[Today at 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[Today at 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 6 Harbaugh mentions in Post Game Interview  (Read 11805 times)

klyrish

• All American
Re: 6 Harbaugh mentions in Post Game Interview
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 08:44:57 PM »

Chicos is just like Crean...Hey, Look at me! I am in New Orleans. You know, where the Super Bowl is being played!

The fanbases of the two teams that should know that Crean was the brother-in-law of a Harbaugh are what teams?  49ers.  Ravens.  Where were those fanbases this weekend congregated?  New Orleans.  Many of them watched the IU game...and many of them had no idea the relationship.

Haiku it

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
I'm guessing he probably also wishes she didn't look like a man.

Wondering how classy it would be of MU fans to start talking about Buzz's wife in that fashion?  Coach's wife should be off limits like POTUS kids. Unfortunately we have some real a-holes for fans.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2013, 09:02:26 PM »
You are close to it, so you know it. Many people don't know the story.  Most people here in New Orleans I was around had no idea about it.  During the IU game last night you couldn't believe how many people down here had no idea that he was related to the Harbaughs by marriage.  Comments like "really?"  "that's pretty cool"  "what are the odds one woman is married to the IU coach and her brothers are coaching for the Super Bowl", etc, etc.

Sorry, Chicos, you don't have to be "close to it" to know Tom Crean married a Harbaugh. He's been a head coach at a major college for 14 years,  probably coached on national TV 200 times. And in every game the camera cuts to Joani and repeats the same old story.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:17 PM »
Wondering how classy it would be of MU fans to start talking about Buzz's wife in that fashion?  Coach's wife should be off limits like POTUS kids. Unfortunately we have some real a-holes for fans.

Oh my God. Would you please just STFU? The President's kids? Really? You are suggesting that the wife of a coach at IU should be off limits on a Marquette message board, similar to the way the Prsident's kids should be off limits to the media? Really? You really  do have your head up that guy's ass. Who exactly was harmed by that comment about Joanie Harbaugh?

Are you new here? Didn't ur friend Hoopaloop tell you what this board is like? Who else who wouldn't be offended because they wouldn't dream of spending one minute here should be off limits?

BtW, I wouldn't recognize Buzz's wife if she was sitting next to me on my own couch. Yet, as correctly pointed out above, Joanie gets more camera time than the last four players on IU's bench combined, and your hero never passes up an opportunity to talk about the Harbaugh's (when he isn't talking about himself that is). Why should she be "off limits" when they happily put her out there themselves?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:41:19 PM by NavinRJohnson »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »
in every game the camera cuts to Joani and repeats the same old story.

Wait! You mean that is a woman?? I always thought that was Jim Harbaugh!

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
Sorry, Chicos, you don't have to be "close to it" to know Tom Crean married a Harbaugh. He's been a head coach at a major college for 14 years,  probably coached on national TV 200 times. And in every game the camera cuts to Joani and repeats the same old story.

Makes you wonder why so many people, then, didn't know about it and they were fans of those two football teams. Also makes you wonder if it is such common knowledge, why they (media) mentioned it so much the last week...you know, since it's such common knowledge why the repeated mentions of it on ESPN Sports Center, national articles, during the IU game, etc.  Something of such common knowledge isn't repeated that often time and again unless it isn't common knowledge. The casual fan, doesn't know.  The football fan that doesn't give a rip about basketball, doesn't know.  People here on the west coast, most don't even know who the coach of IU is and they certainly don't know MU's coach or where MU is even located.  You're viewing it through a lens of knowledge and giving way too many credit for having the knowledge that people here have because we are exposed to it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 09:27:05 AM »
Oh my God. Would you please just STFU? The President's kids? Really? You are suggesting that the wife of a coach at IU should be off limits on a Marquette message board, similar to the way the Prsident's kids should be off limits to the media? Really? You really  do have your head up that guy's ass. Who exactly was harmed by that comment about Joanie Harbaugh?

Are you new here? Didn't ur friend Hoopaloop tell you what this board is like? Who else who wouldn't be offended because they wouldn't dream of spending one minute here should be off limits?

BtW, I wouldn't recognize Buzz's wife if she was sitting next to me on my own couch. Yet, as correctly pointed out above, Joanie gets more camera time than the last four players on IU's bench combined, and your hero never passes up an opportunity to talk about the Harbaugh's (when he isn't talking about himself that is). Why should she be "off limits" when they happily put her out there themselves?

It's beyond classless.  The coach represents the school, paid by the school...fair game.  The wife, his kids, etc, do not.  If someone here was to make disparaging comments about Buzz's wife, Al McGuire's wife, etc...it would be condemned immediately.  It would be classless....just as your comments are.  TOTALLY CLASSLESS.  You aren't alone, either.  Be a man and stop ripping on someone's wife. 

