a single game? welllll it'd better be one heck of a game and decent seats to boot.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
I agree $8 a game is a steal. However, a 300% increase in ticket prices over a single season is preposterous. I would need a very good reason to why the prices are going up, when the demand still isn't there (student section has shrunk the last 3 years). Raising the prices just to make some extra dough, fine, However, 300% increase is just greedy, but it is a Marquette department.

I have been sitting in section 106 for the past 4 seasons,and traveling to at least 2 away games a year and my last year at Marquette will probably not reflect that. I would rather buy the advertised $162 season ticket package, sit in the nosebleeds, stay warm in the Winter, and arrive 5 minutes before game time than $160 on a fanatic package.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 04:45:04 PM by marqptm »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
I agree $8 a game is a steal. However, a 300% increase in ticket prices over a single season is preposterous. I would need a very good reason to why the prices are going up, when the demand still isn't there (student section has shrunk the last 3 years). Raising the prices just to make some extra dough, fine, However, 300% increase is just greedy, but it is a Marquette department.

I have been sitting in section 106 for the past 4 seasons,and traveling to at least 2 away games a year and my last year at Marquette will probably not reflect that. I would rather buy the advertised $162 season ticket package, sit in the nosebleeds, stay warm in the Winter, and arrive 5 minutes before game time than $160 on a fanatic package.

To weed out the people that buy student tickets to go to 3 or 4 games...at that price, it's not worth it for those people. They'll sell however many student tix they do then put the rest of the section on sale for general admission. I also know a number of people that were scrounging for money and didn't get student tickets that did, somehow, manage every game to get one from someone else and show up.  I want those people to be the ones buying student tickets first, not the individuals that are going to go to just the ND, Pitt, Georgetown, L'ville type games and blow off the rest of the season. Granted, we want an insane crowd for these games, but these people that buy student tickets and go to only a few games are not going to bring the noise for these big games.

While a 300% increase may be a bit much, i welcome the can see valid reasons for it to be done. We also have not heard anything official from the athletic office saying what the student tickets will be priced at. This is still pretty much speculation. Yesterday at the scrimmage I heard closer to $100. Again, just speculation. Either way it's going up and I'm willing to pay for it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 05:43:47 PM by muwarrior87 »

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 07:05:43 PM »

$160 works out to about 8 bucks a game if you just go to every basketball game...that's well worth it!! Definitely not a die hard if you aren't willing to shell out less than 10 bucks a game to sit courtside behind the hoop. Cuz that's where us die hards sit. 106 BABY!!

Is section 106 the only section that holds diehards???  Just wondering because in the last 2 years, I have missed 2 home games (Winthrop in 05 and Savannah State in 06) and have traveled to several away games...and I have never stepped foot in section 106...does that make me something other than a diehard?  :)

Anyways, regarding tickets...while I dont think the tickets will be $160 this year, I still would not hesitate to buy them at that price.  $8 bucks a game for some of the best basketball in the country (at least 2nd semester...) is a steal. I would be curious to see the prices for student tickets for other Universities across the nation.

What I really wish for is a way for the ticket office to create demand for the tickets, so it is something special, or somewhat of a privilage to be able to have tickets. Unfortunately, that may mean significantly cutting the size of the student section which probably wouldnt go over well. 

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 08:21:13 PM »

Is section 106 the only section that holds diehards???  Just wondering because in the last 2 years, I have missed 2 home games (Winthrop in 05 and Savannah State in 06) and have traveled to several away games...and I have never stepped foot in section 106...does that make me something other than a diehard?  :)

Anyways, regarding tickets...while I dont think the tickets will be $160 this year, I still would not hesitate to buy them at that price.  $8 bucks a game for some of the best basketball in the country (at least 2nd semester...) is a steal. I would be curious to see the prices for student tickets for other Universities across the nation.

What I really wish for is a way for the ticket office to create demand for the tickets, so it is something special, or somewhat of a privilage to be able to have tickets. Unfortunately, that may mean significantly cutting the size of the student section which probably wouldnt go over well. 

