Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is Mbakwe on Campus?  (Read 8532 times)

Coobeys Oil Depot

Re: Is Mbakwe on Campus?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 09:38:09 PM »
Is there a curse on us when it comes to big men?  Good thing we have Blackledge.

Nah. We could've had Bryce Webster, Daniel Deane, James Tchana, or Maurice Thomas.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »
yes we could have but we could of also had Williamson who was a real stud at Cincy last year and the kid that ended up at georgia last year who was a huge stud ....instead of Blackledge. Who seems like a good kid but is not a D1 talent

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »
yes we could have but we could of also had Williamson who was a real stud at Cincy last year and the kid that ended up at georgia last year who was a huge stud ....instead of Blackledge. Who seems like a good kid but is not a D1 talent

You mean the Williamson kid who grew up loving the Bearcats and always wanted to play for them as well as the Brown kid who was academically ineligible for a time at Georgia? If you think we are having problems getting Mbakwe and Saunders in, Brown would have given you a heart attack.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »
so what you are saying is Brown was not a whole lot different than Trend?, except for the fact that brown actually started 31 of 33 games.  Or that he scored 14 a game with 6 boards.
 Additionally, he shot 57% from the field and 69% from the line.  To say the Brown situation is worse than Trend, Saunders, or Mbakwe is a joke.

I would agree it is different becuase unlike Trend he never missed a semester and was arguably the best player on the team.  And unlike Saunders and Mbakwe he actualy enrolled.

Different yes...worse....I am not seeing that.  Mu is a top 5 team last year and this year with Takais Brown!

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
so what you are saying is Brown was not a whole lot different than Trend?, except for the fact that brown actually started 31 of 33 games.  Or that he scored 14 a game with 6 boards.
 Additionally, he shot 57% from the field and 69% from the line.  To say the Brown situation is worse than Trend, Saunders, or Mbakwe is a joke.

I would agree it is different becuase unlike Trend he never missed a semester and was arguably the best player on the team.  And unlike Saunders and Mbakwe he actualy enrolled.

Different yes...worse....I am not seeing that.  Mu is a top 5 team last year and this year with Takais Brown!

Didn't mention anything about playing time. Re: Mbakwe/Saunders I was talking about academic issues. Considering the meltdown some people have had over the last 3 months following the Brown situation would have been akin to news coverage of the Chandra Levy missing persons case.

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 05:45:52 PM »
I realize you said nothing about playing time or the big time stats.  i just thru that in there after you said getting Brown in would have been worse.

Becuase how could it have been worse than Blackledge, when brown actually got into school and then played both semesters.  it seems to me the Blackledge situation purely academically was worse.  Well's leave the stats aside.

Additionally, how is the Brown situation worse than this year's  when again brown got into school and played both semsters when Mu's two kids are no where to be seen.

Not following?  remeber this started when someone listed all the players MU could have gotten instead  and I simply listed two JUco studs!!  When insted we got a guy who should have never gotten a scholarship and instead will be atwo year issue. 

Coobeys Oil Depot

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 05:51:47 PM »
I realize you said nothing about playing time or the big time stats.  i just thru that in there after you said getting Brown in would have been worse.

Becuase how could it have been worse than Blackledge, when brown actually got into school and then played both semesters.  it seems to me the Blackledge situation purely academically was worse.  Well's leave the stats aside.

Additionally, how is the Brown situation worse than this year's  when again brown got into school and played both semsters when Mu's two kids are no where to be seen.

Not following?  remeber this started when someone listed all the players MU could have gotten instead  and I simply listed two JUco studs!!  When insted we got a guy who should have never gotten a scholarship and instead will be atwo year issue. 

Brown couldn't get into MU. Is that clear enough?

Continue on your rant against Blackledge.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
Pretty sure Coobeys is saying that MU is better academically than Georgia...thus, it would be the same situation since he wouldn't be able to make the grade here where he was able to at Georgia.  Thus, having him sit out would be a bigger knock against the team than having Trend not playing...if I am following that correctly.

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »

"We understand the Clearinghouse is loaded up with athletes still playing fall sports," Crean said. "He's (Trevor M) been waiting patiently to get the final answer. From what we've seen there's no reason to think everything's not going to work out fine."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/default.aspx

So know what's the negative slant on this now Turners and PRN?

Harrison

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »
This information is no different that what my people have been telling me and what basiclly by now everyone one know's.

The problem/ the issue is if as crean states, the NCAA is working on fall sports unlike last october/Novemeber when they took a month to clear Lazar and it then takes the NCCA the same month or longer does trevor walk into classes in October as a new student?
Is that allowable by NCAA or Mu standards?  can he possibly remain elegible under those circumastances?

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »
If Crean's not worried about it, then I wouldn't be either. 

You have to figure he'd be looking at every angle available and fighting like hell to help out the situation if he thought Mbwake wasn't going to be here.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 01:28:42 PM »

"We understand the Clearinghouse is loaded up with athletes still playing fall sports," Crean said. "He's (Trevor M) been waiting patiently to get the final answer. From what we've seen there's no reason to think everything's not going to work out fine."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/muhoops/default.aspx

So know what's the negative slant on this now Turners and PRN?

They've been busy clearing some Wisconsin football players of late (Clay, et al) so now they can move on to some others.

This is one huge disadvantage of being on a semester system vs at quarter system like UCLA.  UCLA starts school the last week of September.

feedback