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 09:34:21 AM »
It's beyond classless.  The coach represents the school, paid by the school...fair game.  The wife, his kids, etc, do not.  If someone here was to make disparaging comments about Buzz's wife, Al McGuire's wife, etc...it would be condemned immediately.  It would be classless....just as your comments are.  TOTALLY CLASSLESS.  You aren't alone, either.  Be a man and stop ripping on someone's wife. 
Nice complaining about not finding decency on an internet message board.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

klyrish

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:36 AM »

Joani? Is that you?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:49 AM »
Makes you wonder why so many people, then, didn't know about it and they were fans of those two football teams. Also makes you wonder if it is such common knowledge, why they (media) mentioned it so much the last week...you know, since it's such common knowledge why the repeated mentions of it on ESPN Sports Center, national articles, during the IU game, etc.  Something of such common knowledge isn't repeated that often time and again unless it isn't common knowledge. The casual fan, doesn't know.  The football fan that doesn't give a rip about basketball, doesn't know.  People here on the west coast, most don't even know who the coach of IU is and they certainly don't know MU's coach or where MU is even located.  You're viewing it through a lens of knowledge and giving way too many credit for having the knowledge that people here have because we are exposed to it.

Wow. Media repeats and repeats and repeats information on sports, pop culture, politics, etc. that everyone who doesn't live under a rock has known forever. A 49er fan who doesn't know that Jim Harbaugh is their coach is a moron. And one who doesn't know that Harbaugh's brother coaches the Ravens or that his brother-in-law coaches blue blood Indiana isn't much brighter.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:20:54 AM by Lennys Tap »

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
Wow. Media repeats and repeats and repeats information on sports, pop culture, politics, etc. that everyone who doesn't live under a rock has known forever. A 49er fan who doesn't know that Jim Harbaugh is their coach is a moron. And one who doesn't know that Harbaugh's brother coaches the Ravens or that his brother-in-law coaches blue blood Indiana isn't much brighter.

Reminds me of the Brady Quinn sister thing.  The media is desparate for storylines, then they bash them into the ground at a nauseating level.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
Chicos in his best Tommy Flanagan voice :

" Yeeaaah, my boyfriend, Tom Crean, whom I have slept with, is brother-in-law to the Harbaugh brothers.  Yeaaaahhh, and we always play touch football, with me as quarterback,  yeeaahh,  That's the ticket".

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:05 AM »
It's beyond classless.  It would be classless....just as your comments are.  TOTALLY CLASSLESS.  You aren't alone, either.

So we're clear, I should be taking my "class" cues, and proper etiquettte direction on an Internet message board from someone who was banned from said Internet message board, but came back under a different name, and not only denies being the banned poster, but actually claims to be a close friend of said poster? Got it. Nothing screams class more than being banned from MUScoop and then pretending to be someone else in order to come back. Good grief.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 10:49:27 AM »

What if the coach's wife demands a university hire her father to a six figure, do-nothing job?

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
What if the coach's wife demands a university hire her father to a six figure, do-nothing job?

If you know it for a fact, rip her intentions but no need to poop on looks.

Lots of people have ugly wives. And likely those that have posted in this thread. But, really, what purpose does it serve to hurl playground insults about it? Isn't it enough to make fun of how Crean looks while coaching his top ranked basketball team?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »
So we're clear, I should be taking my "class" cues, and proper etiquettte direction on an Internet message board from someone who was banned from said Internet message board, but came back under a different name, and not only denies being the banned poster, but actually claims to be a close friend of said poster? Got it. Nothing screams class more than being banned from MUScoop and then pretending to be someone else in order to come back. Good grief.

Early favorite for Post of the Year 2013.

Honestly, if the university does it, more power to her!

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 11:41:29 AM »

Do nothing? What are you talking about? Jack Harbaugh talked to Marquette alums about his sons at dinners across the country.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 11:51:42 AM »
Chicos in his best Tommy Flanagan voice :

" Yeeaaah, my boyfriend, Tom Crean, whom I have slept with, is brother-in-law to the Harbaugh brothers.  Yeaaaahhh, and we always play touch football, with me as quarterback,  yeeaahh,  That's the ticket".

Hilarious!

Death on call

brinsler

• Walk-On
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
Reminds me of the Brady Quinn sister thing.  The media is desparate for storylines, then they bash them into the ground at a nauseating level.
Quinn's sister is Laura Hawk, married to Packer AJ Hawk. These are two ugly people. They should not be allowed to breed.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2013, 06:36:53 PM »
Nice complaining about not finding decency on an internet message board.

Sorry, but there should be a line that isn't crossed (there are many lines, actually, and this is one).  It's beneath being a man to rip on another woman like that merely because you don't like the husband....she's a wife of a coach, not the coach.  She's not an employee of the university.  I guess I'm old school.  I find it totally out of bounds.  Someone needs to speak up, I did. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 06:38:35 PM »

Do nothing job?  Funny, you ask the employees that worked for him and they said he was one of the best bosses they ever had at MU.  I can PM you with a few that you probably know and you might just be surprised.  They asked me to pass on hellos down in New Orleans if I had the opportunity to see him.  Employees that have been at MU for several decades, were very close to Rick, Al, Hank, etc.  You would be quite surprised.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2013, 06:42:16 PM »

Because you are wrong.  I didn't create that username.  I admitted that I used his username a few times when I couldn't get in because I literally couldn't even read the posts as an observer and I had the site blocked via cookie.  But I didn't create it, nor did I write 99% of the messages.  So stop with your moral equivalency because there is none.

Be a man, stop ripping on someone's wife because you feel jilted at the altar that her husband left for a better school, better program and a better place to win after giving MU 9 years and some great memories.  She used to monitor these boards, or so the story goes, with the treatment of her and her husband does it surprise anyone that he would leave and she would encourage it?  Have some class.