[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Brand  (Read 5382 times)

CAGASS24

• All American
Marquette Brand
« on: January 19, 2013, 10:16:34 PM »
Of basketball. Proud of it. after everything this team had to confront tonight: awful shooting to start, early free throw struggles, trailing all game, spotty calls at the end all  over the court, injury, giving up all those o rebounds, davante no buckets till end, the home crowd...they still almost pulled it out.  GTST.  High major players, working hard!!!  Tough to complain about.  Thanks buzz staff and players.

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
Re: Marquette Brand
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
+1

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »
Couldn't have said it better... Hopefully it will pay off come march.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
This team is not pretty to watch as compared to the last couple years, but they are growing on me. Good Lord, who would want to play us? Nobody. Every game is a taffy pull

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
This is the best thread of the year thus far.  Great effort by the team to get back into it.  Give Buzz his due.  His teams have been been very different year after year and he adjusts and gets the best out of his players.  That is the sign of a great coach and it makes me proud to be an MU alum to see a team that fights so hard.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 10:56:42 PM »
Junior and Ox have really grown into their roles. Awesome to see as a fan/booster of the program.
We Are Marquette

CAGASS24

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
Thanks; I always felt exuberant, if not occasionally irrational, optimism for team /school sport was the beauty if not purpose of fandom.  Not everyone feels that way, and that's okay, just think its too bad for them!!!

Go marq

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 11:43:18 PM »
Of basketball. Proud of it. after everything this team had to confront tonight: awful shooting to start, early free throw struggles, trailing all game, spotty calls at the end all  over the court, injury, giving up all those o rebounds, davante no buckets till end, the home crowd...they still almost pulled it out.  GTST.  High major players, working hard!!!  Tough to complain about.  Thanks buzz staff and players.

+1. Disappointed with the loss, extremely proud of the effort. Some "fans" will nitpick but this just isn't a great team. But we're as tough as anybody, and I think that bodes well for the rest of the year.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 06:47:12 AM »
As bad as MU played in the first half, I never gave up.   The 'MU Brand' is that the team finds a way to get back in the game.   Except Florida.   Meh, conference road loss, tight game.   Oh, well. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »
Buzz always has players playing hard. Told my son at halftime this could be our WV game this year. Very proud of work ethic and enjoyable to watch, even in ugly game or tough loss. Buzz delivers the goods.

Marqevans

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 08:36:07 AM »
Great game. Just wasn't our night to pull out the close one.  Flipped to the bulls game only only to see Jimmy Butler miss  a game tying 3 with 3 seconds left.  Just wasn't a Marquette night.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »
Good to see some realism on the board.  We went on the road against a quality NCAA tourney team and stunk up the joint for 20 minutes.  Many teams would have gotten on the bus at halftime.  We had a legitimate shot to win but for one outstanding player's performance. Character revealed.

Now let's come home and take games Saturday and Monday in convincing fashion.  No one comes into our house and pushes us around.  I'm still saying 8-2 after DePaul.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 10:49:31 AM »
Somebody posted in another thread that some relative, after watching the first half, said that Marquette would be hard to cheer for.

If you watched the second half you would see why we are extremely easy to cheer for.  This team has heart.  No one has all of the tools at their position (e.g. Cadougan, Ox, Lockett, Blue, D Wilson) with the exception of Jamil Wilson but yet they win as a team.  It is impressive.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »
I only saw the last 6 min and OT.  O'Tule foul out or just ineffective.  He didn't come on the floor when the big man went down hard because of the ball...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »
Ineffective.    And there weren't any decent matchups for him after the two cinci bigs fouled out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
Great thread. I don't remember in recent history a season through mid January that's been this fun to watch.   Most fans should only be so lucky. 

RyPow11

• Walk-On
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
great post. as an MU fan in southwest Ohio, I was stuck watching the game with all UC fans unfortunately. however, after the game they had newfound respect for the heart the warriors showed. disappointing result but unbelievably proud of the boys!

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
Love Marquette basketball.  MU has a lot talent, lot of depth and plays every game hard.  It's always entertaining.  We just need to add a couple of talented "bigs" - PF or C in 2014 to move the team up a notch from very good to a great team.  Hope Buzz works hard to land the "bigs."

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »
Very good points. I totally agree.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 04:42:55 PM »
This team is not pretty to watch as compared to the last couple years, but they are growing on me. Good Lord, who would want to play us? Nobody. Every game is a taffy pull

+1. The boys never stopped fighting.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 05:43:44 PM »
Love Marquette basketball.  MU has a lot talent, lot of depth and plays every game hard.  It's always entertaining.  We just need to add a couple of talented "bigs" - PF or C in 2014 to move the team up a notch from very good to a great team.  Hope Buzz works hard to land the "bigs."

I think that Buzz worked as hard as he ever has at recruiting to try and get Joel Embiid this year.  The key to landing JaJuan Johnson was the success Buzz has had getting guys his size, i.e. Matthews, Hayward, Butler, and Crowder into the league.  Once Buzz gets a big into the league (Davante?, Jameel?) it will make for a more level playing field when recruiting against schools like Kansas and Florida which can point to "bigs" that they've gotten into the league.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.