Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [MJS Blog] Milwaukee could take a lesson from Louisville  (Read 4847 times)

mu35577

• Scholarship Player
Re: [MJS Blog] Milwaukee could take a lesson from Louisville
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
I was at the game yesterday and have some thoughts on the stadium. Okay, yeah its HUGE, but so what. The atrium is very big, but there's not a lot to it. I've heard that the BC needs to have 'exclusive clubs' and high-level suites to bring in the big $. The YUM center looked to have nice suites, but I didnt see a whole lot of exclusive clubs. Overall, the arena was very clean and big, but I wasn't that impressed. Give me American Airlines Arena in Dallas as the model if the BC is ever going to get rebuilt
"Give 'em Hell, Al"

Room510

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 08:59:14 PM »
Hunt's article says the Yum! cost $232 million.  The "Billion Dollar Basketball" article discussed in the Superbar last week says the Yum! has over $800 million in debt service.  These two numbers don't jive.  I wonder what it really cost to build ?

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:01 PM »
Where did the Kentucky Colonels play for the old ABA? Louisville or Lexington?

Colonels traded Caldwell Jones for Maurice Lucas. Luke then went to the Blazers in the merger dispersal draft. There, teamed with Bill Walton, the Blazers won an improbable NBA title.

Death on call

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
In all fairness, the Yum! Center is the nicest arena I've ever been to or covered a game at, and I don't even know what second place would be.

Dollar for dollar, probably not a better arena in the country.  The best overall?  Anyone making that argument hasn't made the trip to the new Amway in Orlando.
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »
Maybe the Bucks can just move to Louisville - It would solve a problem for Milwaukee and solve another one for Louisville. Perfect.

Solve a problem for Milwaukee? Maybe.  But for all of those posting here on a Monday night (i.e. die-hard Marquette fans), losing the Bucks would be a major blow.  If for no other reason, playing in an NBA arena is a pretty exclusive club.
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

honkytonk

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
Dollar for dollar, probably not a better arena in the country.  The best overall?  Anyone making that argument hasn't made the trip to the new Amway in Orlando.

Pffffftttt.....says a former New Yorker.

honkytonk

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »
Solve a problem for Milwaukee? Maybe.  But for all of those posting here on a Monday night (i.e. die-hard Marquette fans), losing the Bucks would be a major blow.  If for no other reason, playing in an NBA arena is a pretty exclusive club.

I guess I dont understand. Is it the novelty of playing in an arena that an NBA team also plays in that is nice to claim....or is it the facility itself (a facility that is good enough to house an NBA team)? Besides, Im not sure what the advantages of playing in an NBA arena are. What are the, exactly? Its not a recruiting advantage because SJU, Nova and MU have less combined All Americans over the last couple of years than any one of UK, KU, Duke, UCLA, Zona, SU, UConn, UF, OSU, IU etc etc....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
In all fairness, the Yum! Center is the nicest arena I've ever been to or covered a game at, and I don't even know what second place would be.

Jack Kent Cooke's Fabulous Forum?

Death on call

MU82

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:04 PM »

Conseco in Indy. Has the feel of a college arena with the amenities of the latest pro arena.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson