'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: why is lockett in now?  (Read 3058 times)

dolly4512

• Walk-On
why is lockett in now?
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:09 PM »
we need points

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: why is lockett in now?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
we need points

For that tip! I don't think they have anyone else to play the wing.

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:32:56 PM »
Because we need him in there.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:18 PM »
Lockett is valuable, also a great FT shooter

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »
a great FT shooter

Was that supposed to be in teal?

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:04:13 PM »
No...he's pretty good from the line.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
I did not like his defense on the last play. Everyone in the building knew he was going to shoot. Looked to me like he jumped out of the way.

Good comeback though.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
I did not like his defense on the last play. Everyone in the building knew he was going to shoot. Looked to me like he jumped out of the way.

Good comeback though.

Just watched replay and he did jump back.  Sad thing is Kilpatrick just blew by Anderson. 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 09:12:41 PM »
Just watched replay and he did jump back.  Sad thing is Kilpatrick just blew by Anderson. 

But help has got to be there. Killa is too quick for Juany
SS Marquette

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »
But help has got to be there. Killa is too quick for Juany

Lockett was the help, but for some reason did not come over.  He actually took a step to the rear and got out of his way.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 09:17:03 PM »
The team was impressive tonight. A lot of fight after being down big and not just quitting like against Florida. Jamil fouling out was tough. I think he takes locketts minutes near the end.

Lockett is the reason they lost the game. His play was terrible down the stretch. He basically turned it over with 3 seconds left when Gardner stuck his hand up and drew the foul. He had 2 bad fouls in OT. I'm not sure what he was thinking on the last play either. Was he afraid to pick up his 5th? Also, he went o-for from 3. I like Lockett but there is no denying that he has made crucial mistakes at the end of 3 big east games this season.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »
Cincy went small on the last possession and since MU let Kilpatrick catch the in-bounds, in hindsight, I wouldn't have minded seeing a 2-3 with Otule in the middle. If they're going to win with a long-range shot, let them. Don't give up a what was a tough but more or less uncontested lay-up.

MU showed a lot of heart in second half. Unfortunately, sometimes you just get beat.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
The team was impressive tonight. A lot of fight after being down big and not just quitting like against Florida. Jamil fouling out was tough. I think he takes locketts minutes near the end.

Lockett is the reason they lost the game. His play was terrible down the stretch. He basically turned it over with 3 seconds left when Gardner stuck his hand up and drew the foul. He had 2 bad fouls in OT. I'm not sure what he was thinking on the last play either. Was he afraid to pick up his 5th? Also, he went o-for from 3. I like Lockett but there is no denying that he has made crucial mistakes at the end of 3 big east games this season.

I stopped reading after the bolded part.

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
He has no control over his body. How do you commit two fouls, one being 45 feet from the basket with the shot clock winding down? Just completely negated Mayo's big shot. It was the turning point that switched the momentum back to cincy. Stupid plays. Everyone else was pretty clutch I thought.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 12:14:38 AM »
Lockett is fine.  Rebounds and defends well.  Honestly, people need to look at more than ppg.

avalanche

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
I agree Lockett has had lapses but he has had a lot of company.

Let's face it, the whole team and coaching staff has not done a good job defensively at the end of recent games.
The end of Pitt in regulation was on court leadership and coaching issue.  Players confused and coach saw it and  didn't call time out(i am sorry the time out would not have helped Pitt)

The end of OT at Cincy Juan was called off the inbounder( big mistake) and Todd was looking at the bench and for whatever reason stopped face guarding and denying Kilpatrick the ball. Why rest of team did' get into help position in the lane is beyond me.   The real issue was that we didn't deny Kilpatrick the ball and didn't gird the inbound passer.

It was a game that showed the Warriors great character and it was a shame we couldn't hold on to get second OT.  Ans as far as Lockett,the good way outweighs the bad.

I couldn't be prouder of team, it has far exceeded my expectations.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
Lockett has played ok.   His end-of-game defense yesterday wasn't good, but it wasn't the complete braincramp that he experienced against Pitt and G-town.     It isn't usually his job to be the helping shot blocker.    And, as I have mentioned elsewhere, with the lineup that Cinci had in, who else could MU have in?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.