By all means no, 106 is not the only place for die hard student fans.  If you are in the first 10 rows of any of the lower bowl you're pretty die hard as well.  There are also some really stupid poser fans that SIT, which is unacceptable, in 106 which i hate to see.  I was in the front row of my frosh and soph year before moving to 106 and will be in the back corner attempting to lead cheers again this year.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 09:52:30 PM »
I consider myself I diehard and have only missed a handful of games over four years and I very rarely sit in the first ten rows of the lower bowl. There have been occassions where I have been front row of 106 (Louisville,  Providence and a few others) but usually I am in the middle of the lower bowl somewhere. Just becuase you have a life and are not willing to wait outside for assaine amounts of time does not make you any less of a die hard. I am simply not willing to wait outside in the middle of January overnight, I have a life and school work and find that to be a waste of time when you can get there 3 hours ahead of time and still get very good seats in the lower bowl. Again that makes me no less of a die hard...

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »
just because i schedule my classes around basketball and find time to get my hw done before I head down to the BC at insane times to hang out w/ friends for a few hrs before a bball game doesn't me I don't have a life.  ;)

I enjoy spending the few hours before they let us in talking to my buds and playing random games...sounds like a pretty good life to me...esp since whenever it's really cold in january and february they let us into the atrium...so nice in there.

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 12:36:20 AM »
I consider myself I diehard and have only missed a handful of games over four years and I very rarely sit in the first ten rows of the lower bowl. There have been occassions where I have been front row of 106 (Louisville,  Providence and a few others) but usually I am in the middle of the lower bowl somewhere. Just becuase you have a life and are not willing to wait outside for assaine amounts of time does not make you any less of a die hard. I am simply not willing to wait outside in the middle of January overnight, I have a life and school work and find that to be a waste of time when you can get there 3 hours ahead of time and still get very good seats in the lower bowl. Again that makes me no less of a die hard...

I agree with this.  Last year for Pitt and Wiscy -- fair to say the two biggest home games of the season (maybe not biggest, but definitely the two most hyped) -- I sat in the upper bowl for both games, yet I'd bet that I knew more about the respective teams than 90% of the lower bowl (I know that sounds conceded, and I'm really not trying to be, but...).

Then again, I'm more of a subdued fan and prefer to have a good "viewing" location first and foremost.  No offense to you guys who are frequently located in section 106, but I sat there once last year -- it was that first game of the year against ??? -- and I hated the seat.  The base of the basketball hoop is a real hindrance to seeing a lot of the action on the near side of the court.  I'd say my ideal seat is halfway up in the lower bowl, closer to the sideline than to the baseline.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2007, 07:50:46 AM »
They should have a simple system.  For every game you show up for in November and December, you get a "lower bowl pass" for any game you wish to turn it in for in Jan-March.  Maybe two lower bowl passes turned in = you get to kick any student out of any seat.

I do think the amount of having kids wait around for games to start so they can get lowers is a giant waste of time.  Should be a better way.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 08:10:49 AM »
They should have a simple system.  For every game you show up for in November and December, you get a "lower bowl pass" for any game you wish to turn it in for in Jan-March.  Maybe two lower bowl passes turned in = you get to kick any student out of any seat.

I do think the amount of having kids wait around for games to start so they can get lowers is a giant waste of time.  Should be a better way.

Thank you...someone else feels the way I do!

That is a good suggestion Hilltopper.

The idea of standing out in the cold is cool and fun to start out with, but it gets real old real fast.  I would much rather sit in line ONCE to get reserved seats for the season rather than have to sit outside of the BC for every home game.  Make the lower bowl reserved seats at a higher price, and the upper level general admission.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 08:31:35 AM »

Amen buddy. However, the Department would rather let us suffer for their 7 second clip before the nationally televised game starts.

If ticket prices were raised to $200, but I knew where I was sitting, I would pay $250.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 08:42:27 AM »

Amen buddy. However, the Department would rather let us suffer for their 7 second clip before the nationally televised game starts.

If ticket prices were raised to $200, but I knew where I was sitting, I would pay $250.

They tried reserve seating when I was at MU and it sucked since there would be so many empty seats. The only way to make it work is with madatory attendance for lower bowl seats ala MSU. The only way you can miss a game is with a scheduled class or doctors note or else bye bye basketball seats. Or else do some form of line for lower bowl passes that have seat locations on them given out the day before the game. And if you are not in your seat you cannot get a lower bowl seat for the rest of the year. But I still believe GA is the way to go.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »

They tried reserve seating when I was at MU and it sucked since there would be so many empty seats. The only way to make it work is with madatory attendance for lower bowl seats ala MSU. The only way you can miss a game is with a scheduled class or doctors note or else bye bye basketball seats. Or else do some form of line for lower bowl passes that have seat locations on them given out the day before the game. And if you are not in your seat you cannot get a lower bowl seat for the rest of the year. But I still believe GA is the way to go.

I like the idea of a system, but keep in mind you have to have the infrastructure to institute and administer the system. You have to have the technology and the man-power to track attendance of the students and then "punish" them or "reward" them accordingly.

I'm not saying it's not possible... but obviously it has some additional costs as well as a learning curve for the students and employees.

GA is the easiest to administer. You show up early, you get a good seat. Everybody understands it.

I do like the idea of some sort of line (maybe at the union) the night before the game so students can sit inside and receive vouchers for lower bowl. I know it's not perfect, but it would prevent kids from having to stand outside in January for 5 hours. I know it's kind of romantic to view that as dedication (which it certainly is), but its kinda ridiculous and somewhat dangerous given some of the cold temps.

I know it's kinda fun for students to pound beers and stand on the sidewalk all day, but it only takes one accident to make that practice and the MU ticket policy look pretty silly.

EDIT: For full disclosure, I used to stand outside the Bradley and pound beers in the cold as well, and I loved it. I'm just saying that it's a situation where if an accident or fight or something did happen, MU could get a black-eye in the public because they didn't set up a system to prevent it from happening.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:20:59 AM by 2002mualum »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 09:10:58 AM »
We can pound beers now? ;D

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 09:15:52 AM »

However, the Department would rather let us suffer for their 7 second clip before the nationally televised game starts.

You hit the nail on the head.

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:08 AM »
We can pound beers now?

It's possible... its all a mater of not getting caught.. Ive done it before

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:51 AM »
Wait, the students don't drink in line anymore?

Admittedly, I haven't had to stand in line in 5 years... but we used to go crazy when we had to stand outside. I think each guy had a 12 pack in his coat. We even used to buy coats specifically with a lot of pockets so we could sneak the maximum amount of beer into the game.

Our row used to be covered in beer cans by the end of the game.

Great times, indeed.

Secret of the Ouse

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 02:07:26 PM »
its harder to so that now,  its real easy to sneak in beers, but security watched us a lot last year and would take all the beers if they caught you or someone by you drinking

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
its harder to so that now,  its real easy to sneak in beers, but security watched us a lot last year and would take all the beers if they caught you or someone by you drinking

Bring beer cans, pour beers into cup down by your feet. Repeat until you can hardly walk and you are horse from yelling at Jobey Thomas the entire game.

Not sure how to get away with it outside, but inside the game you should be able to manage.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 12:07:17 AM »
As someone who spent a LOT of time outside the BC in my 4 years, I had a couple ideas on how to improve it. First, cap the amount of Fanatic tickets available to the lower bowl sections, and 2 upper deck sections. Create demand for the tickets. That way, you have a fuller looking section, and are able to sell some of those seats that are empty for all of 2 games a year. To be honest, the extra students that are that high up for big games are *usually* too drunk to know what the hell is going on, show up late, and leave early. Not a huge loss, IMO.

I think there should be a mix of reserved and gen admit seating. For example, they have the Gold and Blue wristbands for each game. Make people pay more, but then they are assured a wristband for 225, 224, and 106. That way they still have to wait, and it discourages some of the people who go to 106 just to get on TV, sit down during Ring Out Ahoya, and try to start chants they used in High School.

There are people who don't mind waiting for hours (it's fun at times, but I was over it by the time last season ended) and they'll still do it. For the rest, it allows people to cut down the time outside, which is helpful.

Doubt it will ever happen, but it's an idea.

feedback